Vehicle Registration Certificate For Bikes

THAIFRENCHY

Hello to all bikers !

I want to make a trip to Cambodia and Laos next month.

I have a duly registered bike (ER6N) in my name.

I heard that a VEHICLE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE is needed.

Is there somebody who has got one and can tell me how to obtain it ?

Thank you in advance !

claude

He LivinLOS,

It's not a book, it's just a document. I always recommend the same document to people who buy a second-hand/used motorcycle. It is basically the only real check that the greenbook is real and the bike is in your name with all the numbers (frame and engine), model, make and color...

So if your greenbook says you ride a Honda CB400 and your certificate tells you have a registered Honda Wave you better not get close to any border... :):D

Edited by Richard-BKK

I mean one of these ??

I heard they stopped giving them out a couple of years ago ??

Correct LivinLOS- you get the book for a car, but for a bike they only issue a sheet of paper. Seems the main purpose of the documents is to translate the Thai characters on the license plate to Roman characters. If I remember correctly it only costs 50 Baht for bikes while for cars it's something like 150 Baht :) Ride On! Tony

I went to the Chonburi Provincial Land Transport this morning and got my VEHICLE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE in about one hour and payes 25 bahts only.

At first, the lady at the counter told me that it was not possible for motorcycle, but only for cars.

I insisted and then she telephoned, looked in a big book and finally gave me a form to fill up.

I seems that this document has not been issued very often... And they told me that they cannot do that in the Banglamung.

I attached a copy of the documents for all people interested.

Bye !

Claude

post-91243-1265868391_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
quick question. Can I get this document at any Land Transport Office or to I have to go back to the provience that I bought my motorcycle?

You will only get it at the province where your bike is registered. And you'd better show a copy of the document because many provinces do not know what it is...

Now, I am in Savannakhet after crossing the Friendship bridge II on monday morning : 10 minutes to clear immigration and customs in Thailand (Mukdahan) and 30 minutes to get through into Laos. No problem at all, 250 bahts temporary import tax and 170 bahts insurance for 2 weeks in Laos (Kawasaki ER6-n)

I will tell you later about the Lao-Cambodian border in Veung Kham...

post-91243-1267569475_thumb.jpg

quick question. Can I get this document at any Land Transport Office or to I have to go back to the provience that I bought my motorcycle?

There are two options.

1. The province where the bike is registered.

2. Any border province.

And this is from personal experience.

Now, I am in Savannakhet after crossing the Friendship bridge II on monday morning : 10 minutes to clear immigration and customs in Thailand (Mukdahan) and 30 minutes to get through into Laos. No problem at all, 250 bahts temporary import tax and 170 bahts insurance for 2 weeks in Laos (Kawasaki ER6-n)

I will tell you later about the Lao-Cambodian border in Veung Kham...

Shit, wish I had known it was that easy to get into Laos, would have headed there last year. Read too much of problems of the crossing into Nong Kai which put me off even trying to cross at Mukdahan.

Have a great trip!