Layover In Bkk

cdnvic

I'm landing at BKK after midnight, and departing at 8am. Too much hassle to go to a hotel for that short amount of time, but what is there to do at Don Muang in the wee hours? I assume the bar closes at 1, so is there anything to do to kill time?

cv

Not sure if the airport bar actually closes 1pm. If it does, buy a bottle of JD in the taxfree shop, sit down somewhere and reflect on the meaning of life for a couple of hours. You might wanna make that two bottles of JD.

If your ongoing flight is with Phuket Air you could pray.

If I wanted to fall from the sky I'd go skydiving..... it's cheaper. :o

cv

There is Don Muang Mansions, which do rooms at very reasonable part time rates.It is a couple of blocks behind the Amari A/p hotel. We book in there when we get the train from Surin ( arrive 05.00 leave 10.00) I'll pm the number when the missus gets up.

A friend of mine is laid over for a few hours tomorrow nite on his way to India and asked where he could get a bkk sandwich nr DM.

You can guess what I told him  :o

Eden Club?

There is Don Muang Mansions, which do rooms at very reasonable part time rates.It is a couple of blocks  behind the Amari A/p hotel. We book in there when we get the train from Surin ( arrive 05.00 leave 10.00) I'll pm the number when the missus gets up.

Thanks. :D

No.

Subway :D

:o

cv

You did not say if tranfer to intl. or domestic. If you want to stay in the international departure lounge, both terminals got dayromms that can be rented for 4 hours. I've never used them but last time still saw the signs.

Day rooms are available for passengers on the 2nd and 4th floor of Terminal 1&2 at reasonable rates on four hourly basis with soft drinks. Advance reservation of rooms can be made by yourself through the telephone number 0-2535-3710-7.

Copied from here:

http://www.airportthai.co.th/airportnew/bi...e9.html#others1