City Bus'

Gonzo the Face

I'm not sure. Every time I figured out their routes the powers that be would change them, so I just gave up. It really is too bad that they got rid of the old yellow buses. They were cheap, ran the same routes every day which everyone had memorized and had plenty of customers. What a shame. :)

Actually I have noticed that they have added some bus stops recently to the route (whatever it is - last I looked for the route on the website it was years out of date). I've also noticed that they've added some brand new comfortable looking buses to the fleet.

Other new transport methods in town: They have motorcycle taxis here now. I saw them parked out front of Immigration the other day and on the Hang Dong Road; looking for fares. They also have independent taxis from Bangkok. They are pink - mostly. You need to hail one and then get the driver's card. I don't know what the difference in rates is.

I think they've replaced them with new smaller buses that are more suitable for the streets. We took one from Wororat Market to Nong Hoi the other day and it was comfortable, air conditioned and full, with a sane driver as a bonus. Given that the city will grind to a halt in the not too distant future unless something is done about the traffic, these would be a good solution - one replaces about four songthaws and (for the moment anyway) seemed very clean at the exhaust end of things.