Airline Bookings

OZEMADE

Hi All, I plan on travelling back to OZ in April.

My question's are, is it cheaper to book a return ticket 3 months ahead, or is it cheaper to book closer to the day.

Yes and I just saw that the UDD (Red Shirts) plan on marching on the 20th April. :)

I did not place this in the Airport Forum, as everyone seems to read here first.

Edited by OZEMADE

i always book as early as possible as the prices usually seem to get higher the closer to the date you leave.

although im talking about booking my flight (outward and return) from the UK before i get to thailand,ive only ever once had to book a return flight home once i was in thailand,and that was my cherry trip when i missed my flight home! :)

i always use ebookers.

Edited by pallypete

Looking at one of the Travel Agents sites last night, BKK to Perth. Promotion 20,850baht oneway and under it was 21,100 Return...

To get a good + cheap price your maybe to late, found you need to book over 3 months ahead..

EG: looked at Air Asia in November for flight to Perth last week of March...... Total price with tax + baggage + 1x meal each way was just under 15,000 baht return..

Yesterday looked again, everything the same as November price 24,150 baht.. One item that beats me, in November KL to Perth 15kg of baggage was 200baht, each month goes up, yesterday same 15kg is is 500 baht each way, same BKK to KL has over doubled..

As of yesterday Thai Air + Air Malaysia both are cheaper than Air Asia :)

So to answer your question if you want to go on a cheap flight then book at least 3 months ahead, or wait to closer to date and hope there are still seats + at a dicounted rate, on a big airline.

Did notice booking well ahead you can get real cheap Bussiness class KL to in my case Perth on Air Asia + other cheap flights [Tiger/JetStar]

Edited by ignis

Looking at one of the Travel Agents sites last night, BKK to Perth. Promotion 20,850baht oneway and under it was 21,100 Return...

To get a good + cheap price your maybe to late, found you need to book over 3 months ahead..

EG: looked at Air Asia in November for flight to Perth last week of March...... Total price with tax + baggage + 1x meal each way was just under 15,000 baht return..

Yesterday looked again, everything the same as November price 24,150 baht.. One item that beats me, in November KL to Perth 15kg of baggage was 200baht, each month goes up, yesterday same 15kg is is 500 baht each way, same BKK to KL has over doubled..

So to answer your question if you want to go on a cheap flight then book at least 3 months ahead, or wait to closer to date and hope there are still seats + at a dicounted rate, on a big airline.

Did notice booking well ahead you can get real cheap Bussiness class KL to in my case Perth on Air Asia + other cheap flights [Tiger/JetStar]

when booking airasia you should look for promtional fares well in advance. On some days some are available and on some days they are not. I flew BKK/PERTH via KL and back on all promotional flight plug baggage and meals for about Bt12000

when booking airasia you should look for promtional fares well in advance. On some days some are available and on some days they are not. I flew BKK/PERTH via KL and back on all promotional flight plug baggage and meals for about Bt12000

Thanks for all your input, I booked yesterday on credit card with British Airways Sydney return, with the seat I require with my long legs. Baht 28,440.00 all inclusive of taxes etc. :D