Need Advice & Tips For Bkk

Hazo

I'm new here, but I've read the posts in this section dating the last couple of months. One of the things I've picked up on is lack of info, so I will do my best to describe my situation.

I arrive in Phuket on March 7 and will be partying for 4 days. Then I will be coming to BKK with my friend. We are both 23 yr old males. He is here for a month, mainly looking for a good time.

i run my business online so will be looking to settle as soon as possible. I want to be able to work during the day and have a good time at night. A good time to me means massage, eating, shopping, bars, clubs...girls. I don't mean picking up working girls, you get the picture.

I've done a little research and it seems like all the action is at Sukhumvit, but it can be quite expensive. I'll be looking for a 2 bed place for 1 month and then 1 bedroom for about 1.5 months after that.

The reason for this is so I can have the option of leaving or going across the border and getting another tourist visa. If I like the place I will obviously stay for a lot longer.

I'm into sport a lot. Am pretty open minded and can get rowdy when on the booze. I also have a brain in my head though, so would like to meet as many people as I can and learn the culture.

It's going to be a little tough initially as my friend is just here for a month and wants to party every day. I'm happy to do that as long as I am comfortable where i'm living and have everything sorted once he leaves.

My budget can't really go over 50,000 baht a month. In between the 30-40k would be ideal, but I really need to learn more about how much things cost.

I have been to Thailand once before, only for a holiday though and only spent 1 night in BKK.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to make it easy to give advice. I'm pretty outgoing etc.

Cheers guys,

Nick

You can have a great time at Phuket and Bangkok partying but don,t be rowdy or insulting to anyone , remember your a guest in Thailand and the Thai police don,t mess about , it,l always be your fault if they are called ! Keep ur wits about you and trust no one and you.l be ok . :) .

A good time to me means massage, eating, shopping, bars, clubs...girls. I don't mean picking up working girls, you get the picture.

I've done a little research and it seems like all the action is at Sukhumvit, but it can be quite expensive.

Doesn't sound like the type of action you're looking for is in Suhkumvit, at least the lower part. RCA, Thonglor, Ekkamai, Ratchada, Khao San, probably a bunch of other club areas I'm not up to date on.

Can someone point me in the right direction to finding the short term condo rental I'm looking for? Is my budget suffice for what I described? Is Sukhumvit right for me or somewhere else? If not, why?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it unreasonable to expect to be able to find a 2 bed place where I'm looking for 20k a month?

Hi,it is reasonable to find a very nice comfortable 2 bed place for around 20k! the problem you have is most are looking at renting for the long term ie 6 months plus,also most agencys want 1-3 months down payment as security.I am also looking for a place in Bangkok, i have e-mailed you with a contact a have come across,i have had no dealings with them as of yet though.

But they same reasonable.And it is a start for you!

Thanks for the link. Yeah I think I will run into trouble renting short term. Perhaps I will need to rent a 2 bedroom place for 3 months. The 2 month security deposit and 1 month in advance seems a bit rough, haha.

50,000 baht a month and want to party every night in BK.I dont think you have enough money for that mate.Also make certain you have a good quality mask for the smog and fumes,and be prepared to accept the nastiness and bitchiness from foreigners/expats,who seem a very strange type.

Thanks for the reply siggle.

Yeah it's mainly the first month that I will be partying a fair bit. Once I am there by myself I will be working a fair bit from the condo. I anticipate I will just go out on weekends and maybe one night during the week.

Doesn't always have to be big nights out on the piss, I just want to be active. If my budget doesn't permit I will just work more. I'm sure after the first couple of weeks the novelty of it will wear off and I won't go to the bars all the time.

Edited by Hazo