Toyota's Vigo/fortuner Affected By Recall Campain?

rebo

No idea, but not suprised, guess tech problems are not a real issue for the dealers... I remember a story about a Honda Suv (forgot the name) car few years ago.

The only thing I know is Vigo's have such poor techical standards that they are not allowed to be imported in Europe.

Edited by ManilaLover

I have been curious about the Fortuner as well. I have been on the lookout for the same vehicle under the name of Forunner in the states. No where can I find Toyota saying no cars are in this category but only those identified as now. Fortuner is not one of them in the US.

Fortuner is however experiencing brake problems at low speeds which have started to be complaints from consumers across the US. I have noticed the ABS lack of detection from day one on mine. The other brake issue is a 1 sec lag out of so many brake attempts? But I think this is also at low speeds. I am seeing most of this on the various news channels of the US so I am sure you can find it on the internet as well.

No idea, but not suprised, guess tech problems are not a real issue for the dealers... I remember a story about a Honda Suv (forgot the name) car few years ago.

The only thing I know is Vigo's have such poor techical standards that they are not allowed to be imported in Europe.

Please quote your source. I have seen some in UK recently

Nonsense! There are many in the UK.

Toyota are one of the most reliable, well made cars in the world.Comments like yours do nothing but increase the concern!

This whole thing stinks of a way of keeping the American car market alive.

There have been 52 complaints out of 1.8 million cars sold. That puts the SCARE into prospective. The company that supplied the gas pedal in question also supplies the SAME pedal to Honda, Ford, GM and Chrysler who also have had complaints against Sudden Unexpected Acceleration as well but have had nothing done about it Make your own mind up about it!. Article here

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=123686

Edited by H2oDunc

ManilaLover, since you are not going to come back with your answer to requests for proof, can we take it that you are talking out your arse? And should we also treat your posts on other threads as bulldust?

I have been curious about the Fortuner as well. I have been on the lookout for the same vehicle under the name of Forunner in the states. No where can I find Toyota saying no cars are in this category but only those identified as now. Fortuner is not one of them in the US.

Fortuner is however experiencing brake problems at low speeds which have started to be complaints from consumers across the US. I have noticed the ABS lack of detection from day one on mine. The other brake issue is a 1 sec lag out of so many brake attempts? But I think this is also at low speeds. I am seeing most of this on the various news channels of the US so I am sure you can find it on the internet as well.

[/quot

Obviously not a recall issue as they are not designed for low speed.

I just hope that Toyota has found the problem. Many reports describe sudden unexpected acceleration. I don't see where a defective gas peddle could cause that. A sticking accelerator would not cause sudden acceleration. This may not be over yet.

I have owned/rented several Vigo's and the odd Fortuner over the past 5 years and probably driven over 200,000 miles all over the country, in all sorts of weather and road conditions. Never, ever had an issue. Only thing is I much prefer the high-speed handling of the Vigo over the Fortuner.

The sky is NOT falling!