If You Hadnt Come To Thailand!

tigerfish

I'd still be struggling into the City on the packed Central Line from Holland Park, tolerating banal sales meetings while some self-important gimp with a mickey mouse degree drones on about "spearheading the drive to develop the interests of the company in the months going forward" :D , doing a fiver (or more) on a sarnie at Pret a Manger and spending weekends at overpriced Notting Hill bars talking to overweight, farang birds with corned beef legs whose every endeavour in life is geared towards getting a kid into the school at the top of the Times' Best Education Guide and impressing their friends with the latest soft furnishings from Ikea.

'Kin 'ell . . . just remembered why I'm so lucky to be here. I'm off out on the lash :)

Oh my God, it's all coming back to me :D

The horror, the horror ! :D

I'd still be struggling into the City on the packed Central Line from Holland Park, tolerating banal sales meetings while some self-important gimp with a mickey mouse degree drones on about "spearheading the drive to develop the interests of the company in the months going forward" :D , doing a fiver (or more) on a sarnie at Pret a Manger and spending weekends at overpriced Notting Hill bars talking to overweight, farang birds with corned beef legs whose every endeavour in life is geared towards getting a kid into the school at the top of the Times' Best Education Guide and impressing their friends with the latest soft furnishings from Ikea.

'Kin 'ell . . . just remembered why I'm so lucky to be here. I'm off out on the lash :)

Oh my God, it's all coming back to me :D

The horror, the horror ! :D

ah yes ikea! the place that holds the holy grail to marrital bliss within the home, to most brainwashed women in the u.k.

the place were i had nightmares about when ever they brought a new range of furniture in every season. knowing that i and another few odd thousand sorry buggers would have to make the pilgramage along the north circular at some god forsaken hour on a sunday morning. just to stand in line and freeze my nuts off for a couple of hours, until the doors opened. and then be greeted with that sickly smell of uncooked swedish meatballs.

I would be in Haiti, Afghanistan or some shithole in Africa, making a bundle while having a whole lot of fun. But becosue I went to Thailand, and came out of there with a familly I am now stuck in a 8-16 job in my home country, doing something meaningless for a pittance becouse I can't bring myself to leave the wife and kids to be off on som adventure. All so I can get back to Thailand and live in a hut in Isaan :-)

If I had not come to Thailand, the accident would not have happened.

I'd still have a good business, a decent ute, a nice income enough for a reasonasbly centrally located rented house, an sufferring relationship with a beautiful young woman of that sought-after English Rose sort of genre, and a future.

I was invited to Thailand in 2004 by an Thai ex-student I trusted, otherwise I would have taken my time, sold the ute and the house and emigrated to Peru, but hey, here I bloody=we;; am now. Still frigging here again.

If I had not come to Thailand, the accident would not have happened.

1. I'd be stuck in the US jobless and maybe homeless to

2. Never would have been able to explore the world

3. Never would have learned another language

4. Would not have learned how to drive on the other side of the road

5. Might be dead

6. would have never known how tasty thai food can be

7. Never would have experienced watching a movie in a giant recliner here

If I hadn't come to Thailand I would have still been living at the foot of New Zealand...(the arsehol_e of the world as Mick Jagger descibed it). Best seafood (Bluff Oysters, Fiordland Crays, Southern Blue Cod) in the world washed clean by the Southern Ocean, paradise if you are a hunter and fisherman, vegetables and fruit with some of the purest taste in the world, and Central Otago wineries 90 minutes up the road at Queenstown after ski-ing. Mick must have struck it on a day when it is blowing and raining in tandem directly of the Antartic. :D

Now moved to a warmer part of New Zealand for the Thai's that have arrived in our house, as we build secure bases for everyone in both countries, with the hope of being living back in Thailand in about five years with both of us working until then.

What I miss most? Thailand. Even with all the mess, hassle, dirty old dirt, traffic jammed highways, tea money etc. etc. etc. the kaos just makes it all even more enjoyable.

I always thought Mick Jagger was the arse_hole of the world. :D:D

Got no idea what I'd be doing if I hadn't come to Thailand, options in the UK were limited when I first came here, and would probably be more limited now, with the recession. People who complain about Thai politicians should try living under the regime of the thieves and rogues that have run the UK into the ground. :)

Just glad I came here, love everyday, but I miss ginger biscuits, Youngs fishermans pies, golden syrup, lemon curd ...and I'm going to stop now, feeling hungry. :D

If I hadn't come to Thailand I would have still been living at the foot of New Zealand...(the arsehol_e of the world as Mick Jagger descibed it). Best seafood (Bluff Oysters, Fiordland Crays, Southern Blue Cod) in the world washed clean by the Southern Ocean, paradise if you are a hunter and fisherman, vegetables and fruit with some of the purest taste in the world, and Central Otago wineries 90 minutes up the road at Queenstown after ski-ing. Mick must have struck it on a day when it is blowing and raining in tandem directly of the Antartic. :D

Now moved to a warmer part of New Zealand for the Thai's that have arrived in our house, as we build secure bases for everyone in both countries, with the hope of being living back in Thailand in about five years with both of us working until then.

What I miss most? Thailand. Even with all the mess, hassle, dirty old dirt, traffic jammed highways, tea money etc. etc. etc. the kaos just makes it all even more enjoyable.

I always thought Mick Jagger was the arse_hole of the world. :D:D

Got no idea what I'd be doing if I hadn't come to Thailand, options in the UK were limited when I first came here, and would probably be more limited now, with the recession. People who complain about Thai politicians should try living under the regime of the thieves and rogues that have run the UK into the ground. :)

Just glad I came here, love everyday, but I miss ginger biscuits, Youngs fishermans pies, golden syrup, lemon curd ...and I'm going to stop now, feeling hungry. :D

weegb, dont know were you are in thailand, but tops supermarkets for some reason seem to have something going with waitrose back in the u.k. i know in england they are not the cheapest supermarket chain, and tops isnt for sure. but, ive seen numerous amounts of items that have tempted my taste buds on the selves, imported in from the u.k.

just thought you might want to keep it in mind.