Thai Police On High Alert For Crime Against Teens On Valentine´s Day

webfact

I guess sexual crimes against young girls is what they are trying to prevent. Teenage pregnancies is a big problem in this country, and the guy almost always gets away with it, if it's rape or if he lures the girl into bed after a couple of drinks. Valentine's day is apparently a day when this flourishes more than other times of the year. A dinner, a couple of roses and off to bed to get "value for money", or just give her some winecooler and rape her in the backyard when she's drunk enough not to resist. Another teenage mother of a child with no father.

The reaction from the government is understandable, but I doubt that it helps much.

So members of BiB have been told to be alert. I have visions of members of the World's biggest criminal organisation (as labelled by the CIA so it must be true) asking farangs, "What is a lert?"

If anybody seriously thinks that it enters some lowlife's head that because it is Valentines Day he should go out and get some young lady pi$$ed before having his evil way with her, I suggest that they get psychiatric help.

Be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

Touche'

Thank you webfact. We need more posts like this one of yours - My husband is dyslexic and has a fear of forum posting for this very reason. Who are we to judge? If you can understand it, get on with it. If you can't, politely ask more questions to clarify (if you want) otherwise move on.

One thing I notice on this site is the constant whinging from expats living in Thailand about the government & police. You are lucky enough to live in Thailand but instead of being grateful for this opportunity, you bitch & moan. No one is asking you to live there so if you do not like it, return to your home country & then Thai policy will not affect you.

You are a guest in Thailand so quit your complaining. Your opinions on Thai policy have no importance whatsoever & the govt does not need to take your thoughts into consideration as you are not a citizen. I see no difference between whinging expats in thailand and immigrants in australia that whinge & expect australia to change it's ways to suit them.

When you ask to come & live in a country you should accept it the way it is as you asked to live there & it is not your birth right.

Be grateful and if you do not like the way your new country is run, leave. You won't be missed.

One thing I notice on this site is the constant whinging from expats living in Thailand about the government & police. You are lucky enough to live in Thailand but instead of being grateful for this opportunity, you bitch & moan. No one is asking you to live there so if you do not like it, return to your home country & then Thai policy will not affect you.

You are a guest in Thailand so quit your complaining. Your opinions on Thai policy have no importance whatsoever & the govt does not need to take your thoughts into consideration as you are not a citizen. I see no difference between whinging expats in thailand and immigrants in australia that whinge & expect australia to change it's ways to suit them.

When you ask to come & live in a country you should accept it the way it is as you asked to live there & it is not your birth right.

Be grateful and if you do not like the way your new country is run, leave. You won't be missed.

Dear Joker,

Could you please send this opinion to the huge number of people in the the United Kingdom who wish to change the structure and laws of the UK to suit there own beliefs. Then hear the scream of 'rascism, 'human rights', 'religious bigotry' etc.

I agree that we 'foreighners' should not express our opinions too vocally, we must try to influence matters in a more subtle way, take our MONEY and BUSINESS elsewhere, to countries where we are more welcome, where the governement actually wants to integrate with the rest of the world. Those of us that can of course, there are many, like me who are committed to Thailand who just have to 'go with the flow'.

Dear Joker,

Could you please send this opinion to the huge number of people in the the United Kingdom who wish to change the structure and laws of the UK to suit there own beliefs. Then hear the scream of 'rascism, 'human rights', 'religious bigotry' etc.

I agree that we 'foreighners' should not express our opinions too vocally, we must try to influence matters in a more subtle way, take our MONEY and BUSINESS elsewhere, to countries where we are more welcome, where the governement actually wants to integrate with the rest of the world. Those of us that can of course, there are many, like me who are committed to Thailand who just have to 'go with the flow'.

John and Joker. You are both right to a certain extent, therefore both wrong.

There are cracks in your logic. True, I am a guest here, like all of us. True, I never meddle in politics, not even in my own country. But even if I like living in Thailand, this does not mean I like everything. Or have to like everything.

Therefore, when I see shit,- I call it shit. When something stinks,- I don't say it smells. And when these things happen, I don't care if the opponents call me racist, fascist, ungrateful, a bigot or just plain farang dog. Cheers to both of you.

Be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

If only the grammatically correct are allowed to make comment, we would miss some very interesting (and amusing comments). On the topic in question, as a young man I don't remember allowing my testosterone free licence only on St Valentine's Day - boys will be boys and thank goodness the same applies to the lovely girls. :)

If only the grammatically correct are allowed to make comment, we would miss some very interesting (and amusing comments). On the topic in question, as a young man I don't remember allowing my testosterone free licence only on St Valentine's Day - boys will be boys and thank goodness the same applies to the lovely girls. :)

I think the reference is to age? There's a big diference between 13 and 19 so they should have made it clearer by stating "underage" rather than "teenage".

I love the messy English on this chat forum. Makes for fun reading sometimes!

Bbc news today showed a few hundred women in the floor-length black Jilbabs, gathered round a big pile of burning Valentine cards and childrens' home-made painted Valentine cards. Sort of scary watching the love-hearts & rainbows go up in flames.

BBc tagged it "In Pakistan, fundamentalist students condemned Valentine's Day as a day of shame and lust."

So then this news article was really all about paedophelia?

Why can't the Nation spell things out directly since their audience is a direct Western readership?

One thing I notice on this site is the constant whinging from expats living in Thailand about the government & police. You are lucky enough to live in Thailand but instead of being grateful for this opportunity, you bitch & moan.

Joker, a question for you. At what point do you draw the line for speech among expats, then? When a group of expats live in a foreign country, you obviously don't think they should be allowed much negative speech about the host. Then how much? Some? A little? Very little? None at all? Please, do explain.

I disagree, webfact, most spelling errors I do believe are made by native English speakers. In either case, why not to use the spelling checker?

It's just so annoying to read some completely unbelievable spelling errors. OK I'm not trying to hijack the thread but come on, you really believe on what you're stating here?

Non-native English speaker.

There's nothing wrong with the police putting in an extra effort to make sure that young people aren't being taken to hotels against their will or through deceit by one or two adults who have no business being in their company. What's so difficult to understand here?

Can you please explain how this extra effort would be applied? Will they be standing outside hotels, motels and rooms for rent by the hour checking on ID cards and sobriety? Will they be on the qui vivre for men frog marching or dragging young girls down dark alleys? Do get real.

I know of at least three rent by the hour establishments (each with ceiling mirrors and sex vids provided) in Pattaya that ae owned or controlled by senior policemen.

As for extra effort, the only effort I notice policemen making is collecting money from people on motorbikes for not wearing a helmet. Off topic I know, but enacting a law that invalidates any insurance policy by people not wearing a helmet or using a seatbelt would help, particularly if using the road uninsured attracted a fine of 1000 baht minimum.

I guess sexual crimes against young girls is what they are trying to prevent. Teenage pregnancies is a big problem in this country, and the guy almost always gets away with it, if it's rape or if he lures the girl into bed after a couple of drinks. Valentine's day is apparently a day when this flourishes more than other times of the year. A dinner, a couple of roses and off to bed to get "value for money", or just give her some winecooler and rape her in the backyard when she's drunk enough not to resist. Another teenage mother of a child with no father.

The reaction from the government is understandable, but I doubt that it helps much.

Wow, we have a winner! One in 53 responses who gets it. Keep up the level guys. And for the native English, that doesn't mean your duck. Er, sorry, dock.

Reminiscent of the seven days of danger back in western new year when all the drunken motorcyclists without party hats got pulled over for free coffees in a roadside tent, but at least it seems that they're doing their best to get the hang of western authoritarianism within the context of Theravada culture...

Your quotes on this thread and every other thread you have commented on make you sound like a very sick person indeed

Edited by dbaron

so much for love conquering all

Not long 'til Loy Kratong ...

It would be a long time if you are wanting to get into some girls knickers still if you have never been to Thailand "which it seems you haven't" I guess you could always do the 'chok wow thing' :D:)

Patience is a virtue,

Possess it if you can ...

Wanking is a action

Your patience and state of mind seems to prove it as you don't stop doing it!!!!!!

Could not agree more.

Very good comment, Dont't like it piss off

so much for love conquering all

Not long 'til Loy Kratong ...

It would be a long time if you are wanting to get into some girls knickers still if you have never been to Thailand "which it seems you haven't" I guess you could always do the 'chok wow thing' :D:)

lol