O-a And Insurance

Previously the Thai embassy in NZ had told me I needed full medical insurance when applying for O-A retirement visa

After visiting the embassy I am now told insurance is not required.

This makes things easier as I have found it is very difficult and expensive to get medical insurance outside LOS that will give me the cover I want.

There is one requirement that I hevent seen before and that is the need to provide a referance person in Thailand.

I have several email contacts in LOS none of whome I have met and am reluctant to ask any of them to be a reference although I may have to

Any suggestions

Robby

I and most of my friends use an agent in Pattaya. His name is Paul Chow and his company is PCD International. His office phone number is 038 422 825 and his mobile phone number is 01 893 0396. He represents many insurance companies both in Thailand and outside the country. He speaks better English than I do and he can handle any of your insurance needs. :o

Previously the Thai embassy in NZ had told me I needed full medical insurance when applying for O-A retirement visa

After visiting the embassy I am now told insurance is not required.

This makes things easier as I have found it is very difficult and expensive to get medical insurance outside LOS that will give me the cover I want.

There is one requirement that I hevent seen before and that is the need to provide a referance person in Thailand.

I have several email contacts in LOS none of whome I have met and am reluctant to ask any of them to be a reference although I may have to

Any suggestions

Robby

Companies like Royal & Sun Alliance, and BUPA Blue Cross offer

health cover at the expat level or Thai level. Both have web sites.

Costs are not high in Thailand, but you might want to consider re-patriation for a serious condition.

I and most of my friends use an agent in Pattaya. His name is Paul Chow and his company is PCD International. His office phone number is 038 422 825 and his mobile phone number is 01 893 0396. He represents many insurance companies both in Thailand and outside the country. He speaks better English than I do and he can handle any of your insurance needs.  :o

Is he in the BUPA place outside the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital?

...There is one requirement that I hevent seen before and that is the need to provide a referance person in Thailand.

Any suggestions

Robby

I guess you're referring to the "Personal Data" form? Or something like that? An ex-girlfriend helped me get my O-A. She sent me bank letters from my Thai bank to England so that I could present them to the Embassy (although I found out later that the money did not have to be in Thailand at that stage :o ). Anyway, she was happy enough to be my "reference person". She has never mentioned in the years subsequent to that, whether anyone contacted her from Immigration. But I've never asked either.

Yep RD thats what I mean

Don't want tp put anyone in a position of greng jai by asking them for something they may not be keen on

Other than that I have everything sorted as to what I need.

Already have a contact for insurance but will note the name, thanks fellas

Robby