Beware Internet Cafes

thaieagle67

I rarely use internet cafes (other than wifi hotspots) these days, but I carry a copy of Spybot and a few other things. on one of my flash cards, which I occasionally use to 'clean up' PCs before I use them.

If nothing else, it is quite amusing to see how much crap can accumlulate on a public machine.

The guy installing keyloggers in Pattaya and stealing funds from peoples' accounts is a gentleman by the name of Robert Matache, he got me for close on $20k :-( This may however be a false name used for the bank account only as thai immigration claimed there was no-one in the country at the time by that name.

It's quite scary how many people in this forum report having been ripped off in online transactions. And more than a few farangs doing the ripping, too.

Edited by Crushdepth

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never access any financial stuff at internet cafes. ..only email.

a long time ago, I played around with a variety of keyloggers to see just how effective they are in obtaining your passwords.

if you knew what I know now, you would never access your financial records in a cyber cafe.

they even have keyloggers that you can install which hide the fact that you installed them. no reference to the installation in your control panel.