Airship Acquired To Boost Security Measures In The Deep South

webfact

I can see the muslim fundamentilist revised shopping list now;

1 x job lot helium balloons, 1 x pack razor blades, 1 x pack of large pins, 1 x roll of sellotape... :)

Seriously, these airships cannot fly in high winds and are grounded in weather other types of aircraft can easily cope with.

I can see a windy day being added to morning prayers as soon as this blimp becomes operational...???

What use is a survelience platform that will be grounded by the weather???

Even Richard Branston wouldn't go up in this one... :D

Come on that is a wonderful technology! Our Kaiser was very proud of them. Just a little bit outdated.

Maybe next Thai Airways buy the Hindenburg?

The actual story in the print version of the 'Nation' paper, (hardly a newspaper !!) was saying it will be equipped with infer red and other gizmo's that will help it work at night and and through cloud. Not sure if America has released that gear though.

I have no idea how effective it will be, but it is reported to be a night work horse too. May be there is some method in the madness, I wouldn't like it to lock onto me if I was running and hiding if the cameras are s good as people say.

I have often wondered why they have not cleared a 500m wide and fenced and patrol the border? Would be a good Gov work project I would think.

Just curious, is the border very mountainous down there?

anyway, mai pen rai ........ Up to the Thais of course, I am sure they have put alot more thought into it than me.

I think it is a great idea if properly equipped. It flies high enough to be out of range as far as gunfire and as mentioned, missiles are not really a problem, not that the insurgents have any anyways.

The eye in the sky could help catch the lunatic ambushers as well as the bombers. In my opinion it is a much better idea than aircraft carriers and submarines.