Re-entry Permit On A 90 Day Stay O Visa

Here is the plan:

I have a 90 day stay on an O visa which has expired. I have stayed 20 days, so I want to get a re-entry permit for 1000 baht at Immigration. They stamp something in my passport so I can re-enter and use my remaining approx 70 days.

What happens when I leave at BKK airport? What are the correct stamps to look for to avoid problems on re-entry 3 days later?

Edited by syd barrett

Assuming you have the re-entry before you go to the airport.

On exit they will just stamp you out.

On entry put the number of the re-entry permit in the 'visa number' box on your arrival card, they will stamp you in until your original permission to stay.

Remember that you can't get a re-entry at Bangkok airport any more, you must go to your local immigration office.

You cannot get one at the airport anymore, but have to go to immigration in BKK itself. If you leave without a re-entry permit, you permission to stay becomes invalid and you would need to get a new visa or you would get a visa exempt entry of 30 days.

If you have a re-entry permit you just leave, when coming back you fill in the number of your re-entry permit on the arrival card, where they ask for your visa number.

Dont forget to bring apass photo when you apply for the re-entry permit.

The re-entry permit will have the same date as your current permitted to stay until stamp and that is what will be stamped into your passport when you return. Check that as they have to set stamp manually each time.

Thanks, I will check that on re-entry at BKK for sure.

Exit at BKK airport is just the usual, yes? Just get stamped triangle out?