Income Certification Letter

If this topic has been covered before then please point me in the right direction.

UK citizen living in Pattaya.

O-A Visa expires August.

Legal stay until October.

I'm just doing some preliminary work on my visa extension and I have a question, or two.

The UK embassy will provide me with a letter that certifies my income as I have the relevant documentation to prove this. This letter will be passed to Pattaya Immigration, when the time comes, along with all of the rest of the documentation that they require. Does the letter need to be translated into Thai? If so, does the translation need to be notarised by the Thai Foreign Ministry in BKK?

Also, how old can this letter be? If I get it now (because I have to go to BKK soon for another reason) will it still be valid in September or do they put a three-month validity requirement on it, as with some other documents?

Any help much appreciated.

DM

If this topic has been covered before then please point me in the right direction.

UK citizen living in Pattaya.

O-A Visa expires August.

Legal stay until October.

No help on your questions I'm afraid, but suggest you go to get your extension as early as possible (30 days before expiry) so you have time to sort things out if you have a problem.

My "pension letter" was obtained early in 2000 and not translated. When I apply for my one year extension I always take the original and two copies, show the original and leave the copies with immigration. No problems with this up to now.

In another thread is seems that the pension letter will do for many years but you have not said pension you say "income"

Income in this case comprises a Company pension, payable for life and UK index-linked, and an annuity that runs until my 65th burthday. At this point the UK state pension kicks in (not index linked unfortunately).

The Embassy are happy to provide a letter based on the Company pension and annuity but I would expect to have to get them to provide a different letter when the circumstances change. No problem as the total income will still be more than enough, unless Sterling crashes of course because then all bets are off.

Anyway, it seems that a translation will not be required, which is good news.

Thanks to you all for your input.

DM :o

The UK embassy will provide me with a letter that certifies my income as I have the relevant documentation to prove this. 

I am going through the same process as doctormann except that I am going through the Australian embassy. It is mentioned in the quote above about an income certification letter from the UK embassy. When I described my situation to the consular desk at the Aust embassy I was informed that all they could do was witness a statutary declaration declaring my pension/income.

Does anyone know if a letter as described above from the UK embassy is available from the Aust embassy or is the stat dec sufficient evidence for the immigration requirements for an extension.