New Firefox 1.0.3 Vulnerabilities

george

I think a better solution is the other one the article says...

2) Disable software installation: Options --> Web Features --> "Allow web sites to install software"

Doing that would break virtually nothing, while javascript is essential for a substantial number of websites (hotmail and gmail, for example) and so you don't really want to disable it unless really necessary. :o

2) Disable software installation: Options --> Web Features --> "Allow web sites to install software"

Doing that would break virtually nothing, while javascript is essential for a substantial number of websites (hotmail and gmail, for example) and so you don't really want to disable it unless really necessary. :o

I disabled both.... so will it be ok to re-enable Java Script..?

totster

totster

It seems like yes it will be, provided that in Options --> Web Features --> "Allow web sites to install software" you haven't added any other sites other than the default mozilla.org ones . :D

totster

It seems like yes it will be, provided that in Options --> Web Features --> "Allow web sites to install software" you haven't added any other sites other than the default mozilla.org ones . :D

Thanks for the advice... :D

totster :D

I've tried twice to use FF 1.0.3 and both times I had the same problem - when I select text and right-click, I get a massively long menu, so long that it's not even possible to get to the top. Even the scroll arrows at the top and bottom of the menu are not on the screen.

So I'm back to 1.0.2, and waiting for 1.0.4.