Unfurnished Apartment/condo In Bangkok

newlife

Hello all

I would appreciate to get your input on this. I will move to Bangkok in October. How easy is it to find an unfurnished 1 or 2 bedroom apartment or a condo in Bangkok? I know that Metro Park rents their condos unfurnished.

Thank you for your advice.

until you see Gerwin's prices. Way Way above market value. most of his properties are available with other agents for 20-40% less than the Gerwin rental list price. Really ridiculous.

I am not recommending any agent at all. Just do your market research before you pick one. Of course the agent gets 1 month rental for commission for introducing a client so it's in their best interest to have a very high rental price.

Edited by negreanu

until you see Gerwin's prices. Way Way above market value. most of his properties are available with other agents for 20-40% less than the Gerwin rental list price. Really ridiculous.

I am not recommending any agent at all. Just do your market research before you pick one. Of course the agent gets 1 month rental for commission for introducing a client so it's in their best interest to have a very high rental price.

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, this is what I will do.

Was looking to move to LOS in summer low season 2010.. stay for one year.... I would like to find apt./condo in the 7000-9000 range. looking for ac, something not more than 10 min walk to bts, a small stove for cooking and a pool... an elevator would be nice for moving stuff in is this possible at that price? In lieu of economic situation combined with low seaon was hoping this would be fairly easy?

What ares should i look at? Don't mind a 10-20 min jaunt to night life areas of sukhumvit, so would like to keep the radius within those parameters. Also know a big city is a big city but want areasare considered relatively safe?

Thanks

I moved here in July last year, and spent a week reviewing the various flats available. I had a generous budget so saw a lot of premium buildings. There is an enormous choice available and "furnished" appartments usually have crap for furniture, so if you like the place you can always have them take out the "crap".

Take your time as a lot depends on where you will work or have your daily activity, traffic is really bad. The service appartments are a good option when you arrive, you can take your time looking and live relatively good and inexpensive.

I live in Sathorn in an furnished place (condo), but had them take out all and brought my own stuff.

I moved here in July last year, and spent a week reviewing the various flats available. I had a generous budget so saw a lot of premium buildings. There is an enormous choice available and "furnished" appartments usually have crap for furniture, so if you like the place you can always have them take out the "crap".

Take your time as a lot depends on where you will work or have your daily activity, traffic is really bad. The service appartments are a good option when you arrive, you can take your time looking and live relatively good and inexpensive.

I live in Sathorn in an furnished place (condo), but had them take out all and brought my own stuff.

Hey Femmie.... yes if i spend 20000-30000 seems sky's the limit... I think your assment of crap furniture is fairly accurate for lower price rentals. However, I'm abit unclear on your response. Is 7000- 9000 possible based on what I was looking for? If you don't mind me asking what are u paying per month, how many square meters, do u like the location? If i wanted to buy some furniture suggestions as to where i might do so reasonably?

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes. I think I will do it in exactly the same way.

Hey Femmie.... yes if i spend 20000-30000 seems sky's the limit... I think your assment of crap furniture is fairly accurate for lower price rentals. However, I'm abit unclear on your response. Is 7000- 9000 possible based on what I was looking for? If you don't mind me asking what are u paying per month, how many square meters, do u like the location? If i wanted to buy some furniture suggestions as to where i might do so reasonably?

Sorry wetface, was not replying to your post that contains specific amounts, but to the OP and more about how to chekc for a place. My rent is way out of the range you are mentioning, but we look for something completely different.

I went out of town to buy some furniture, but even though I spent a fair amount, I still got relatively bad quality but for a premium price.

In other words, I cannot answer you, I am sorry.