Thai Flts Transfer To Nok-air

songhklasid

It was in the Bangkok Post yesterday that the transfer of various services is still going ahead. Whilst some HiSo's, who couldn't possibly be expected to travel on a budget airline, are lobbying for Thai not to give up the routes the belief is this lobbying will not succeed.

The troubles of Thai Airways will be transferred to Nok Air, politicians and senior government employees demanding their free seats. Much cheaper though, as the best seats on a Nok Air flight will be a lot more cost effective than a business class seat on Thai. All ultimately footed by the taxpayer. (That's an extra 2 baht on your Heineken, don't you know :) )

Yes, I'm pretty sure you are right, and there is one of the root causes of Thai's woes, I think the new guy really wants to manage the airline and not just have it used as a convenience for those you refer to, whether he will be allowed to is another question.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you are right, and there is one of the root causes of Thai's woes, I think the new guy really wants to manage the airline and not just have it used as a convenience for those you refer to, whether he will be allowed to is another question.

Agree with the coments made.

There is also the possibility that K. Korn will demand change, and he has the power and credibility to do so.

He has already several times made it very plain to Thai that he will definitely no longer accept the past business models, practices, and attitudes.

Several months back the senior management presented a new business plan, he criticized it to death (always polite, always the gentlemen, but he says what he thinks), and told them to take it away and do it again.