Cat Cdma Performance No Good Lately?

Orita

I use a CAT Telecom CDMA USB Modem (CCU-650) and was generally happy with the performance until a few weeks ago.

Download speed used to be around 1 MB, but now I get not even half of this. Many times, pages don't open

at all, or I have to connect / disconnect a few times before it works. I have reinstalled the software, but this did not help either.

I am living not far from Pantip Plaza in Chang Klan Road.

Is anyone else having the same problems? Any tweeks of the modem settings, that could speed up things?

I'm also having performance problems with mine. For 6 months it worked great, whilst I was living down Chang Klan Road. Now I live the other side of the city and it's terrible. I thought it was due to me moving however I keep hearing from more and more people saying it's not working anymore, even right next to where I used to live. It seems like there is some signal problems In CM at the moment.

For what it's worth I've been in Phuket for the last week and it's working great here. I hope they do something about fixing the problem in CM soon or I'll have to buy an AIS super 3G card

Same here (east of Chiangmai) I bought CAT CMDA beginning December because a friend had good experiences, real download speed 3,1 GB, sinds a month it's big crap however. Now they have rush hours from 5pm till late, sometimes I can't work at all (I make websites) Download speeds now from 3KB (...) to no more then 200KB (!!!) or so...

Also here suddenly terrible start-up trouble, not one website opened properly, only solution was a (daily) system restore... But after I decreased the huge list of start-up programs to just the security software (all you need to start automatic) this problem was solved, system starts up normal now.

All the startups were a serious problem for CAT CMDA.

The people at CAT airport plaza told me about an upcoming network expansion, but had no more details.

I suggest HOWEVER that use of CAT CMDA will become EXCLUSIVE PRIVILEGE for foreigners.

Edited by ManilaLover

This is an X-post from someone in another forum I visit..

CAT CDMA adventures cont............

So I visit the CAT shop in Airport Plaza (chiang Mai) and as soon as I whipped out my dongle (Huawei EC226) the entire staff start giggling

Marvellous.

It's all China's fault apparently. That or they're waiting for a little man from China to come and fix it.

The translation wasn't clear.

It might take the Chinese 2 weeks to fix. I think that's what they said.

In the meantime I can have a refund. Nice. Except I haven't been paying for the bloody thing anyhows.

So it seems you may be able to get a refund on that model (not 100% confirmed yet, will take mine in on Friday). I don't know if that is the whole issue though, or just that on top of the signal being terrible this USB device is also not working properly.

here too, today I called with the customer care center, after some pushing I was forwarded to a senior officcial who told me there are indeed network problems that has to do with a technical department in Taiwan, and seem to be over in two weeks, by a mayor upgrade.

well lets see.