I Can Finally Leave Thailand.

ongoing

Maybe you should read the whole sentence, also the part after "...and simultaneously...", and think about the context. And maybe then you will understand the meaning, which is different from what you are assuming.

I certainly agree with you about not insulting the locals. I don't insult anyone... even if they insult me. I figure that is their problem, not mine. I happen to treat everyone with respect, and in so doing get along with everyone I meet in person. What comes across on an internet forum is not always the person you think you are conversing with.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EXCUSE ME--ongoing

when i first read your post, it gave me some real funny feelings....

some groups of selected people who genuinely do not like thai food because they think thai food is not spicy enough for them in comparison with their own country food.... perhaps you are one of these person.... on the other hand, there are thousand upon thousands of people who come to thailand just to sample and fill their already buldging tommies with different kinds and varieties of thai food.... and many on thaivisa would swear by it.... :D

but when i came across your last post, it is an entirely different story.... and i quote verbatum....

I can understand that alot of the people who do get agnry have sent there life savings here on a failing business.

ongoing.... perhaps you spent too much time with people of the same feather for too long.... lol :)

there are plenty of farangs on thaivisa here who invest their money wisely and profitably for more than your residence here of 15 yrs.... they are doing well and they are having the best time of their lives with thai wives and children.... and none of them agrees with everything that happens in thailand and to thailand and to thai people....

but i can tell you that each one of these people is a realist--changing whatever they can, that is within their power.... and accepting things that they can not change.... whether they like it or not....

i am very sorry that you suffer the way you do in thailand and that our delighted thai cuisine displeases you so....

in parting i can tell you that with the kind of attitudes you have, your own son will suffer even more than you do in the long run.... may i be wrong and totally wrong.... for his sake....

whever you decide to resettle, friend, you still have different kind of people you have to deal with, be it in the middle east, near east or european countries.... and many more countries that i know are much more inclined to violence than thais....

for your information.... most of the farangs that i know.... they do not want to leave thailand.... as imperfect as thailand is and as lousy as siam has been since sukothai era.... the majority of us still think that siam is still a rare paradize on earth....

IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO LOOK.... AND

CHOOSE WHERE TO SETTLE.... AND

APPROPRIATE YOUR REMAINING TIME AND ACTIVITIES WISELY ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN PERSONAL PREFERENCES AND RESOURCES....

THAILAND CAN AND WILL ALSO BECOME YOUR PARADIZE ON EARTH AS WELL.... IN MY HUMBLE OPINION

wish you the best of life, wherever you choose to spend it.... but do not be too negative and selfish....

you also need to think of what your young son needs for his own life.... OK?

do not destroy his life time opportunity to become the best that he can be.... because of your own grossly negativities in your own life style....

CHEERS ongoing....

Edited by nakachalet

MJP

I have an odd pice of property or two ... They are the basis of my retirment account and have to stay that way for a long time before I can sell them and properly retire and not take major hits in the wallet.

I do have to say that I understand what the guy that talked about returning to work and liking it means though ... after 6+ years of learning and doing some travel in Thailand, I am back to working. I could not be a teacher here but I did find myself a good job and am having a blast at it! It is good to be drawing 0 (zero) funds from US accounts and actually putting a bit of cash in the rainy day sock again :)

Especially during economic booms, when we're flat out, we love the thought of early retirement. Now, having had a sort of practice run, partly due to the economy and partly due to health (although better now), I must say I'm dreading it.

Would be nice to be back on site again. But things ain't too good in my line right now.

Still, have to make the best of things. With the dry weather right now I can see the future . . . in the form of a roller and a bucket of TOA's finest 100% Acrylic!

Re last sentence: So it's quite ok with you, that certain Farangs are here only because of the possibility of a cheap life with women and simultaneously do nothing else than offend the locals and their culture.

And just what is WRONG with a cheap life with women? Is it only proper if it costs a lot of money?

Is it only proper when we put some phony marriage certificate on it? I've seen more phony marriages for convenience than loving ones.

Is sex with a beautiful woman somehow WRONG when both parties are in agreement? I fail to see the problem?

If two people enjoy each other's company and both treat each other with respect, I don't see a lot wrong with someone providing a valuable service for an accepted price... if both adult parties are agreeable.

Not at all. I can get Nippon 100% Acrylic for less than £30 for 5 US gallons! Goes miles too. :)

EXCUSE ME--ongoing

some groups of selected people who genuinely do not like thai food because they think thai food is not spicy enough for them in comparison with their own country food.... perhaps you are one of these person.... on the other hand, there are thousand upon thousands of people who come to thailand just to sample and fill their already buldging tommies with different kinds and varieties of thai food.... and many on thaivisa would swear by it.... :D

but when i came across your last post, it is an entirely different story.... and i quote verbatum....

I can understand that alot of the people who do get agnry have sent there life savings here on a failing business.

ongoing.... perhaps you spent too much time with people of the same feather for too long.... lol :)

there are plenty of farangs on thaivisa here who invest their money wisely and profitably for more than your residence here of 15 yrs.... they are doing well and they are having the best time of their lives with thai wives and children.... and none of them agrees with everything that happens in thailand and to thailand and to thai people....

but i can tell you that each one of these people is a realist--changing whatever they can, that is within their power.... and accepting things that they can not change.... whether they like it or not....

i am very sorry that you suffer the way you do in thailand and that our delighted thai cuisine displeases you so....

in parting i can tell you that with the kind of attitudes you have, your own son will suffer even more than you do in the long run.... may i be wrong and totally wrong.... for his sake....

whever you decide to resettle, friend, you still have different kind of people you have to deal with, be it in the middle east, near east or european countries.... and many more countries that i know are much more inclined to violence than thais....

for your information.... most of the farangs that i know.... they do not want to leave thailand.... as imperfect as thailand is and as lousy as siam has been since sukothai era.... the majority of us still think that siam is still a rare paradize on earth....

APPROPRIATE YOUR REMAINING TIME AND ACTIVITIES WISELY ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN PERSONAL PREFERENCES AND RESOURCES....

THAILAND CAN AND WILL ALSO BECOME YOUR PARADIZE ON EARTH AS WELL.... IN MY HUMBLE OPINION

wish you the best of life, wherever you choose to spend it.... but do not be too negative and selfish....

do not destroy his life time opportunity to become the best that he can be.... because of your own grossly negativities in your own life style....

CHEERS ongoing....

You say about me 'destroying ' my sons life. Did you even read my post ? I said my son want to leave thailand himself. If you are not half thai/ half farang you will not know or understand anything about how he feels. The treatment for half Thai/ half farang children is getting worese as alot of Thai people are jelious of them for there wealth and also looks. The thai's love to see them on TV but when it comes to meeting them in the street alot of Thai people will try to mock them in someway ( alot more in tourist areas ) . Alot of Thai's dont treat them as thai people ( even throw they were born here and have thai passports and can speak thai ) . That is how bad racism is getting here.

That is how alot of thai people think of half thai / half farang people. So what they think of farang people is even worse than that.

I could cant understand why this country is so racist. It has never been ruled in a empire ( not like india or malayisa by the british or cambodia by the french ) So where did the racism and hate for farang come from in thailand ???

Please dont say is from tourists. I know there are bad tourists here. But there are many many more good tourists who come here and dont do anything wrong.

EXCUSE ME--ongoing

CHEERS ongoing....

You say about me 'destroying ' my sons life. Did you even read my post ? I said my son want to leave thailand himself. If you are not half thai/ half farang you will not know or understand anything about how he feels. The treatment for half Thai/ half farang children is getting worese as alot of Thai people are jelious of them for there wealth and also looks. The thai's love to see them on TV but when it comes to meeting them in the street alot of Thai people will try to mock them in someway ( alot more in tourist areas ) . Alot of Thai's dont treat them as thai people ( even throw they were born here and have thai passports and can speak thai ) . That is how bad racism is getting here.

That is how alot of thai people think of half thai / half farang people. So what they think of farang people is even worse than that.

I could cant understand why this country is so racist. It has never been ruled in a empire ( not like india or malayisa by the british or cambodia by the french ) So where did the racism and hate for farang come from in thailand ???

Please dont say is from tourists. I know there are bad tourists here. But there are many many more good tourists who come here and dont do anything wrong.

You're right, Thais are taught to be nationalistic from a young age, now, there's nothing wrong with being proud of ones country, but nationalism often leads to racism. Also, of course it's not just a Thai phenomenon. Education is the key, but I fear Thai schools promote nationalism rather than multi-cultural tolerance.

Re last sentence: So it's quite ok with you, that certain Farangs are here only because of the possibility of a cheap life with women and simultaneously do nothing else than offend the locals and their culture.

And just what is WRONG with a cheap life with women? Is it only proper if it costs a lot of money?

Is it only proper when we put some phony marriage certificate on it? I've seen more phony marriages for convenience than loving ones.

Is sex with a beautiful woman somehow WRONG when both parties are in agreement? I fail to see the problem?

If two people enjoy each other's company and both treat each other with respect, I don't see a lot wrong with someone providing a valuable service for an accepted price... if both adult parties are agreeable.

If you are talking about just normal relationships that never lead to marriage no nothing wrong. If you are talking about prostitution then yes its wrong. But not from a moral standpoint. The wrongness is in the illusion and the lie that users of prostitutes accept. I cant stand that. If you buy into the lie and act that she actually enjoys you and spending time with you then you are wrong. You talked about enjoying eachothers company which in reference to what Im talking about is a big fat lie that you would be trying to believe.

hi ongoing

i am even more puzzled now than before.... there are several farang families around, their young and very young sons and daughters are exceptional to behold, much to the envious of the locals as you stated.... the local thai kids adore the half bred.... lol

and the farang kids just love it.... soaking up all the admiration and adulation every single day....

but then in your area things must be drastically different in more way than one....

around here when farangs needed some help building a farang garage.... imagine that.... farang garage in the mid of rubber plantation.... local thai neighbors coming out to help in horde.... some saying funny things and making fun of the farang and his funny looking garage.... farangs themselve were the first to laugh at the thai crude jokes and their harmless ridicule.... day in and day out....

on the other hand, when the locals needed help with some construction work, farangs volunteered and helped local thai to build a better and stronger building/farmhouse.... even then, the local thai were making joke about hair on farangs' body.... looking like monkeys, they commented.... and every one, particularly farangs laughed their hearts out.... LOL

i were not there where you were, so i would not be able to comment one way or the other.... particularly about your young son being disliked and all....

is there any possibility that he is learning from his daddy dear daily example in life....? that is a question you need to examine within yourself and with your young son.... OK? as far as my 12 yr old son is concerned, he couldn't care less what other said or commented about his appearance etc.... his quick response to those nasty remarks was the same since 2nd grade--aren't you glad that u don't have my look nor my little brain ....LOL he is much like his crazy old dad.... always count the blessings come his way, day by day.... for those who need to feel superior, let them be.... why are we so anxious to act as their parents, correcting them.... it really is not your job nor mine.... right?

perhaps, if you can find within yourself to lighten up just a little bit.... your adorable young son would also do likewise and feel the world around him is really not too bad after all....

wishing you the best of life and your young son a harmonious future with plenty of happiness and success.... as well, regardless of where you decide to relocate to.... REGARDLESS OF WHERE WE MOVE TO.... WE ARE STILL OF THE SAME CHARACTERS

yes, you could become a destroyer of your young son's life.... if you keep on bleeping and moaning on and on like the whole thai population is against you and/or your young son.... which most of us old timers kind of feel sorry for the way you feel really.... LIGHTEN UP SOME.... AND SMELL THE MANY WONDERFUL ORCHIDS AROUND YOU.... take a trip up country or something but do get out of your lousy surroundings and

particularly your cooped up life.... without even knowing you personally other than what you deliberated here.... i do believe that you have a very sheltered and a very much cooped up life.... tell me ongoing if i am wrong....?

for all i know, you may live in a multimillion castle of sort but if you and your son are so unhappy.... that castle is really not worth a thin dime.... :) .... imho

got to run now on my ford pickup truck to round up my young half bred.... who always feel they were ever so lucky to be alive and to be in such a plentiful country thailand.... :D:D:D

If you are talking about prostitution then yes its wrong. But not from a moral standpoint. The wrongness is in the illusion and the lie that users of prostitutes accept. I cant stand that. If you buy into the lie and act that she actually enjoys you and spending time with you then you are wrong.

If prostitution is not "morally wrong", what is your gripe? The truth is that some sex-workers actually enjoy sex with just about anybody, but even if they don't, what is wrong with doing the best they can to please their customers, like many workers do? Lots of workers don't like their job and they can't stand their boss, but they still try to do their job to the best of their abilities. It is called capitalism. :)

Its not the sex, its the lie that emotions exist that is dangerous and leads to many of the horror stories we read about daily. Some guys are stone cold and dont care, but lots deep down want the girl to feed the illusion of true positive emotions and feelings that simply dont exist. Paying for sex is one thing, paying for a lie you so desperately want to believe is sad and pathetic and leads to nothing but heartbreak and trouble.

Its not the sex, its the lie that emotions exist that is dangerous and leads to many of the horror stories we read about daily. Some guys are stone cold and dont care, but lots deep down want the girl to feed the illusion of true positive emotions and feelings that simply dont exist. Paying for sex is one thing, paying for a lie you so desperately want to believe is sad and pathetic and leads to nothing but heartbreak and trouble.

A quite brilliant post.

And no way I am going to post them here for the real estate hounds to read.

If I do that those places will get ruined too. Or, some would say, turn into a Paradise in Southeast Asia.

Right on dude ,THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING!

Then again maybe not..

Incidentally I've done a LOT of research-for relocation- in the past couple of years ,and I am still lost..

It sucks everywhere ,unless you have lots of dinero.

I think Thailand still offers the best package East of the Suez canal.

Potential 'realistic' alternatives only exist in Latin America.

But nothing to write home about.

So here we are moaning and groaning and playing the blues..

I don't believe for a minute that he knows about places the rest of us who have lived in SE Asia 30+ years haven't found. But it sounds good.

You don't live in Thailand full time, do you? Thailand is a great place to be when you bring in money from the outside, scratch that, it's fuc_king awesome to be young and have money in Thailand, but unless you have a trust fund, you have to work for a living eventually. I am 27 and I don't think there are any real options to make a career in Thailand. It's basically TEFL or online business.

Thailand really isn't that cheap if you want a condo with decent amenities, motorbike, car, money for travel etc, money to go to decent restaurants, universities, clubs, taking out the girlfriend. All things which are necessary to meet the right people.

They have 45 kg girlfriends in other countries too. The Philippines is just as much fun as Thailand and much cheaper. They also speak English and have a work ethic. I am thinking of setting up an office there.

Huh? I know a number of farangs who have started with nothing and become quite successful here. Saying that it is impossible for foreigners to make a living here is just plain silly.

By the way, the Philippines are depressing as hel_l, dangerous and dirty. Thailand is heaven on earth in comparison. 202.gif

To call any copuntry hel_l on earth and call thailand heaven on earth in comparison to it is a big insult to any country. Thailand is no where near and never will be heaven on earth.

As some else has said. The locals in the Phililppines are alot more freindly than the locals in Thailand. Out side the tourist area's in Thailand the locals are ok. Alot of them do still say bad things about farangs when they think you cant understand them ( i know i speak thai ) . But in the tourist area's the some of the thing i have heard said about farangs is awful. Vene the the tourists are stood right infront of them spending there money in a shop. Many thais can still only sad bad things about farang and laugh to eachother about them.

My advice to Farangs who live here and like it, and also think the local thai's like them. Is DONT ever learn the thai language. If you do you will quickly understand you are not really welcome here even if you are spending money

Honest.

I hold the opposite view, that if you don't learn to speak, read and understand Thai well, you will never feel at home here. I do and feel perfectly welcome.

You might want to seek therapy for your sense of paranoia.

As always, YMMV :)

To call any copuntry hel_l on earth and call thailand heaven on earth in comparison to it is a big insult to any country. Thailand is no where near and never will be heaven on earth.

As some else has said. The locals in the Phililppines are alot more freindly than the locals in Thailand. Out side the tourist area's in Thailand the locals are ok. Alot of them do still say bad things about farangs when they think you cant understand them ( i know i speak thai ) . But in the tourist area's the some of the thing i have heard said about farangs is awful. Vene the the tourists are stood right infront of them spending there money in a shop. Many thais can still only sad bad things about farang and laugh to eachother about them.

My advice to Farangs who live here and like it, and also think the local thai's like them. Is DONT ever learn the thai language. If you do you will quickly understand you are not really welcome here even if you are spending money

Honest.

I hold the opposite view, that if you don't learn to speak, read and understand Thai well, you will never feel at home here. I do and feel perfectly welcome.

You might want to seek therapy for your sense of paranoia.

As always, YMMV :)

I think that's fair comment.

certain Farangs are here only because of the possibility of a cheap life with women

Let's be honest, almost all of us are here for one or the other or for young boys. We would all be in the South of France having the time of our lives if it were cheap. :)

exactly... (but not the young boys bit).... be honest - take away:

girls

cheap living

sun

nature &

buddhism

we wouldn't stay.. right? and the only problem with the South of France is the French right? should never have built that damned tunnel...

Honesty is the best policy... I have no intention of getting 'serious' and have never found it a stumbling block to 'friendships' - many of the girls are just as bad as the farang hunters - anyway we digress...

EXCUSE ME--ongoing

CHEERS ongoing....

That is how alot of thai people think of half Thai / half farang people. So what they think of farang people is even worse than that.

I totaly agree with the half /Thai half /Falang racisam, And yet the Thais spend a lot of baht on western style nose jobs, To look westernized,

EXCUSE ME--ongoing

CHEERS ongoing....

That is how alot of thai people think of half Thai / half farang people. So what they think of farang people is even worse than that.

I totaly agree with the half /Thai half /Falang racisam, And yet the Thais spend a lot of baht on western style nose jobs, To look westernized,

I have a half Thai/half falang daughter (only 6), I don't see this. Everyone up here adores her.

This is Issan though.

And no way I am going to post them here for the real estate hounds to read.

If I do that those places will get ruined too. Or, some would say, turn into a Paradise in Southeast Asia.

Right on dude ,THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING!

Then again maybe not..

Incidentally I've done a LOT of research-for relocation- in the past couple of years ,and I am still lost..

It sucks everywhere ,unless you have lots of dinero.

I think Thailand still offers the best package East of the Suez canal.

Potential 'realistic' alternatives only exist in Latin America.

But nothing to write home about.

So here we are moaning and groaning and playing the blues..

Of course you are joking.....the world is not watching and most of us take this forum way too seriously (nobody cares).

Anyway, while not specifying the exact locations, I was talking about both Central and especially South America as alternatives (realistic ones in terms of quality of life).

But money.....yes, surely the more money you have the more options you have. One thing I have found is that Thailand just keeps getting more expensive.....far more expensive than some other places on my list.

That, of course, depends on what you want....where you want to live........whether your wants far exceed your needs, etc.

I will say this for the real estate hounds to ponder: both Cambodia and Vietnam are growing and will be serious competition for Thailand within 10 years as desired retirement destinations.

Providing they stay on track and keep passing laws that are expat friendly.

I really don't think that is a big secret at this point.

There are still some small islands in the Philippines that beat the hel_l out of anything in Thailand (but I am not saying which ones).

If only Myanmar would reverse its course and open up to the world........so beautiful and so much potential.

There are still some small islands in the Philippines that beat the hel_l out of anything in Thailand (but I am not saying which ones).

If only Myanmar would reverse its course and open up to the world........so beautiful and so much potential.

Absolutely! We live in hope...

I'm still not sure what your point is. There are plenty of good healthy, successful men who come to Thailand and enjoy the culture and the sights and also enjoy the sex industry - like Ian - but in general, you seem to be talking about the truly desperate men who have been rejected by society and women all of their lives and come here because it's pretty much a prostitute or nothing.

Perhaps some of them deserve to live sad, lonely lives, but others have just been unlucky, so I'm more inclined to think that most of them deserve some kind of intimacy even if they have to pay for it.

Maybe, if they get involved in a relationship, it will all turn out to be a lie, or maybe they will have some luck for the first time in their lives - it does happen here sometimes - but either way, it has got to be better than just staying home and hoping for something that is just never going to happen.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The people in the Philippines APPEAR to be friendly, but many are just using the knowledge you pass on to scam other gullible tourists. I saw more scams in the Philippines then I ever knew existed. When a Filipino speaks to you in a friendly manner he's just trying to learn what you know so he can lower the guard of some other gullible tourist and make him more vulnerable. I saw it happen so frequently I couldn't believe it. Their patter would make an Indian tailor in Phuket go green with envy.

By contrast, when a Thai talks to you he's mostly just being friendly. There are the excpetions of course, but you learn to spot them after a while.

And, I heard of more murders within the group I was associated with then I ever heard happening in Thailand. Four guys I knew personally were murdered in Angeles City.

And, the government in Thailand is far more concerned about the environment than anyone in the Philippines. At least Thailand DOES have some national parks that are protected. In the Philippines the fishermen blow up the coral reefs wih dynamite just to kill a few fish to eat.

Thanks for your post. I totally agree with you. What about the crime in the Philippines? I prefer the Thai mentality.

8>< SNIP _ NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

If you are talking about just normal relationships that never lead to marriage no nothing wrong. If you are talking about prostitution then yes its wrong. But not from a moral standpoint. The wrongness is in the illusion and the lie that users of prostitutes accept. I cant stand that. If you buy into the lie and act that she actually enjoys you and spending time with you then you are wrong. You talked about enjoying eachothers company which in reference to what Im talking about is a big fat lie that you would be trying to believe.

"CHEER UP ! Things could be worse" they told me,

so I did, and they were.

I think that the trouble and heartache that befalls the sad and pathetic is a consequence of their sadness and pathos, but there is always the possibility that they can salvage some fond, bittersweet memories they might otherwise have missed out on.

The real misfortune lies in the misery that is inflicted on others, when the sad and pathetic become bitter, twisted and cynical, and lose any sympathy they might have once deserved, as well as hardening the hearts of all that they meet.

Anyway, Mr LaughingMan, cheer up and laugh at yourself and your misfortunes, like the rest of us, and if you can't do that, then at least learn to laugh and enjoy the misfortunes of others, and think 'there but for the grace of god...'

SC

Agree with the earlier poster that its best if people who constantly complain or don't like Thailand to just leave- if they stay here their negative attitude is picked up by thai's who then may lump all farang's in the same boat. So to the OP, good move- makes sense for the OP and good for those of us who live here.

But i hope you are moving to a large city wherever you come from..the racism your half asian son will get in a rural community in the West is likely to be far worse than anything he experienced here.

"likely to be far worse ???

?/ what planet are you living on.

caf

Agree with the earlier poster that its best if people who constantly complain or don't like Thailand to just leave- if they stay here their negative attitude is picked up by thai's who then may lump all farang's in the same boat. So to the OP, good move- makes sense for the OP and good for those of us who live here.

But i hope you are moving to a large city wherever you come from..the racism your half asian son will get in a rural community in the West is likely to be far worse than anything he experienced here.

"likely to be far worse ???

?/ what planet are you living on.

caf

I've never seen this. This racism towards half farang kids. Never even knew it existed. It's certainly not the case up here with us. Daughter is a bit of a local celebrity in many ways, very much adored.

New to me.

Well said UG. Those that been in SEA long enough know the score when it comes to the ladies especially those that work the naughty nightlife arena. They are under no illusions on what sort of relationship it is. :)

No this is completely wrong. You and UG are denying the fact that most men that come here seem to NOT be able to differentiate between illusion and reality. I disagree completely which is why I think its so dangerous for men. Why do we have a new daily horror story of some falang getting fleeced or murdered by his bar girl girlfriend if so many men are capable of telling fact from fiction. they all WANT to believe the lie and that is what makes it so dangeorus. They wont even pick up on the obvious signs they normally would becuase they dont want to.

Dont misunderstand, I am not some old guy that got burned by my multiple attempts at marrying bar girls and has become bitter and cynical. I never let myself get into a position to get bitter and cynical, I never dated bar girls and do not partake of their services even on a purely business arrangement. I am no Don Juan either, I am in fact very alone and lonely, because I will not date certain types of women that leaves me with very little options in a country I find full of racism, the girls I would date, would not date me simply because of my race.

But I would rather be in pain alone, than seek comfort in a lie and an illusion.

8>< NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

No this is completely wrong. You and UG are denying the fact that most men that come here seem to NOT be able to differentiate between illusion and reality. I disagree completely which is why I think its so dangerous for men. Why do we have a new daily horror story of some falang getting fleeced or murdered by his bar girl girlfriend if so many men are capable of telling fact from fiction. they all WANT to believe the lie and that is what makes it so dangeorus. They wont even pick up on the obvious signs they normally would becuase they dont want to.

Dont misunderstand, I am not some old guy that got burned by my multiple attempts at marrying bar girls and has become bitter and cynical. I never let myself get into a position to get bitter and cynical, I never dated bar girls and do not partake of their services even on a purely business arrangement. I am no Don Juan either, I am in fact very alone and lonely, because I will not date certain types of women that leaves me with very little options in a country I find full of racism, the girls I would date, would not date me simply because of my race.

But I would rather be in pain alone, than seek comfort in a lie and an illusion.

You're missing out on an illusion that beats David Copperfield hands down.

And I think your prejudices mean you are really missing out socially as well. If you follow the field sports threads, there are plenty of chaps with constructive advice on snaring respectable girls, catching them with nets, stalking them through shopping malls and so forth - to the point of making you a hunt saboteur...

On a statistical point, I don't think you should use the term 'most' (my bolding) based on a few anecdotal horror stories; better to say 'some', or 'a few', although that undermines the advice you have given yourself...

Anyway, sitting as you are with your heartache, what I would recommend is a bit of joy and illusion, leading up to trouble and woes - woes by any other name would smell as sweet...

If you want to carry on resisting temptation, Take a ladyboy dancing, and enjoy the innocent fun.

Remember: Stiff upper lip, and look on the bright side - at least you don't have nails in your feet!

SC