Extending Life Of Mobile Number

looby

HI everyone

Sure someone can help me please?

Last time in Thailand I was able to extend my Happy (DTAC) mobile number for 1 year by buying extra time. Does anyone please have the codes for this again please as I have left the info in the UK!!

Many thanks

Thank you for that. I know sim cards are cheap, but I wish to keep the number makes life easier.

Extend DTAC SIM validity period

Dial *1013

2 Baht = 30 days

6 Baht = 90 days

12 Baht = 180 days

To get a year you will have to do it a couple of times.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my 12-call sim in April 2009, didn't get the year thing done, can't remember exactly when it said it was valid until when I left in May, It still worked in September and when I topped it up it said 'valid until xx/11/09' so I was thinking I'd need a new one in January but it still worked.

Going off my UK pay as you go sim, I believe that the date is referring to the top up credit rather than the actual sim card itself.

I got my 12-call sim in April 2009, didn't get the year thing done, can't remember exactly when it said it was valid until when I left in May, It still worked in September and when I topped it up it said 'valid until xx/11/09' so I was thinking I'd need a new one in January but it still worked.

Going off my UK pay as you go sim, I believe that the date is referring to the top up credit rather than the actual sim card itself.

With AIS, there's a grace period after the credit expiration where you can revive the sim. It tends to get longer the more credit you've put though it. I think my last, hardly used sim was live for 45 days or 60 days after the credit expired.

With AIS, there's a grace period after the credit expiration where you can revive the sim. It tends to get longer the more credit you've put though it. I think my last, hardly used sim was live for 45 days or 60 days after the credit expired.

Ah ok, thanks I didn't know that. It did get quite a lot put through it in September, I did 'fire it up' in the UK in December and it roamed on to a network and I could still check my balance (2 Baht!) maybe that helped extend it as well?

You can get a AIS SIM card called Nan Nan. The package has a pink cover with a yellow flower and they are good for one year on each top up of any amount. The only trick is you need to make a call once every 3 months.

You can always add validity by entering a top up code when roaming in any GSM country. And you can buy top up with Paypal at ThaiPrepaidCard.com.