Beach Vendors Railei

grumpyoldman

Whoever the Orborjor or governor or whoever makes the decisions regarding Railei Beaches have to look at the complete disgraceful vendor commercialization going on and stop it.

Now when you walk onto Phra Nang Cave beach on both sides of the path are vendors selling clothes, cooking food, just way out of control.

I guess if you have a barbecue you're in business?

Please whoever makes the decisions, please require paid permits and limit the numbers. All beaches on Railei now are being infested. I actually watched one of the vendors walk into the bushes at Railei west and squat out a food baby. What is this, India?

HELP SAVE RAILEI

"...squat out a food baby?"

I'm pretty sure the Orbortor of Raili is not a regular reader of Thaivisa.

Your farang. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. Your opinion matters less than nothing to them.

But maybe someone that has some say is.

Best somebody says something than nobody saying anything, no? Whether it falls on deaf ears, oh well...........

I totally agree that it isn't all that nice to look at. The same has happened on West beach too.

I heard that they have done it this way so the vendors are not walking up and down the beach plying their goods anymore, keep it in one place and reduce the amount of garbage, apparently. I'm not sure but would assume the hawkers are paying "someone" rent money for that space??

I know the governor will be on Railay launching a sustainable tourism project on 27th February and members of the press will be there too, this would be a good time to bring it up and see where it gets you...

I totally agree that it isn't all that nice to look at. The same has happened on West beach too.

I heard that they have done it this way so the vendors are not walking up and down the beach plying their goods anymore, keep it in one place and reduce the amount of garbage, apparently. I'm not sure but would assume the hawkers are paying "someone" rent money for that space??

I know the governor will be on Railay launching a sustainable tourism project on 27th February and members of the press will be there too, this would be a good time to bring it up and see where it gets you...

dam_n, I'll be in Bangkok, but I will let some people there I know, thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...

VDO on

or item 9 on http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/prev...hp?news_id=1310

Authority handed over buoys for local boaters at Rai Ley beach in support of eco- tourism

Deputy permanent Secretary of Interior Mr. Phranai Suwannarat handed over the boat mooring buoys to Krabi governor Prasit Osatanond to pass on to boat operators off Phranang bay and other designated zones. Niyom Piewdee, a local community leader said the move follow cooperative efforts among related offices, local government and boaters to tidy up and maintain the pleasant scene of the tourist bay which hopefully lead to sustainable tourism development around Phranang – Rai Lay bay. The buoys would help boaters to moor their boats in the designated zones, leading to tidiness and tourist safety. The Krabi governor took the opportunity to encourage all stakeholders to take good care of environment there.

weekly Andaman News NBT TV (VHF dial) at 8.30am & repeated on satellite C Band (usually net black) frequency 4134 Mhz at symbolate 2530 at 1pm & perhaps repeats on Phuket Cable TV channel 1 at 3.30pm, 7pm, 1.30am & 6.30am, broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces , Friday 12th March 2010 & http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/ & www.YouTube.com/AndamanNews

• 2 weeks later...
VDO on

Authority handed over buoys for local boaters at Rai Ley beach in support of eco- tourism

Deputy permanent Secretary of Interior Mr. Phranai Suwannarat handed over the boat mooring buoys to Krabi governor Prasit Osatanond to pass on to boat operators off Phranang bay and other designated zones. Niyom Piewdee, a local community leader said the move follow cooperative efforts among related offices, local government and boaters to tidy up and maintain the pleasant scene of the tourist bay which hopefully lead to sustainable tourism development around Phranang – Rai Lay bay. The buoys would help boaters to moor their boats in the designated zones, leading to tidiness and tourist safety. The Krabi governor took the opportunity to encourage all stakeholders to take good care of environment there.

weekly Andaman News NBT TV (VHF dial) at 8.30am & repeated on satellite C Band (usually net black) frequency 4134 Mhz at symbolate 2530 at 1pm & perhaps repeats on Phuket Cable TV channel 1 at 3.30pm, 7pm, 1.30am & 6.30am, broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces , Friday 12th March 2010 & http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/ & www.YouTube.com/AndamanNews

and how do buoy moorings relate to the topic of out of control beach vendors ruining the beaches?

• 3 months later...
VDO on

and how do buoy moorings relate to the topic of out of control beach vendors ruining the beaches?

And more importantly, were the buoys every actually secured and are the longtails using them?