'superbyke' Products In Thailand

sadman

I've been riding in the UK (and all over Europe) for over 30 years, but the onset of age and arthritis has brought on pain, meaning that it's no fun anymore. I've bought myself a Superbyke buggy - looks a bit like a beach buggy, drives like a car but is powered by an 1100cc m/c engine. It's road legal in the UK and is huge fun.

As I spend several months a year in LOS, I want to buy one to keep at my house in Phuket. I can import one from the UK, but the costs are prohibitive - and anyway, the things are made in China, so it makes more sense to buy one in LOS. The next issue is - where on earth can I get one?

I searched the forum but the only reference to Superbyke was someone who in 2008 said he was setting up in Samui. I've tried contacting him but the email is never answered.

Any help would be much appreciated.

sadman, if made in China then possibly not too difficult to get it imported into Thailand without CRAZY import taxes etc though I would guess it's almost impossible to get it registered and road legal, not sure how important that is in Phuket as I believe unregistered atv/quad bikes are on the road there? ( possibly just the touristy areas? )

Have you considered a Polaris Ranger ( google it for pics ) as I do know where to get them, but again, would not be registered for the road!

Saw a Can Am Sypder in Canada with a seat that looked more like a Recaro race car seat than something for a motorcycle. This was for the front seat, not the pillion spot, and looked very high end. I quick google search showed some options from Corbin, but they look nothing like what I saw on Vancouver Island. Just an idea cause they are available here, but the buggy sure looks like more fun!