New Case Of Foetus Death Emerged

webfact

Foetus death blamed

By The Nation

Published on February 6, 2010

CHUMPON: -- A fresh case of foetus death related to the government's national vaccination programme for typeA (H1N1) influenza emerged this week in Chumphon's Lang Suan district.

The mother lodged a criminal complaint with police.

The Public Health Ministry's Epidemiology Bureau is investigating, and results will be known next week, said Dr Praphas Jittrasirinuwat, chief of the provincial publichealth office.

Sathit Sirisomboon, father of the sixmonthold foetus, said he and his wife, Wannee, who herself narrowly escaped death from the trauma, were devastated.

The 7.5kilogram foetus was reportedly healthy and showed no signs of disease or birth defects that would have caused a miscarriage.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-06

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Is this vaccine specific to Thailand or is one of the internationally used vaccines ?

Good question. It may be the locally manufactured version. However, I believe the news source would like you to speculate. Apparently, providing such information is not deemed relevant.

I really dislike these types of news reports: High on volatile aspects and very short on facts. Some of the questions that should be asked by the investigators are;

- Is this batch/lot no. implicated in other ADRs (injuries)?

- Who administered the vaccine and where was it done?

- What is the medical history of the patient; did she have an underlying medical condition, is there a history of miscarriage in the family, was she on any medication?

- Is the patient a smoker or engaged in an occupation not conducive to to the well being of a developing child?

Until all these questions are addressed, nothing can be said. Unfortunately, this is how rumors star and are spread.

Don't look for anyone providing a clear and open answer anytime soon.

Was it a foetus or a baby??? The report states

The 7.5kilogram foetus was reportedly healthy and showed no signs of disease or birth defects that would have caused a miscarriage.

That's HUGE...or just plain wrong.

That's what I thought! That's around 16lbs? Can't be right - must be a misprint surely?

There are many reports from around the world of the H1N1 vaccine causing serious health concerns

Would you please be more specific, because the information that has been made available from the various health agencies in the EU, USA, Canada and Australia all indicate otherwise.

I have written this before and I will write it again to impress upon you that your statement is inappropriate and unfounded;

The (A) H1N1 in the regions I referenced have been made the same way for the past few decades. All that is different is the strain. If people were going to have died from flu vaccines or grown horns out of their heads, we would have seen it over the past 50 years.

If folks do not want to take the locally manufactured vaccine based upon the lack of information provided by the Thai health agencies, I respect that decision. However, the Australian and French manufactured vaccines available in Thailand are safe.

I know that it is totally illogical considering the statistical chance of an adverse reaction happening, but my twins aren't getting H1N1 and seasonal or the MMR until they are at least 2 years old and/or talking. Me and the Mrs. are both healthcare professionals (Me: Registered Nurse Wifey: MD) and know all about the Lancet retracting the article on connections between vaccinations and autism, but frankly we aren't willing to chance it with our 13 month old twins. Call us paranoid but not my babies, and if the vaccine was available when she was pregnant she would have NEVER gotten it.

A miscarriage is a tragedy for any family.

But miscarriages do happen very frequently and many can not be explained, having the vaccine could just be coincidence.

This is where obtaining and keeping good statistics could indicate that there is an raised incidents of miscarriages or birth defects, then the government could act accordingly.

I know that it is totally illogical considering the statistical chance of an adverse reaction happening, but my twins aren't getting H1N1 and seasonal or the MMR until they are at least 2 years old and/or talking. Me and the Mrs. are both healthcare professionals (Me: Registered Nurse Wifey: MD) and know all about the Lancet retracting the article on connections between vaccinations and autism, but frankly we aren't willing to chance it with our 13 month old twins. Call us paranoid but not my babies, and if the vaccine was available when she was pregnant she would have NEVER gotten it.

Maybe you're not that paranoid :) :

http://fourteenstudies.org/pdf/primates_hep_b.pdf

Delayed acquisition of neonatal reflexes in newborn primates receiving a thimerosal-containing Hepatitis B vaccine: Influence of gestational age and birth weight

A B S T R A C T

This study examined whether acquisition of neonatal reflexes and sensori motor skills in newborn rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta) is influenced by receipt of the single neonatal dose of Hepatitis B (HB) vaccine containing the preservative thimerosal (Th). HB vaccine containing a standardized weight adjusted Th dose was administered to male macaques within 24 h of birth (n = 13). Unexposed animals received saline placebo (n = 4) or no injection (n = 3). Infants were raised identically and tested daily for acquisition of 9 survival, motor, and sensori motor reflexes by a blinded observer. In exposed animals there was a significant delay in the acquisition of three survival reflexes: root, snout and suck, compared with unexposed animals. No neonatal responses were significantly delayed in unexposed animals compared with exposed. Gestational age (GA) and birth weight were not significantly correlated. Cox regression models were used to evaluate the main effects and interactions of exposure with birth weight and GA as independent predictors and time-invariant covariates. Significant main effects remained for exposure on root and suck when controlling for GA and birth weight such that exposed animals were relatively delayed in time-to-criterion. There was a significant effect of GA on visual follow far when controlling for exposure such that increasing GA was associated with shorter time-to-criterion. Interaction models indicated that while there were no main effects of GA or birth weight on root, suck or snout reflexes there were various interactions between exposure, GA, and birth weight such that

inclusion of the relevant interaction terms significantly improved model fit. This, in turn, indicated important influences of birth weight and/or GA on the effect of exposure which, in general, operated in a way that lower birth weight and/or lower GA exacerbated the detrimental effect of vaccine exposure. This primate model provides a possible means of assessing adverse neurodevelopmental outcomes from neonatal Th-containing HB vaccine exposure, particularly in infants of lower GA or low birth weight. The mechanism of these effects and the requirements for Th is not known and requires further study.

2009 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

There are many reports from around the world of the H1N1 vaccine causing serious health concerns

Would you please be more specific, because the information that has been made available from the various health agencies in the EU, USA, Canada and Australia all indicate otherwise.

I have written this before and I will write it again to impress upon you that your statement is inappropriate and unfounded;

The (A) H1N1 in the regions I referenced have been made the same way for the past few decades. All that is different is the strain. If people were going to have died from flu vaccines or grown horns out of their heads, we would have seen it over the past 50 years.

If folks do not want to take the locally manufactured vaccine based upon the lack of information provided by the Thai health agencies, I respect that decision. However, the Australian and French manufactured vaccines available in Thailand are safe.

Well, who knows how many cases of flue there have been since spring last year? And of WHICH flue, tested etc...

All I know is that if you wanted any details last year it was almost impossible to get and I KNOW I had 2 daughters sick with an unamed flue (As nobody took tests to see what it was...) and I myself had the flue (what ever it was and I was bloody ill from it...)

Lets say too me it sounds like the thais screwed up and as consequence likely save some thai lives...

Unintended likelyly but from what I saw last year made it kind of predictable that when Thailands vacine was ready, nobody was going to need it.... Who wants it a YEAR after the damned flue started???? Ok lets say not a year, but close....

Even though the vaccine was produced to be administered to animals, not humans?