Dailyimage

The Vulcan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The locals are filling in my pond. For the past 5 years I've lived in a Thai hotel about 2 km south of the Chiang Mai Gate. I always reserve the same corner room that over-looks a small pond that was once connected to the Klong. Last year they filled in the connection and now they are slowly filling in the pond with whatever refuse they can find in the city for free. It's kind of sad really, because it's always been a source of photos for me. The sun rises over the hotels in the distance and there's always something happening. I've seen cobras in the klong under my window and a big python swimming across the pond. There are always egrets and other water birds. Once I saw a deer come down for a drink. The locals fish the pond and the klong for tiny fish with nets and fishing rods. I'll be sad when they finally fill in the whole pond, and another bit of nature in the city will be lost.

This morning I did a composite panorama of about 12 separate photos.

Thai_pond_pano_Em.jpg

The pond almost dries up completely by late March, but as soon as the rainy season comes it fills up again.

Mud_bath_1.jpg

Apt_view_4.jpg