I Know This Is The Wrong Section But I'm Leaving For The Airport In 20min

MrSpike

You'll pay it, and the additional daily fees, when you finally leave the country on your visa run, -or- if you get caught beforehand, you can arrange your extradiction air ticket and fines at the Immigration Detention Center.

On every internal flight ive taken, ive never had anyone look at my visa that i recall, only the photo page. However, im not saying that they wont, im just going by my own recollection.

On an internal flight is it just a quick flash of the passport at immigration?

No immigration at all, just the airline check in. But not sure if they check your entry stamp. Personally I wouldn't risk it.

i would not say it is a risk at all. they are looking for confirmation of identity.

i have frequently used a cancelled passport on internal flights.

A few years back a canceled passport was all i would bring to the islands. I have even forgotten my passport and been let on the plane on the basis of my bupa insurance card.

a canceled passport is also what i used to give as collateral for motorcycle rentals. funny, now that i rent jeeps i give nothing at all.

one day overstay is not an issue especially if you are planning the visa run once you get there.

don't let the faint of heart scare you.

For a relaxed mood I would postpone Samui and fly to Vientiane, Laos instead... get a free touristvisa, eventually stay few days and fly back to BKK and -with the postponed- ticket to Samui, and a proper visa in the pocket. :)

I can't have a relaxed feeling while on overstay !

The only thing I have to ask is how can anyone NOT know when their visa runs out? There are certainly lots of easily acquired options prior to leaving your own country.

To the OP... good luck.

Personally I have to set a timer on my phone to let me know when the date is approaching for 90 day sign in (and before when my visa is running out or needs extending). I think often when you live here and are getting on with day to day life, its easy to put your passport away in a drawer and forget about it. I had to pay a few days overstay at immigration before for completely forgetting. If i didnt have an alarm set up, I find for me its very easy to forget.

The only thing I have to ask is how can anyone NOT know when their visa runs out? There are certainly lots of easily acquired options prior to leaving your own country.

To the OP... good luck.

Personally I have to set a timer on my phone to let me know when the date is approaching for 90 day sign in (and before when my visa is running out or needs extending). I think often when you live here and are getting on with day to day life, its easy to put your passport away in a drawer and forget about it. I had to pay a few days overstay at immigration before for completely forgetting. If i didnt have an alarm set up, I find for me its very easy to forget.

Thankfully my lawyer has done this for me for the past 8 years without charge or asking, which I always think is a very decent service, given the mosh pit that is sometimes Pattaya immigration.

On an internal flight is it just a quick flash of the passport at immigration?

No immigration at all, just the airline check in. But not sure if they check your entry stamp. Personally I wouldn't risk it.

Though never overstayed, I have travelled inside Thailand with simple ID, Drivers License from my home country. They don't care about passports on internal flights.

m

So I made it there and back no issues, literally just looked at my picture. The reason I didn't realise the date is the same as someone else mentioned, I get out my passport roughly every 90days. I've now also seen the light and set an alarm for the future.

No harm done.