Cheese And Strawberry Sandwich !

george

• 4 weeks later...

I tried them, they were a bit like a toasted jam sandwich, couldn't really taste the cheese, but they were nice. Went to 7-11 Phetchabun yesterday, no pictures of sandwich on display, asked if they have them, was told "no have". Have they been discontinued?

:)

I thought peanut butter and Bananna sandwiches were a Southern U.S. thing. At least that's where I first came in contact with them.

I grew up in New England..... near the Vermont border with Massachusetts. At that time we had real Maple Syrup being boiled down in the late winter/early spring time. (Only some sugar-houses left for the tourists now, it's too expensive to make a profit on Maple Syrup now due to the cost of energy needed to boil down the sap. The sap is mostly water, and has to be reduced by at least 80% by boiling off the water to get a decent Maple Syrup ). My sister invented the Maple Syrup/ Chedder Cheese sandwich. A good slab of aged Chedder Cheese covered with Maple Syrup on homemade bread. The tartness pf the Chedder is perfect with the sweetness of the Maple Syrup. She used to toast the sandwiches too. Gaurenteed to clog up your heart and arteries.

For some of those farm families...the day started at 4 A.M. You went out in the cold winter morning to the barn to feed the milk cows and start the milking. Then you came in to a breakfast of bacon, eggs, pancakes with Maple syrup, and fresh milk. After breakfast you still had to clean the barn spotless, so you worked very hard...and you burned off those calories.

Not that any of that has to do with Thailand, however

:D

I thought peanut butter and Bananna sandwiches were a Southern U.S. thing. At least that's where I first came in contact with them.

I grew up in New England..... near the Vermont border with Massachusetts. At that time we had real Maple Syrup being boiled down in the late winter/early spring time. (Only some sugar-houses left for the tourists now, it's too expensive to make a profit on Maple Syrup now due to the cost of energy needed to boil down the sap. The sap is mostly water, and has to be reduced by at least 80% by boiling off the water to get a decent Maple Syrup ). My sister invented the Maple Syrup/ Chedder Cheese sandwich. A good slab of aged Chedder Cheese covered with Maple Syrup on homemade bread. The tartness pf the Chedder is perfect with the sweetness of the Maple Syrup. She used to toast the sandwiches too. Gaurenteed to clog up your heart and arteries.

For some of those farm families...the day started at 4 A.M. You went out in the cold winter morning to the barn to feed the milk cows and start the milking. Then you came in to a breakfast of bacon, eggs, pancakes with Maple syrup, and fresh milk. After breakfast you still had to clean the barn spotless, so you worked very hard...and you burned off those calories.

Not that any of that has to do with Thailand, however

Nothing at all to do with Thailand, but still nice sometimes to get a wee peek into how other folks have lived their lives. :D

You think they had it hard mate? My mum used to vomit in a bowl so us kids could have a warm meal. On my birthday she used to drink a can of Pepsi first before she threw up as a special sweet treat. :)

You think they had it hard mate? My mum used to vomit in a bowl so us kids could have a warm meal. On my birthday she used to drink a can of Pepsi first before she threw up as a special sweet treat. :D

we used to wheel granpa around the christmas tree and let him sneeze coz we didnt have twinkly decorations :D

Ohhh Dear :)

I used to eat in the UK ' Strawberry Jam and Cheese Sandwiches' many moons ago, not toasted, as we did not have a toaster :D

Looks like the Brits are now taking over the world after there first very famous one with 'Fish and Chips'. Shame the French Fries took the plaice of the real 'Chips'.

Sawadee :D

Yeah you are right,the English have to teach the world about good food.

Once overheard a conversation in a local bar.

Q;You know where in the world you can eat the best Italian food?

A.:In New York

Q.:You know where in the world you can eat the best English food?

A.: There is no such thing.

This is totally unPC, but it is really funny. :D

Also very unPC but always brings a smile to my face, probably because Americans are left out.....

Heaven in Europe is where the British are the policemen, the French are the cooks, the Italians are the lovers, the Swiss are the bankers and the Germans are the mechanics.

Hel_l in Europe is where the British are the cooks, the French are the mechanics, the Italians are the bankers, the Swiss are the lovers and the Germans are the policemen.

By the way, follow up to my last post on this thread ("I'll try it...."). My report is that it's like eating a peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich on toast, without the peanut butter. Couldn't taste the cheese one whit. Not so pleasant, but not revolting either.

Edited by toptuan

Hey, dont knock stuff till you try it! People have eaten cheese with apples and grapes for years. Cheese with strawberries might be a yummy combination. Ok, in a sandwich thats a bit ..erm..new...but might taste great!

Pears and Parmigiano

Figs and Prosciutto

Cantaloupe and Prosciutto

Cheese and Grapes

deep fried Camembert with Cranberry Compote

Durian is already a natural combination of both, fruit and cheese!

Philadephia or Cottage Cheese is a Cheese Variety, but very different from say Stilton or Bresse Blue or German Limburger..

It's the combination - why not!

we used to wheel granpa around the christmas tree and let him sneeze coz we didnt have twinkly decorations

Bah! That's nothing donnyboy. My dad gave me an empty shoebox for Christmas and told me it was an Action Man deserter.

Talk about lunch bag letdown!

Went to try this thing the other day and was shocked.

In a photo on the entrance door at 7-11 was a tasty looking Belgian waffle type thing overflowing with strawberries and cheese.

When I asked the staff to get me one of these, they gave me a package that had 2 crustless pieces of white bread with something inside….I asked them if this was the same as the item in the picture and held them side by side…..their response was “same same”

Same same but different indeed…

Hey, dont knock stuff till you try it! People have eaten cheese with apples and grapes for years. Cheese with strawberries might be a yummy combination. Ok, in a sandwich thats a bit ..erm..new...but might taste great!

Have seen the combination on many a cheese platter over the years, but never that seedy crap cheese they use on those things....me thinks YUK!