2 Bed Condo/town House For Less Than 17k Baht A Month?

windosill

Hello,

I've been offered a job at an international school in Bangkok, but the housing allowance is only 17,000 Baht a month. This is fine if you are single, but I am married with 2 kids and need a minimum of 2 bedrooms.

Does anyone know of any housing in this price range? I am in Bangkok for a couple of days before I return to my current job in Vietnam. I am looking for somewhere that my 4 year old son can ride his bike around in the evenings, etc.

Also, my son is half-Thai, but he does not see his mother anymore and my wife now is not Thai. I would be taking a pay-cut to come here from Vietnam, but I think it's important that he learns Thai whilst he is young - so I am also looking at Thai townhouse areas of the city. Does anyone know of any within sensible travelling distance of the Sky Train?

I previously lived in Pattaya and rented a Thai style townhouse in a Thai area for about 6,000 Baht a month (I know it will be a lot more in Bangkok), which was great because my son had lots of friends to play outside with - but I can not find the same sort of house/community in Bangkok.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

I think it would help if you could be a tad bit more specific of which part of town you'll be working in. You indicated that you want to be near the BTS, but I really don't think you'll want to ride it all the way from one end to the other every day.

Congrats on the job!

Edited by tonititan

Check out Sukhumvit Soi 10, name of the condo is Sukhumvit Park.

They have 2 bedrooms/1 bath for 22000. I know its slightly above your range, but excellent location, close to Asok, Nana, Tops supermarket and Foodland, as well as vILLA.

Have a nice park to take kids 100 meters away.

If need more info, pm me

As mentioned before, you need to be a little more specific in relation to what area you will be working in. I rent a three bed townhouse in Lad Phrao, in a very quiet Moo Ban which is close to MRT and easily within that price range.

That's great. I can't be much more specific because I am not allowed to give away the name of the school because I have mentioned how much their housing allowance is. A Moo Ban is exactly what I'm looking for. Do you have the name of the Moo Ban then I can Google it?

Thanks,

As mentioned before, you need to be a little more specific in relation to what area you will be working in. I rent a three bed townhouse in Lad Phrao, in a very quiet Moo Ban which is close to MRT and easily within that price range.

That's great. I can't be much more specific because I am not allowed to give away the name of the school because I have mentioned how much their housing allowance is. A Moo Ban is exactly what I'm looking for. Do you have the name of the Moo Ban then I can Google it?

Thanks,

:) Are you serious? I really doubt it's a school security issue! I think you're taking things a little too seriously. If you are that paranoid, then just give the name of the general area of the school. That way people can give you more specific advice.

Good luck.

Thanks,

:D Are you serious? I really doubt it's a school security issue! I think you're taking things a little too seriously. If you are that paranoid, then just give the name of the general area of the school. That way people can give you more specific advice.

Good luck.

you can tell us the general area of town where the school is without naming it? if not, remind me not to send my kid to your school. :D

edit to add, this sounds like a very American thing so let me guess you will be working at an American International School. :)

Edited by bkkjames

edit to add, this sounds like a very American thing so let me guess you will be working at an American International School. :)

Yes, he must, because Americans only work at American International Schools...nowhere else. :D

no more to do with paranoia of giving out the name of the school for security reasons I would imagine. :D

Yes, he must, because Americans only work at American International Schools...nowhere else. :D

no more to do with paranoia of giving out the name of the school for security reasons I would imagine. :D

He never said it was for "security reasons"....other poster used the phrase "school security." The OP just said he was not allowed to give out the name of the school after stating the housing allowance. I get where he's coming from. Many schools don't like to publicize their benefits details. The guy hasn't even accepted the job. I can understand not giving specifics before he's even an employee.

Not always true, I know of one who works at one that is not. She is from Calif and teaches at one of the chinese schools.