Tips And Tea

chiangmaiexpat

No, I am not British. However, I noticed that some of my friends hailing from that part of the world are addicted to PG Tips. So, I thought I let you know that PG Tips is now back on Rimping's shelves. Sorry, I don't how much it costs. When I saw the 40 bags box I shovelled them into the trolley without looking. If you are concerned about cost, there's a decent Earl Grey from "Tea Trends" (direct import from Sri Lanka) for about 50 Baht/25 tea bags. There's also the quite drinkable "Raming" Green Jasmine, which is a native tea apparently grown in Mae Taeng. If you fancy white teas and Oolongs, look for the small tea booth at Carrefour/Road 11 near the front entrance. They sell a couple of high grade native teas grown in Mae Salong, Chinese style. The packaging probably indecipherable for most readers (Chinese only), but these are rather nice teas. I've also seen them at Worarot market.

Cheers, CMX

I don't have any idea what it is. And I didn't feel like Googling it either when I read the post this morning. I got to the second line to the word 'Rimping' where I stopped reading and filed this one away under 'Farang grocery issues'. :)

Not that those aren't interesting, back in the day, Bernard Trink's rants on which particular varieties of mustard were out of stock at Foodland were the most readable parts of his column.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

tips and tea? Okay:

drink jiaogulan tea, although it's not a real tea, rather a herbal tea. Most good for the health with its antioxidants and it being an adaptogen.

The absolute best place to buy tea is in pai at the good life herbal restaurant. The ukranian chap there sells about 40 different teas, mostly from thailand and china, but also taiwan, japan. His jiaogulan is excellent, while i bought a new oolong he had recently sourced which is just so tasty i choose this tea most times i have a cuppa at the moment. I have about 19 choices at home...! He also sells a chinese (actually, i think it's from taiwan) jasmine green tea which has the most delicate delicious bouquet of any tea leaves i've come across.

I've still to find what i consider to be a decent tea shop in chiang mai though. But no problem since i only need the flimsiest excuse to take a trip to pai...!

tips and tea? Okay:

drink jiaogulan tea, although it's not a real tea, rather a herbal tea. Most good for the health with its antioxidants and it being an adaptogen.

The absolute best place to buy tea is in pai at the good life herbal restaurant. The ukranian chap there sells about 40 different teas, mostly from thailand and china, but also taiwan, japan. His jiaogulan is excellent, while i bought a new oolong he had recently sourced which is just so tasty i choose this tea most times i have a cuppa at the moment. I have about 19 choices at home...! He also sells a chinese (actually, i think it's from taiwan) jasmine green tea which has the most delicate delicious bouquet of any tea leaves i've come across.

I've still to find what i consider to be a decent tea shop in chiang mai though. But no problem since i only need the flimsiest excuse to take a trip to pai...!

I make at least pot of this tea (jiaogulan) daily. My wife drinks a lot of it also. Sweet and tasty. MIL sends us 6 1/2 kilos when we run low, that is a lot of postage, but its health benefits are proven to us. We don't say it'll help everybody, but it does us. MIL buys from a few local growers in Chiang Mai -Chiang Rai corridor. Scientific name gynostemma pentaphyllum.

... I make at least pot of this tea (jiaogulan) daily. My wife drinks a lot of it also. Sweet and tasty. MIL sends us 6 1/2 kilos when we run low, that is a lot of postage, but its health benefits are proven to us. We don't say it'll help everybody, but it does us. MIL buys from a few local growers in Chiang Mai -Chiang Rai corridor. Scientific name gynostemma pentaphyllum.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Mogoso,

Perusagoogling on "Chiang Mai" and " jiaogulan tea" shows many local suppliers of this supposedly beneficial herbal tea from local sources.

May we ask what you perceive are its effects on you ?

"MIL" stands for ?

thanks, ~o:37;