Bomb Attack At University Near Government House Aimed At Seeking Publicity: PM

webfact

It was ordered by the government, to put even more bad press against taksin and his crew, so the judges definately take is coin away.

Thailand is heading for a split, and will soon be like north korea and south korea, the north versus the south.

There are already major divides that are happening within the military and the people of Thailand.

Within the next 6-12 months prepare for a civil war.

WHY should the government do that?

The court will take Thaksins money and when the red are peaceful like they tell, why should the government need to do that????

Only Thaksin has interests in destabilizing Thailand.

But yes some would like the idea a Peoples Republic of Thailand in the North with dear leader Kim Ill Thaksin starting somewhere above Bangkok and central and southern Thailand.

Everyone would be happy...lets do it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prime Minister Abhisit told journalists Sunday he believed the bomber wanted to create unrest, saying that the target was likely to be either Government House or the nearby National Counter Corruption Commission Offices rather than the university.

Can someone explain how they could miss such a huge building if it was intended for it,or is it that these grenades are fired from such a long distance?

Classic mistake, grenade launcher in one hand som tam in the other :)

Oh come on... This is classic:

Problem (self created)

Reaction (blame it on someone)

Solution (have the infamous security laws on the day when the reds want to march with all those draconian devices like the sonic boom machine that can disperse people in a radius up to 2 KILOMETERS)

This regime would stop at nothing!

Look how the Nazis did it! They burnt down the Reichstag and blamed the commies...

the fish stinks from the head!

Same with those 6 bombs at Victory Monument last time, it's the show to have new legistlation passed and to have a boogie man... it's all them, yeah, there ya go

Sick of these fake games!

:)

Everyone needs a scapegoat it isn't just a problem here.

There has to be someone to blame and someone to hate.

The movie Arlington Road says it all.

It was ordered by the government, to put even more bad press against taksin and his crew, so the judges definately take is coin away.

Thailand is heading for a split, and will soon be like north korea and south korea, the north versus the south.

There are already major divides that are happening within the military and the people of Thailand.

WHY should the government do that?

The court will take Thaksins money and when the red are peaceful like they tell, why should the government need to do that????

Only Thaksin has interests in destabilizing Thailand.

But yes some would like the idea a Peoples Republic of Thailand in the North with dear leader Kim Ill Thaksin starting somewhere above Bangkok and central and southern Thailand.

Everyone would be happy...lets do it.

Oh my dear. This will not be the end, no it will not even be the beginning of the end. Where are my cigars. Oh my.

UPDATE

C4 bomb found inside Supreme Court's compound

A bomb assembled with C4 explosive and electronic circuit was found inside the compound of the Supreme Court Sunday morning. It was safely defused.

A security officer, Prakon Mahanet, 30, detected a one-litre juice box left under a tree. He was frightened to see electric wires inside so he alerted police.

Police used a water canon to destroy the circuit and disposed the explosive at 9:30 am.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-14

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I am curious about why the target was a University. It may be near Gov't house, but it isn't Gov't house.

Seems odd.

Yo are overlooking the fact that this concerns a projectile which is fired from distance. Logic dictates that the shooters aim might not have been all that accurate ? ? Thai artillery-experts are far & few between, believe you me !

From memory an M79 has a range of just under 500m. (I think it was 350m for point targets and 450 for group, but I could be wrong)

So, why the uni?

I think entry to the uni was easy, there was a concealed firing point with no security cameras, an easy escape, and the target was the government building.

In one of the reports they said the blast occurred just 50m short of the government building.

So it seems the firer was trying for that but just couldn't get close enough.

Doesn't really matter - I'm sure the point was not to kill someone but to cause a disturbance and landing 50m short still achieved that.

Very sad day when someone from whatever side thinks they need to fire grenades to achieve their political aims.

Can scratch that possibility off the list: he does very well making himself look bad without any help.

UPDATE

THAKSIN'S D-DAY

C4 explosives found in Supreme Court's compound

BANGKOK: -- Three pounds of C-4 explosives were found in a Supreme Court compound on Sunday, about two weeks before the court rules on whether to seize Thaksin Shinawatra's Bt76-billion assets.

Security guards of the court found the explosives tied to a paper box in a front yard of the court near Sanam Luang at about 9.30am.

Police were alerted and rushed to the scene. Bomb squads used high-pressure water gun to destroy the explosives which are intact.

Police sealed off the site and took away the explosives.

The Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions is scheduled to rule on February 26 whether to seize the Bt76-billion assets of convicted ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra or not.

This was the second incident taking place during this weekend which is linked to the Feb 26 D-Day for Thaksin.

On Saturday night, at about 11pm, an unidentified attacker fired an M79 grenade at Rajamangala University of Technology Phra Nakhon, about 50 metres from Government House.

The attack damaged four parked cars, a university roof and a pavilion, police said. No one was injured.

Police are investigating the possible firing location for the grenade launcher, and have not yet ruled whether the incident is connected to the ruling of the Thaksin's trial or not.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said Sunday he believed the bomber wanted to create unrest.

"The target was likely to be either Government House or the nearby National Counter Corruption Commission Offices rather than the university," he said.

Abhisit said those who have tried to create unrest won't get what they want to achieve. He warned those creating unrest to move within legal framework as it is the only way to solve problems.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-14

I guess the Red leader really did not mean what they said. "there will be only peaceful demonstrations"

I guess they were kidding again :)

Glad to see you have the only working magic mirror in Thailand and can know these facts. Seems others like this government and those that wish for bad publicity would need to do this as well. Then there is the possibility that it has nothing to do with ether. :D I guess that evidence and facts won't be needed by many. Please dissect the word assume.

It might be a really good idea if Farangs, with no idea about what is going on, keep their useless thoughts to themselves,whatever the red shirts are up to is no concern of theirs, unless it involves them.

This is thailand,and only the thai,s can sort out their problems,this problem of theirs has been going on for many, many years, so best stay out of it, i do not read or hear many thai,s making comments about the situation in the UK, with our unelected leader Mr Brown.

When the Thai,s have sorted out their problems then maybe they will have the right to comment on western problems, until then best we leave them to it.

The Nation coninues to do their best to incite more trouble !

Whatever to happened to unbiased reporting ??

The headline "THAKSIN'S D-DAY

C4 explosives found ..."

ther is no link other than possibility, or was the 'THAKSIN'S D-DAY' added by TV enthusiasts opposed to Thaksin .

Then " This was the second incident taking place during this weekend which is linked to the Feb 26 D-Day for Thaksin." followed shortly ( 4 lines later) by " .. have not yet ruled whether the incident is connected to the ruling of the Thaksin's trial or not. "

How do you reconcile these two statements in the same article ?

Too much bias and too much emotion !

Most of the people of Thailand love Thaksin. He is the LEGALLY ELECTED PM of THAILAND who was ousted by the opposition leaders with the help of the military. Popular vote elected him to office. The Thai military took over when Thaksin was out of the country on a trip. If you have been in Thailand long you would know that corruption is the norm here. All politicians are basically on the take.........and them calling Thaksin crooked is quite a joke.

The politicians should play nice, as all this unrest hurts this beautiful country & it's people. JMHO

Golly, everyone seems to know so much ... such keen insight!

I suppose I'm too naive to venture an opinion, so I'll just listen you all you wise men on this site.

would it make sense for you when you announce a major mob to plant c4 and grenades ahead?

Bomb planted at Thai court as Thaksin ruling looms: police

BANGKOK: -- (AFP) - Thai police said they had defused a bomb near the Supreme Court on Sunday, while a grenade exploded near government offices, ahead of a ruling this month on ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra's fortune.

Neither incident in central Bangkok caused casualties. But they occurred despite the deployment of at least 20,000 extra security personnel around Thailand ahead of the February 26 court verdict on ex-premier Thaksin, who lives in exile.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, who has faced mass protests from Thaksin supporters since coming to power in December 2008, accused anti-government elements of trying to stir up trouble.

"The motive is to cause turmoil. I am not swayed by this psychological warfare," Abhisit told reporters.

"The government is keeping an eye on movements because we have heard that a certain group of people would like to see the failure of the administration. We have always expected that."

Police said unidentified attackers fired a grenade late Saturday at a university located opposite Government House -- the office of Abhisit and his cabinet.

A car, a truck and a storage room were damaged by the grenade, said police Colonel Rangsan Pradittphon.

Early Sunday a security guard found a cardboard box containing three pounds (1.4 kilogrammes) of the plastic explosive C-4 attached to electric wire in the yard outside the Supreme Court building, police said.

Bomb disposal experts had removed the box, said district police chief General King Kwangvisatchaichan.

The Supreme Court is due to rule on whether the fortune of Thaksin -- frozen in the months after he was deposed in a military coup in 2006 -- can be seized by the authorities.

The government fears a backlash from pro-Thaksin "Red Shirts" if the court agrees to such a step. The movement has stepped up anti-government demonstrations ahead of the court date.

Despite staying abroad since August 2008, Thaksin remains a divisive figure in his homeland, still popular among the poor but reviled by the Bangkok-based elites.

Both his opponents -- the so-called "Yellow Shirts" -- and red-clad supporters have staged numerous rallies over the past year, which have sometimes turned violent.

afplogo.jpg

-- ©Copyright AFP 2010-02-14

Published with written approval from AFP.

Firstly, these incidents are laughable in their amateurishness- at least the Nazi's had the good sense to burn their entire Parliament to the ground before they blamed it on the Communists.

But let us review the two incidents-

1. An M79 grenade, supposedly aimed at the Parliament House or the NACC headquarters, flies over 50m off target and lands in a university. Meaning either someone totally untrained in the use of a launcher or that it wasn't intended for either target at all.

2. A bomb in a juice box outside a fence, miraculously discovered by a security guard (read: tip off) and then "disposed of with a water cannon." A plastic explosive in a juice box (ie. a sealed container) that a water cannon managed to "defuse." Hmmm, so much for those high-tension scenes we see in the movies where they fuss over blue-or-red-wires... when all they needed was a garden hose!

In the interests of fairness/balance/impartiality/journalistic integrity, over half of all the stories are dedicated to linking the incidents to the Thaksin assets case, solidly linking them to the Red Shirts without so much as a reasoned argument, let alone any proof. And many of you seem to be eating it right up.

//deleted by Admin//

I think it's clear from the Bangkok press coverage and Abhisit's immediate and unconditional leveling of blame what the establishment wants Thai's to think. So confident of the gullibility of their followers are they that they don't even have feel the need to stage an investigation anymore.

Prove them wrong, Red-haters.

I am curious about why the target was a University. It may be near Gov't house, but it isn't Gov't house.

Seems odd.

Check out what peaceful warrior said. We only have assumptions at the moment and probably always will. The usual rush to draw conclusions.

Why did the source sentsationalise it by writing it was " near government house" . It is also true that it was near a seven eleven :)

The German analogy may or may not be apt but I'm glad it was mentioned. Goebbels knew a thing or two about use of propaganda.

caf

Seems odd.

The person that fired the weapon, had not completed training. He will be recycled back to the next class. Cadets must be tought to do it correct.

UPDATE

Thai police bomb experts defuse explosive device at Supreme Court

gallery_327_1086_12.jpg

BANGKOK: -- (TNA) - Police bomb experts Sunday defused an explosive device hidden within a cardboard carton at Thailand's Supreme Court Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions, according to police.

Alerted by a Supreme Court security guard at 9.30am that a box wrapped with electrical wire was found near the court, police then rushed to scene sprayed water at the box which contained some 3 pounds of C4 explosive. If detonated, the bomb could damage people and buildings within a 50 metre radius.

Police later removed parts of the explosive for investigation and probed the motive behind the incident.

Supreme Court judges are scheduled to hand down their verdict on February 26 regarding the assets of fugitive ousted former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's, some Bt76.6 billion, were accumulated illegally while he was in office.

Mr Thaksin was ousted in a bloodless coup in September 2006.

Sunday's bomb defusing followed an unidentified bomber firing an M79 grenade at Rajamangala University of Technology Phra Nakhon, about 50 metres from Government House, at 11pm Saturday.

Sunday afternoon police said the attacker fired the grenade from a vehicle on Rama V Road, about 200 metres from where the bomb exploded. He had intended to hit Government House, but the bomber missed his target as the projectile fell inside the university, damaging four cars parked

at a faculty building and the roof of a pavilion. The bomber is still at large, police said.

Both incidents took place despite tightened security measures by police and army security personnel ahead of the final verdict which will be handed down on frozen assets of Mr. Thaksin and his family. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-02-14

Oh come on... This is classic:

Problem (self created)

Reaction (blame it on someone)

Solution (have the infamous security laws on the day when the reds want to march with all those draconian devices like the sonic boom machine that can disperse people in a radius up to 2 KILOMETERS)

This regime would stop at nothing!

Look how the Nazis did it! They burnt down the Reichstag and blamed the commies...

the fish stinks from the head!

Same with those 6 bombs at Victory Monument last time, it's the show to have new legistlation passed and to have a boogie man... it's all them, yeah, there ya go

Sick of these fake games!

WOW!! Pretty astute observation for a "joined 2009 /06". I'm guessing you got your own crystal ball. Please tell us more about what's going on.

...or was the 'THAKSIN'S D-DAY' added by TV enthusiasts opposed to Thaksin...

Nothing to do with anybody fond of watching television, judging from this screenshot of The Nation online:

post-88861-1266139789_thumb.png

Thanks for showing that it was direct from the Nation -- by the way, I was not talking about television -- I was talking about TV ( ThaiVisa) enthusiasts opposed to Thaksin -- sometimes known as TV ( Thaksin Vilifiers )

UPDATE

Bomb disposal squad defuses 3-lb bomb on lawn at Supreme Court Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions

source: MCOT-NEWS

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-02-14

WHY???? Are they reporting this in an ancient measuring system that almost no-one uses any more?