Honda Phantom Ta200

griz47

8 hours ago, James Roderick said:

I recently bought a Honda Phantom and had it restored and refurbished. It now looks good and goes great. So far, I've had a couple of minor teething problems, but nothing serious and I'm very happy with the bike. I have one question though. I am new to riding motorbikes ( I've spent years on scooters in Thailand Cambodia and the Philippines - but not on bikes), so perhaps the issue is with me rather than the phantom, although I doubt it. The position of the foot-brake pedal seems odd to me. My foot, when placed on the foot rest, is positioned  below and to the right of the brake pedal. To engage the brake, I need to first raise my foot, move my foot to the left and then push down on the brake pedal. This might be a difficult maneuver to execute when needing to stop very quickly.  It also seems possible, if I were to slide my foot from right to left ( without first lifting my foot) then I will miss the brake pedal completely. I've looked at other phantoms and the brake pedal is configured the same way - it sits way above the foot rest. Has anyone experienced this problem and do you have any suggestions as to how to fix it !!  Many thanks and safe riding !!                

Find a competent welder and modify the brake so that it sits where you want it.