Kl Visa Run

Hi folks

thanks to your great advise about multi non o visa i cant stop smiling!!

Just one more bit of advise needed!

Ilive near chaiyaphum, what route do i take to kl? I dont want to fly, but was wondering how to get to kl from bangkok? Is there a bus or train service to malaysia? Where do i take the same from? Any idea how much and how long it takes?

Be glad to pass on any info about trip once i get back.

Thanks again for all your help!!!

Take the train from BKK to Butterworth, (Sleeping/Down seat) and at the train/bus station, take a a bus to KL.

Though there is train from Butterworth to KL, it is not recommended as,while you arrive at around 2.00 pm. the train leaves to KL at 9.00 pm and arrives Kl 5.00 am.

The bus is cheaper and more comfortable; just make sure to take the 24 passengers bus, which have 2 and 1 seats on each row.

It cost about 30 MR (B.300) and takes about 4 hours to arrive.

When you get out of the train station, turn left and walk about 100m straight to the bus station.

There are buses every 30 minutes till midnight,so take your time and choose the bus you like.

Good luck

Bishop

The consulate staff at KL are helpful and friendly, so most people deal with matters themself. If you advise what visa he will be applying for we can let you know what paperwork is required. You may also care to browse the latest reports here.

Thanks thaiphoon.

My friend has been here for 16 years now so he's "up to date" on the paperwork required, the problem is that he's never been to KL. It's the lack of geographical and local knowledge that's lacking, hence his desire to get the first one through an agent rather than trial and error. Thereafter he will be DIY capable.

Does anyone know of a reliable visa agent operating in KL?

Regards Nibor.