Did You Get Fat Or Lose Weight?

ZRilla

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who are living in Thailand or who have visited for an extended period of time, did the Thai food and the Thai lifestyle add to your waistline or did you lose weight?

My waistline is exploding everytime in Bkk. I gained 3-5 kg :D:o

Thai (eating) lifestyle has no limit. Helppppp :D

I gainned 20kgs i think.  It's not the food, it's the pollution.

Pollution fattening? :D

Much of tha food is very fattening, especially rice and noodles with are very very high in carbohydrates. Even the fruits are fattening :D

I've gained tons here over the years :o

I loose weight.

I eat like a horse trying to put some on but I am still 5kgs under weight.

I moved out of the city last month and into the countryside.

They is much less pollution there. I am worried now. :o

I put on nearly 20 kgs over the 8 years here, Its only in the last 3 months that I have lost 15 kgs, so Im now 5kgs over than when I arrived. Rice is fattening if your just sitting around and doing minimal excercise. 30 min a day on the treadmill and an hours weights will shred those pounds. :o

I have lost weight on every trip.

Just got back to the UK went out at 102 kilos. 2 months later returned at 94 Kilos

Eat about 85% Thai food when I'm there.Usually eat only two meals a day plus some fruit.I just don't feel as hungry in Thailand which is great as I put weight on too easily in England.Its a very different life style for me in Thailand.Much more active and the heat certainly helps burn off those cals.Just wish I could sell my house and move over more permanently. I would easily get down to 80 kilos and stay there.

6 month Bkk, mostly eating thai food.

outcome: HASIP-HASIP

loosing muscle :D

gaining fat :D

back in europe now and increasing my workout in double sessions just to have my body back into original good shape.

returining to asia again by nov .... same story, I am sure, will happen again and again and again :o

Yeah you've got to be.. In Eugene O.R. I manage to stay slim even though I eat like a hog 24/7. Now that I'm back in this very polluted part of BKK, my metabolism got totally screwed up. I get to walk alot there, but I suppose Thailand is generally too hot for that much walking, unless, you are like this Harvard student I met years back--He trekked/ran the length of Isan into Laos. That didn't seem to have much of an impact on his weight,, but he sure did get the burns.

Anyways, many Eugenians believe that it's getting really polluted there, and yes folks there are also gaining weight... So it's probably just in the mind--mind pollution!

A little bit of self-hypnotizing each day should do some good some day. I think there's still hope for the horizontally-growing bangkokians. As for hyperactive metabolizers, perhaps potatoes could do you some good.

I loose weight.

I eat like a horse trying to put some on  but I am still 5kgs under weight.

They is much less pollution there.  I am worried now.  :o

I love food and Singha and when I arrived back from 3 mths in the YUK I was 92 KG. Now with my special beer and 1 meal a day at lunchtime diet I'm down to 81. Not a lot of rice and more fish and veg. No carbohydrates or prawns and squid etc due to cholesterol. My only real carboh. intake is through beer....great if it works!

Yeah you've got to be.. In Eugene O.R. I manage to stay slim even though I eat like a hog 24/7.  Now that I'm back in this very polluted part of BKK, my metabolism got totally screwed up.  I get to walk alot there, but I suppose Thailand is generally too hot for that much walking, unless, you are like this Harvard student I met years back--He trekked/ran the length of Isan into Laos.  That didn't seem to have much of an impact on his weight,, but he sure did get the burns. 

Anyways, many Eugenians believe that it's getting really polluted there, and yes folks there are also gaining weight... So it's probably just in the mind--mind pollution!

A little bit of self-hypnotizing each day should do some good some day.  I think there's still hope for the horizontally-growing bangkokians.  As for hyperactive metabolizers, perhaps potatoes could do you some good.

I miss Eugene terribly. What a great place it was in the 70's and 80's. Excellent school, plus fern ridge resevoir and Mcredie & Cougar hot Springs, 3 sisters, Gull Haven on the coast, The Renaissance Faire, Whitebird Clinic, Eugene Switchboard, the Saturday Market, the Hoedads, Green Tortoise.....

Thanks for the memories... :o

When I came here travelling, I would always lose weight in Thailand because of walking a lot and staying out of the aircon environments. Also would only order one plate of food for each meal.

Now that I live here I spend most of my days in aircon, walk as little as possible and share three-four dishes with my GF for every meal, and eat buttered toast in the morning - result - 7 kgs plus, and counting...

:D If only my wife could go out and order only a couple of dishes when we go out to eat, am sure that my weight would go down. As large as I am, and not that I would want to, I simply cannot eat any thing like the volume of food that my beloved can. One meal a day plus some fruit is quite sufficient for my needs. :o

For those of you who are living in Thailand or who have visited for an extended period of time, did the Thai food and the Thai lifestyle add to your waistline or did you lose weight?

In Thailand I eat all I want and never put on a pound. Back in the States if I don't watch it I get easily put the pounds on. I think it is all the vegatable and fresh food vrs in the State half the stuff is deeped fried or frozen.

In Thailand I eat all I want and never put on a pound. Back in the States if I don't watch it I get easily put the pounds on. I think it is all the vegatable and fresh food vrs in the State half the stuff is deeped fried or frozen.

yeah, it's really a shame we can't get fresh food and vegatable in the States. :o:D

yeah, it's really a shame we can't get fresh food and vegatable in the States. :D:D

:D

totster :o

Yeah you've got to be.. In Eugene O.R. I manage to stay slim even though I eat like a hog 24/7.  Now that I'm back in this very polluted part of BKK, my metabolism got totally screwed up.  I get to walk alot there, but I suppose Thailand is generally too hot for that much walking, unless, you are like this Harvard student I met years back--He trekked/ran the length of Isan into Laos.  That didn't seem to have much of an impact on his weight,, but he sure did get the burns. 

A little bit of self-hypnotizing each day should do some good some day.  I think there's still hope for the horizontally-growing bangkokians.  As for hyperactive metabolizers, perhaps potatoes could do you some good.

I loose weight.

I eat like a horse trying to put some on  but I am still 5kgs under weight.

They is much less pollution there.  I am worried now.  :o

I don't gain weight in Thailand but I do gain weight when I go to the Country Fair...or at least I did when used to go there 15 or so years ago!!

You weren't one od the Ducks were you?

I love Eugene too, except for the moldy bathrooms in older apts.

Saturday Market, Sun Dance, homeless friends (we have many things in common, even though I was not technically homeless), yummy Alexander's Falafels, Holy Cow, The Kiwa, Hungry Heads, Tsunami, fresh green air, great bus drivers, and yeah the Green T. Winter rain can be quite depressing though, esp when you have to deal with moldy bathrooms.

Any way for my mom it is the best place on earth, cuz she was only there in the summer.

I miss Eugene terribly. What a great place it was in the 70's and 80's. Excellent school, plus fern ridge resevoir and Mcredie & Cougar hot Springs, 3 sisters, Gull Haven on the coast, The Renaissance Faire, Whitebird Clinic, Eugene Switchboard, the Saturday Market, the Hoedads, Green Tortoise.....

Thanks for the memories... :o

:D [YOU CAN ALWAYS GET THE purest FRUITS AND VEGGIES IN EUGENE:).. But i still think Australian fruits and veggies are the freshest, though there's no denying that the varieties of fruits found here in LOS taste excellent esp jack fruit.

quote=Popeyethesailorman,2005-05-15 03:44:48]

yeah, it's really a shame we can't get fresh food and vegatable in the States. :o:D