Any Place To Listen To Thai Sentimental Songs, Live ?

healthcaretaker

I am sure there are places that perform with live band but I am not into such noisy songs.

I like to watch people sing sentimental songs or some oldies, any such place ?

I know there is some performances at the Kad Suan Keaw food court at the lower floor, how is it there ? Anyone been ?

I have seen in Bangkok at night where one or 2 guys will rotate to sing with a guitar in a simple eating place, is there any such place in Chiang Mai ?

Assuming you meant Thai songs, Khun Suntaree's restaurant (Huan Suntaree) a little bit away from the city on the river) offers good food, nice ambience, and nightly performance (around 9) by a genuine star. The music begins around seven or seven-thirty and is all of the one or two guitar with singers of traditional songs. I can't offer directions but taxis and tuk tuk's will know it. Many other restaurants offer similar formats, albeit without the name recognition.

You might want to try "The White House" on Chiang Mai-Lamphun Rd, located along the Ping River next to Tara Bar. About halfway between the Holiday Inn and the original Dukes Restaurant/Iron Bridge.

I believe sentimental Thai songs are their specialty and they have a live band, at least on weekends. The food's not bad either. It's not exactly near the town center but not too far either.

Assuming you meant Thai songs, Khun Suntaree's restaurant (Huan Suntaree) a little bit away from the city on the river) offers good food, nice ambience, and nightly performance (around 9) by a genuine star. The music begins around seven or seven-thirty and is all of the one or two guitar with singers of traditional songs. I can't offer directions but taxis and tuk tuk's will know it. Many other restaurants offer similar formats, albeit without the name recognition.

That's a good one. I like it when her daughter performs. I think her name is Lanna Cummins or Cummings.

There's a bar right on the northeast corner of the Old City (outside the moat) that had a small band playing Thai love songs last time I was there. Don't remember what it's called or whether that's a regular thing.

This will be very near to the Chinatown and a Vietnamese buffet restaurant, right ?

Can anybody tell me exactly where this is ?

There's a bar right on the northeast corner of the Old City (outside the moat) that had a small band playing Thai love songs last time I was there. Don't remember what it's called or whether that's a regular thing.

This will be very near to the Chinatown and a Vietnamese buffet restaurant, right ?

It's actually right outside the corner of the square, where the road is bending. Here's a link to a map.

It's actually right outside the corner of the square, where the road is bending. Here's a link to a map.

Went to this place last night at 8.30 pm, I am told singing start at 9 pm but it did not until 9.45pm. I left after 4 songs as those are not what I am looking for. Business is good, nearly fully occupied even before the singing start. Drinks are cheap.

Someone advise me to go to another place name "ren bo lan". Anyone know where or what place is this is it ?

Can anybody tell me exactly where this is ?

I didn't realize they have a web site but the home page is here (In Thai) with a map in : http://www.saochiangmai.com/index.php

(It appears they're closed for a private wedding party on the 27th.) I prefer the more traditional songs of Suntaree, but have been there a few times when Lanna has made surprise appearances. It's my favorite place to take visiting non-Thai guests and typically one that Thai guests already have on their lists.

Edited by dvdcm