Any Tips On Hiring A Speedboat?

Butterbean

Hi,

We went to Koh Larn on the ferry today from Bali Hai pier.

I quite like the ferry as it's nice and relaxing but my two young sons and my girlfriend were looking at the speedboats whizzing by with envy in their eyes!

Does anyone know the best place to hire one from? Do you just walk up to one on Pattaya beach and strike a deal? If so, how much should I be looking at paying? We'd normally leave at 11'ish and return at 4'ish.

The first year we came over (1999) we hired a speedboat and they took us to a tiny island, caught us fish and cooked us lunch. The snorkerling was the best I've ever experienced. I can't remember where this island was though or where it was booked, etc...

Any advice on hiring a speedboat and different options would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Gary

Several times I hired a speed boat. Right across from the Hard Rock Hotel. I recommend the Popeye boat. I have also used the ferry. Ferry was OK, but seemed to be some disagreement on which beach or chairs I was allowed to sit on once we got to the island.

First trip way back in 2004 was the best. North side of island was the general side. Smallish beach. Basic Thai menu was available. Rice and shrimps was just fine. paid 1500 baht then. Went again in 2007. Paid 1600 with me and my friend and his girlfriend.