Dailyimage

The Vulcan

IME stores tend to frown on in shop photos.

Interesting that you did not have a problem.

The EXIF data does not show which camera you used.

Was it the large 7D?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great images, The Vulcan........

Here's one of my first HDR images. Shot yesterday.

Nikon D90, 105mm, ISO 200, F5.6, EV 0/+2/-2

IMG_1080_r.jpg

Needs more dodging and burning on the center chillies and leaves to give more depth.

Here's a pic taken with a Nokia 3.2 mp:whistling:

IMG_1121.JPG

That's an unusual photo for Thailand... the child is actually wearing a helmet. It must be in Bangkok where the police DO enforce the helmet law. I can't ever remember seeing a child wearing a helmet in Chiang Mai or any of the rural towns in Thailand.

It was taken in Pattaya, and there seems to be a mixture of some children wearing crash helmets and some not. But I don't suppose this is the place to tackle that issue. I just thought the picture captured the faces quite well. This one was taken on the beach, I was sitting in the row of deckchairs behind the woman having her nails painted, and was amazed how it came out.

IMG_1178.JPG

It was taken in Pattaya, and there seems to be a mixture of some children wearing crash helmets and some not. But I don't suppose this is the place to tackle that issue. I just thought the picture captured the faces quite well. This one was taken on the beach, I was sitting in the row of deckchairs behind the woman having her nails painted, and was amazed how it came out.

Yes, the police in Pattaya are similar to the ones in Bangkok... they pay attention to people not wearing helmets. That doesn't happen much in the rest of Thailand. And, wearing helmets DOES save lives... and brain damage.

I like the photo of the women doing the nails. The angles are correct and the background doesn't distract the eye. Sometimes a snapshot turns into a jewel of a photo. That is one advantage when using high end SLR cameras with good telephoto lenses. You can blow up the photo later and crop out what isn't necessary. And, you can take the picture without being intrusive.

Yes, the police in Pattaya are similar to the ones in Bangkok... they pay attention to people not wearing helmets. That doesn't happen much in the rest of Thailand. And, wearing helmets DOES save lives... and brain damage.

Thanks very interesting.

Came back from Europe today and the little one was tired right from the start.

One thing you may have noticed is that quite a few Thai people can sit in a lotus position pretty easily. And even easier for children.

Must be in the genes of Thai people.

And western genes can't change that :D

4852513979_48e7d7434e_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...