Prison Sentences For Crimes

WilliamCave

The reason I am asking this found out the other day a thai guy got 50 years in jail for sleeping with a minor..Wow, something more to it than that I think, because have heard only of sentences like this for murder or drugs something very very severe.

Like western cultures there are maximum sentences for crimes , and is it up to the judge here to impose what ever he feels like?

any comments

They usually halve the sentence if there is a confession.

They are stricter with those with prior offenses.

I know of someone who confessed (a drug thing), and got more time because he was a policeman.

I guess that a week inside for an ex-cop would make him suicidal. So be it.

I know of someone who confessed (a drug thing), and got more time because he was a policeman.

I wonder why you feel this way :)

50 ys is just outrageous. except if the minor was a boy. but otherwise... wow... is this place becoming something liek arizona???

How much do you consider is acceptable if the minor is a girl????? Are girls less entitled to justice???? Scary!!!

My Thai brother in law got 29 yrs for theft... He didn't steal anything but left and started his own business, the former owner told him she would have his ass...as now he was the competition.

29 years.... He's on year 2 right now.

And I'm from Arizona, it woulda never been this harsh.

I wonder why you feel this way :)

You think too much - or not at all.

50 ys is just outrageous. except if the minor was a boy. but otherwise... wow... is this place becoming something liek arizona???

How much do you consider is acceptable if the minor is a girl????? Are girls less entitled to justice???? Scary!!!

if you do it with a boy that completetly goes against the laws of nature. that's it.

And I'm from Arizona, it woulda never been this harsh.

you sure?

minimum of 5.25 years not harsh? let's say boy is 18 and girl is just under 15

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocumen...amp;DocType=ARS

what you get for the POSSESSION of 20 nasty pictures in AZ: (200 years)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6399471.stm

and here is what I think about it:

http://www.lawsocietyblog.com/archives/207

and of course the not-at-all-bigot-brainwashed-christian residents of AZ want more:

http://www.petitiononline.com/AZkids/petition.html

one guy who signed it says: "I disagree with all the above and that it should be a death sentence for all of it. But since I know that chances are that'll never happen I agree with the entireity of this petition. Please pass this law it should have been done long before now."

So just to make it clear: he would give death to an 18yo having consentual sex with his 14 girlfriend. ok...

Yep, I'm sure... for THEFT.

He didn't steal anything. He left with the intent of starting his own business. His former employer knowing that he would be in competition with her informed him that she would file "theft" charges against him, saying that he stole formulas and business practices. It was all BS..

Turned out she had more money than him. The court case lasted 2 years and she had paid off the judge and even his attorney...

29 years.

His only hope now is a Kings pardon, which he is working on.

My view is who ever has the most baht in this system of justice, wins and in my BIL's case, it was true.