1222 Dial Up

mcfester

Last year I was using KSC on a TOT line which was fine untill around June when it just wouldn't receive, sending was ok but when receiving the green bar would just hang half way and never load the page, it got better after 11pm untill around 8am so I put it down to the rainy season upcountry and over usage by internet cafes.

I then changed to Jixtreme which worked fine untill just before Christmas and then the same happened again so I went back to KSC which was fine untill this week where as it is just hanging again.

Does this happen to anybody else or is there a solution to this? GPRS is out of the question as a friend tried his phone here and struggled to get a signal. ADSL is supposed to be coming but looks like I'll have to wait till next year at the earliest.

Can anyone recomend ISP's that don't use the 1222 number but still charge 3 baht per connection? Ineteasy provide this using a local number for 440B for 40 hours but certain sites like eBay and Mircosoft won't load up.

The 1222 service varies from location to location.

Moving just a few kilometers the service can go from bad to good.

Have you tried T-net which uses the 998 number.

The n-rich option is monthly unlimited, sorry forgot the price

330 baht or something close to that. Our connection with tnet works pretty well most of the time. Have never been able to use the 1222 number tho.

I had a 1222 number 90hour? package from KSC, and I could never connect, it was always engaged. I phoned customer support and was told, "oh sorry that a very cheap package and very slow - you buy other better" :o

I purchased a Pacific (X-treme 30 days unlimited, unlimeted session time)internet package for 349 baht. Only to find out it does not work with my telephone (038-733). Was given a complimentary 50 hrs which I thought I would be able to use during a 30 day period. I found out today it expires after today. :o

I may be talking out of my bottom here but I think TOT have a free dial up ISDN service.  Is anyone here using it ?

Yep ,tried it and got ripped, settings were on auto redial and "never hang up" but got a TOT bill for 900bt,turned out the connection dropped out or was cut off every 15 minutes :o

A few companies, Pacific Internet is the one I used, offer unlimited services

on their own dial in numbers.

Much more reliable.

Ihave been using Pacific for some time ,dial up is 1222 ,same as Happy U nlimited and Whizz ,all 1222 dial-up ,unless you in Bangkok then Whizz have (02) number. ?????

Thanks all, is the T-net a card or subscription and is the 998 number available up country (Petchabun but as far from the city as you could possibly go)?

Thaigreg, why doesn't the pacific work with your number 038, is that TOT or TT&T.

What I've noticed is if one 1222 service is bad then they all are and the same when they are working fine, is this because they all connect to the same computer or something when dailing the same number?

the first thing I do to troubleshoot a problem is ask

1) is this a new system?

2) if not, has this problem always existed?

3) if not, what did you do to change it?

then, I would go to the telephone in question, pick it up, listen to the sounds coming from the receiver. if there is a lot of static, then, I know that your physical wiring has a problem. ...the shielding around the copper may be stripped at different places. the more static you get, the more stripped your copper wiring is.

try to locate where the wiring problem is - in your room, or outside your room. trace back along your phone cable to see if the cable is exposed. if yes, replace with new copper, and hopefully, you are ok. otherwise, the problem gets more complex.

on the other hand, if you don't hear any static when you pick up the phone, then, one thing I would do is take my laptop to a friends place, and try to dial into the internet through his phone line. if you experience a different scenario then the one at your place, then, you know it is not the isp.

just to confirm this, you could have your friend dial into the internet using your isp on his computer to see if he experiences the same problems that you are having with the isp.

if I find the isp is ok, I would then focus some more on the telephone system at my own apartment. pbx, etc.

hope this helps...

I bought one of these unlimited cards. 1222 number. Tried and tried to connect. No joy. So got the missus to call them. She then told them my phone number. They said. Oh it wont work with that number. Asked why. They said there is 3 companies.ie TOT , TT&T also TA. But you have TA. So sorry you cant use our service. But fair play they said send it in and we will replace it with something else.