Alcohol Rehab

Sheryl

I posted this on the health forum got 41 hits and not a single reply, so trying a few local forums...please, if you know of anyplace in Thailand or the region (Singapore, HK etc) let me know...thanks

Does anyone know of a good inpatient rehab program for alcoholics either in Thailand or nearby country? This is for a 24 year old Cambodian boy (speaks English but not Thai) -- my adopted nephew with whom I am otherwise about to throw in the towel altogether. Attending AA didnt work.'Any suggestions will be much appreciated by his frazzled "auntie"and his distraught parents!!!

I posted this on the health forum got 41 hits and not a single reply, so trying a few local forums...please, if you know of anyplace in Thailand or the region (Singapore, HK etc) let me know...thanks

Does anyone know of a good inpatient rehab program for alcoholics either in Thailand or nearby country? This is for a 24 year old Cambodian boy (speaks English but not Thai) -- my adopted nephew with whom I am otherwise about to throw in the towel altogether. Attending AA didnt work.'Any suggestions will be much appreciated by his frazzled "auntie"and his distraught parents!!!

Not sure of the status of this Temple now - it was a refuge for Hmong refugees but also a centre for Drug and Alcohol rehabilitation:

www.hmongcenter.org/watthamkrabok.html

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

Sheryl,

Many Thai's in this situation go to a Wat and stay for a while. I'm not an expert on alcohol rehabilitation but I believe that the person has to want to change and be willing to undergo whatever course you find for him. If he's not willing to cooperate then (I think) it will probably not do any/much good.

Chownah