Strangers On My Flight!

NADTATIDA1

"made me laugh"

Yep, there's nothing like racism to get farangs rollin' on the floor...unless someone refers to them as "farangs".

Ha HaHa - no need to worry.....there's always somebody with a truck load of baggage, being overtly PC, and having a mission in life to try and wipe the smile of peoples faces......take your truck somewhere else..... :)

• 1 month later...

So why not may a poll? Let us see who among you think that the link was

1. funny

2. funny but racist

3. not funny and racist

4. disgusting

I thought it was funny as well but think it is very racist and therefore no PC. Of course if you were a Muslim, you would be angry and maybe even think of doing something rash like blowing up something. But hey! They are not the only ones that blow up things.

1. funny

2. funny but racist

3. not funny and racist

4. disgusting

I thought it was funny as well but think it is very racist and therefore no PC. Of course if you were a Muslim, you would be angry and maybe even think of doing something rash like blowing up something. But hey! They are not the only ones that blow up things.

Yeah do it! get Jingy to help you

Saw that years ago when it first came out, was funny then and still is, wouldn't call it racist it's what's happening.

Struggling to think of a none Muslim suicide bomber

:)

This is a very interesting thread and the more people join and express their opinion, you get a very good cross section of people's attitude towards things like the spoofed Sinatra song and their views on Muslims.

There is a huge gulf that separates being a Muslim and being a Terrorist. The spoofed song casts doubt on All Muslims and being one brands you as as a potential terrorist suicide bomber. I am reminded of how Japanese-Americans were treated (thrown into concentration camps) after Pearl Harbor.

I am just as against terrorism as I am against racism. But I also think the two are related .. i.e. racism and terrorism – just as oppression can lead to an uprising. Even then, that doesn’t make it right.

Nah, not racist at all, no mention of race in the song anywhere unless you count the reference to turbans and the wearing of turbans is not just restricted to Muslims. The western world has become far too PC for my liking, without wanting to appear racist I don't see non western people giving two hoots for our sensitivities in their general behaviour. <deleted> if someone is black, how am I supposed to describe him? Non-white? Call a spade a spade (no pun or racist intent there) and get on with life!

Furious software engineer dive bombing the IRS building in Austin Texas (does that qualify? I think it does). http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100218/ap_on_...ane_crash_texas
Struggling to think of a none Muslim suicide bomber

:)

Japanese Kamikaze pilots.

That Sikh that blew up Ghandi?

Edit: Tamil Tigers

Point Taken..But I thought we were talking about "Strangers On My Flight" past and future flights

:D

Give me a break. Which group of people do you think are being referred to when the term Raghead (pardon the usage) is used? Why are you struggling about what to call blacks? Is the term you currently use spelled N I G G E R?

Nah, not racist at all, no mention of race in the song anywhere unless you count the reference to turbans and the wearing of turbans is not just restricted to Muslims. The western world has become far too PC for my liking, without wanting to appear racist I don't see non western people giving two hoots for our sensitivities in their general behaviour. <deleted> if someone is black, how am I supposed to describe him? Non-white? Call a spade a spade (no pun or racist intent there) and get on with life!

1. funny

2. funny but racist

3. not funny and racist

4. disgusting

You forget number 5. Humour and entertainment.

Yes! A bit of fun (at the expense of Muslims). In the Kingdom of Thailand, Muslims already feel marginalized. But to you, it is still okey to poke fun at them.

Take it for what it is , it can be interpretated any way , I think its a bit of fun, I will take my turn at being called honky falang, and laugh about it .

Yes! A bit of fun (at the expense of Muslims). In the Kingdom of Thailand, Muslims already feel marginalized. But to you, it is still okey to poke fun at them.
Take it for what it is , it can be interpretated any way , I think its a bit of fun, I will take my turn at being called honky falang, and laugh about it .

Most of us couldn't care less if you are offended toybits as we all know its meant in jest.

There's nothing in this other than a light hearted rhyme. :)

I case you haven't read my post, I already said that I am not a Muslim. There was no mention of a Muslim in the spoofed Ole Blue Eyes song - Strangers in the Night. However, the implications are there and that suicide bombers are invariable Muslim. Just read what slaps wrote - below.

Slaps @ 2010-03-04 09:21:11) post_snapback.gifStruggling to think of a none Muslim suicide bomber

Care to change your opinion on this?

I saw/heard no mention of muslim there. Someone found an uncomfortable cap that fits, perhaps?

Q: Why do they call us 'honkies'?

A: because it's the last thing we hear before getting run over by a big cadillac.... :)

Give me a break. Which group of people do you think are being referred to when the term Raghead (pardon the usage) is used? Why are you struggling about what to call blacks? Is the term you currently use spelled N I G G E R?

Where in my post do I say I am struggling about what to call a black man? No I do not refer to my black brothers and sisters as Niggers! You are displaying all the maturity of a five year old. The song is a spoof! It is what is known (in the Non PC world in which you clearly do not live) as comedy. Seems to me that you have a bee in your bonnett about muslims, if you identify with them so much, feel free to move to Narathiwat, Yala or Pattani and see how much you enjoy the random killing.

Edited by midasthailand

So by your own admission that it is not PC. wouldn't you agree that you ARE also being Racist in your attitude towards Muslims? By jumping on that bus that finds the spoofed song funny and nothing more than a comical stunt, you are yourself being racist?

Where in my post do I say I am struggling about what to call a black man? No I do not refer to my black brothers and sisters as Niggers! You are displaying all the maturity of a five year old. The song is a spoof! It is what is known (in the Non PC world in which you clearly do not live) as comedy. Seems to me that you have a bee in your bonnett about muslims, if you identify with them so much, feel free to move to Narathiwat, Yala or Pattani and see how much you enjoy the random killing.

Are you still here? Speaking of buses I think you have missed yours ! My best Thai friend is a follower of Islam. Anybody that knows me, knows that I am not racist, I treat all people the same, if they are ass holes I treat them accordingly regardless of their race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, age, physical condition or any other label you can think of.

I said in my initial response to your poll question that as far as I am concerned the pendulum has swung too far on the PC Clock and we need to return to reality, If a muslim blows himself up he is still a muslim, if a white christian male robs a bank he is still a white christian male and if a black methodist speeds, he is still a black methodist. How would you have us label people when describing them?

So by your own admission that it is not PC. wouldn't you agree that you ARE also being Racist in your attitude towards Muslims? By jumping on that bus that finds the spoofed song funny and nothing more than a comical stunt, you are yourself being racist?

Since your Best Thai Friend is a follower of Islam - may I ask you this then - Show him the song (assuming he can read English). In case he does not, translate it for him as close to the meaning as you can and Explain to him why it is funny to you. See his reaction and THEN look at yourself if you do not feel a bit embarassed by what you just did.

Saying that your best Thai friend is a follower of Islam makes no difference in this matter because what we are talking about is whether the song was racist or not. It was funny for many people - including myself - but I found it to be racist.

Lets see how your Thai Muslim Best friend would react.

Oh and yes, I am still here.

Are you still here? Speaking of buses I think you have missed yours ! My best Thai friend is a follower of Islam. Anybody that knows me, knows that I am not racist, I treat all people the same, if they are ass holes I treat them accordingly regardless of their race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, age, physical condition or any other label you can think of.

I said in my initial response to your poll question that as far as I am concerned the pendulum has swung too far on the PC Clock and we need to return to reality, If a muslim blows himself up he is still a muslim, if a white christian male robs a bank he is still a white christian male and if a black methodist speeds, he is still a black methodist. How would you have us label people when describing them?

This is a real tough one!!

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision.

Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.

THE SITUATION:

You are in London There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding.

This is a flood of biblical proportions.

You are a photo-journalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster.

The situation is nearly hopeless.

You're trying to shoot career-making photos.

There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing into the water.

Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.

THE TEST:

Suddenly, you see a man in the water.

He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris.

You move closer... Somehow, the man looks familiar...

You suddenly realise who it is............................................................

...................It's Cleric Abu Hamza (the hook handed bastard)

You notice that the raging waters are about to take him under forever.

You have two options:

You can save the life of Abu or you can shoot a dramatic Prize winning photo,documenting the death of one of the country's most despised, evil and powerful men!

THE QUESTION:

Here's the question, and please give an honest answer...

Would you select high contrast colour film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

This is a real tough one!!

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision.

Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.

THE SITUATION:

You are in London There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding.

This is a flood of biblical proportions.

You are a photo-journalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster.

The situation is nearly hopeless.

You're trying to shoot career-making photos.

There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing into the water.

Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.

THE TEST:

Suddenly, you see a man in the water.

He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris.

You move closer... Somehow, the man looks familiar...

You suddenly realise who it is............................................................

...................It's Cleric Abu Hamza (the hook handed bastard) You notice that the raging waters are about to take him under forever.

You have two options:

You can save the life of Abu or you can shoot a dramatic Prize winning photo,documenting the death of one of the country's most despised, evil and powerful men!

THE QUESTION:

Here's the question, and please give an honest answer...

Would you select high contrast colour film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

:D Ahhhh Baaaaa haaaaa, thats fantastic. :D:):D:D