Thai Immigration To Collect Global Arrest Warrants In New Online System

george

Don't worry about this system, UK will not release its arrest data information to overseas, due to Data Protection Act, when UK issue a Euro Warrant, it is submitted to europol. For international warrants they still have to be extradition orders which are filed through the British Embassy to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. And according to sources there are only 8 extradition orders from the UK.

UK will not give information out about domestic arrest warrants, as this breaks data protection laws and international laws. And the arrest warrant is only valid in the UK.

For the UK warrant to become valid abroad, they have to apply through the Home Office, and to Thailand they need 100% evidence to Extradite you, and cannot just extradite just on hearsay.

And it still has to be filed via the British Embassy in Bangkok to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

So if its just minor offences for theft, shoplifting, minor fraud etc, you will not be extradited.

If the offences include aggravated features, drug smuggling, drug dealing, rape, child offences, assault, manslaughter or murder you can guarantee the police will be looking for you, that is if an extradition order has been filed.

80% of failed to appear in court cases, never get extradited, and just wait till you get processed through the criminal system again.

Easiest way out of this is to change your name by statory declaration before June 2011, and change your british passport. After this date all name changes will be recorded against all government databases for Identification purposes.

And for those who had funds swiped under POCA who have not been to court, and its nearly 6 years. Write to your bank saying the POCA order has now expired and you want your funds returning, due to no arrests or court appearances. And mention that you will take legal action. Address it to the compliance manager at the branch. Guaranteed within 14 days you'll get your money back.

I helped a lad get over 400K back, and he gave me 25k for helping him.

Yes I have legal knowledge.

You seem to be well versed on all the twists and turns on the darker side of life and then............you even have legal knowledge - h-m-m-m-m-m :) Must get to know you sometime, just in case they find out about my speeding fine in Spain - o-o-ps did I say that!! :D

The criminals move to cambo or paraguay

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would probably now be a stroke of genesis for Thailand to upgrade their broadband internet connection nationwide. Lots of illegal crap goes undetected under the radar of outdated technology. Its about time they started thinking smart to close that back door on the perverts. Good on them. :)

Nuff said!

Don't worry about this system, UK will not release its arrest data information to overseas, due to Data Protection Act, when UK

A most informative post! Thank you, sir! :)

Many countries have a sex offender list already which is available to the public so they'll be able to access those. Good bang the b_stards up!

Pattaya would be a good place to start. Although I've only been there once and will probably never go there again, it is one of the seediest places I've ever been. Just an observation... :)

Apparently you have never been to Phuket. It is a shit hole that makes Pattaya look good.

What part of Phuket, Patong? Or Phuket City? I actually live on the southern tip of the island, it's not seedy and the water is a lot cleaner than Pattaya. Yes I've been to Cambodia, but I went to see Angor Wat, I went to Pattaya with my GF and I don't really want or need to see the seediest places in south east Asia! Thanks anyway!

If the BIB spent as much time catching criminals as they do devising plans to relieve foreigners of cash, there might be some hope for this country. As it is, this is just another plan for Pattaya BIB to extort money from Pattaya foreign residents.

I don't think catching criminals matters, but I agree with you on the second part; whether it is the intention or not this must be the effect. This could be an untapped source of 'Suplementary Direct Taxation' and morally less questionable than normal sources because no Thai law has been broken.

Seems like a win/win situation.

Even being as 'pure as the driven snow', one does have some concern for accuracy of information and lack of accountability, which the 'computer age' has heralded in. The 'revenue computer' in UK is issueing erroneous codings merrily and the officials know all about it, but continue to reassure us that all will be well provided we keep them informed of errors, effectively doing their jobs for them, while they trouser huge salaries. The police computers and police are presumably no better.

The Thai Government just released the 5 caught with a plane load of weapons. Now if that is not a serious crime then what would be considered serious.

I think that if the BIB can make some money out of this then they will go for it, otherwise why would they bother.

I would expect they want to cooperate so they can get some trips into Europe or the USA on a fact finding mission, all expense paid, and also figure out how to contract this work to one of the family members.

I think there are many more Thai criminals in Pattaya than Falangs.

name one place in the world (with the exception of cities in war torn nations and those in extreme poverty) where these things are as rife, and as easy-to-come-by for the average 'Joe'? Before you say Cambodia (with which I would have to agree), think about the 'types of tourist' and the shear numbers that visit Pattaya...well worth toning down the rough underbelly don't you think?

Exactly.....

Let's see Bangkok, Phuket.....Hamburg, Amsterdam, Rio, Bogota, Mexico City (any border down in Mexico), New Orleans, Saigon, Rangoon for starters. I could go on, but as I said these places make Pattaya look quite good.

Cambodia - Phnom Penh been there a few times, but really didnt see much out in the open, so to speak. However heard stories of bent coppers, pedo(s) ect and luckily nothing first hand.

Only a matter of time before there will be no where to hide in the world. All the governments will be connected. Of course the honest folks have nothing to fear but it seems we are getting closer and closer to Orwell's 1984 where pervasive government surveillance is the rule. I am happy that some of the scum will be dealt with but fearful of government control over every aspect of our lives.

You truly believe in fairytales. The honest folks have nothing to fear..... Hmmm when did you came out of your egg? Honest folks have lots to fear, only lots of those are very ignorant or simply naif.

I tghink of Ronald Biggs song with the sex pistols;

"No One is Innocent"

Don't worry about this system, UK will not release its arrest data information to overseas, due to Data Protection Act, when UK issue a Euro Warrant, it is submitted to europol. For international warrants they still have to be extradition orders which are filed through the British Embassy to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. And according to sources there are only 8 extradition orders from the UK.

UK will not give information out about domestic arrest warrants, as this breaks data protection laws and international laws. And the arrest warrant is only valid in the UK.

For the UK warrant to become valid abroad, they have to apply through the Home Office, and to Thailand they need 100% evidence to Extradite you, and cannot just extradite just on hearsay.

And it still has to be filed via the British Embassy in Bangkok to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

So if its just minor offences for theft, shoplifting, minor fraud etc, you will not be extradited.

If the offences include aggravated features, drug smuggling, drug dealing, rape, child offences, assault, manslaughter or murder you can guarantee the police will be looking for you, that is if an extradition order has been filed.

80% of failed to appear in court cases, never get extradited, and just wait till you get processed through the criminal system again.

Easiest way out of this is to change your name by statory declaration before June 2011, and change your british passport. After this date all name changes will be recorded against all government databases for Identification purposes.

And for those who had funds swiped under POCA who have not been to court, and its nearly 6 years. Write to your bank saying the POCA order has now expired and you want your funds returning, due to no arrests or court appearances. And mention that you will take legal action. Address it to the compliance manager at the branch. Guaranteed within 14 days you'll get your money back.

I helped a lad get over 400K back, and he gave me 25k for helping him.

I guess this blows your theory out of the water.

He said officials are currently closely monitoring Europeans from France, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom; Asians from Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore and South Korea; as well as those from Russia and the United States for whether they have entered Thailand legally, have obeyed the law and are not hiding from authorities at home.

Only a matter of time before there will be no where to hide in the world. All the governments will be connected. Of course the honest folks have nothing to fear but it seems we are getting closer and closer to Orwell's 1984 where pervasive government surveillance is the rule. I am happy that some of the scum will be dealt with but fearful of government control over every aspect of our lives.

i agree wholeheartedly

I think there are many more Thai criminals in Pattaya than Falangs.

Whilst you are correct in this statement, if there is even one criminal "falang" in Thailand then it is one too many.

These a***holes immigrate to a country and then usually continue committing crimes in their adopted countries.

Even falangs who did not live in crime before seem to think it is okay to make a living out of the women in Thailand selling their bodies. Now there are Thai bar/brothel/massage parlors owners too but they at least were born there.

In my opinion these falang pimps should be booted back to their home countries and also outed as the scum that they are

Yeah but will "the global sytsem" snag, prosocute and jail those at the top of the political and LEA spectrum(s) who abuse power and steal a nations or communities wealth, same-same for the filthy rich who got rich through criminal activity or will the system snare those little fishies who forgot to pay parking tickets 10 years ago? [Yawn] ... [non-stop yawn-yawn] me tinks naaaaaaw on da'whales fishies and yes-yes fill jails with minnows until they die waiting for justice or kill them to make more room ... oh wait, it's already like that :)

MaiThaiMai

:D:D:D

i agree wholeheartedly

But if Thailand implements the system like they are implementing 3G, the new system is years and years and years away.

If this was true it would be a good thing. However, some colonel spouting off about an international intuitive to somehow take delivery of vaporware to catch criminals on the run in Thailand is just so much BS. Linking theses computer systems and complying with the international rule of law and maintaining security regrettably impossible here.

If a criminal maintains a low profile he has about no chance of being caught up in Thailand. Very sad state of affairs.

It would probably now be a stroke of genesis

A stroke of Genesis? When did Immigration get all biblical on us?

We knew what he meant, we knew what he meant, its not what he said but we knew what he meant :)

Hahaha :D ...genius isn't far from insanity and spelling errors can possibly be a stroke of insanity. Nevertheless, it is an insane idea for the Thai gov't to track illegal activity with the outdated network in place nationally at the present. The world is connected with advanced technology but the Thai gov't will have to come up to speed if they expect to be effective with their expectations. :D

Seems perfectly apt to me.

First Genesis, then Exodus.

Well, this scares the shit out of me. Can anybody tell me if I have anything to worry about in the short or long term?

I am 'wanted' on a misdemeanor charge in California. I spit on somebody and they pressed charges calling it battery. I was just visiting for a wedding at the time and promptly came back to Thailand, ignoring my responsibilities to go to court etc. It is such a minor matter I figure I'll just deal with it whenever I go back to California again. The bail on it is just $2,500 (very low) and it is listed as a 'can cite' warrant - meaning that if I come in contact with law enforcement in the US they can give me a citation to appear in court, they do not have to arrest me. So if picked up in Florida, for instance, if they somehow discovered this warrant there is basically no chance they would extradite me over it and probably wouldn't even take me into custody.

If Immigration picks up on this are they likely to deny my Visa extension and/or actually deport me....?

YES.

For you and others like you, your days are numbered.

Some of these posts prove that Thailand and other South East Asian countries have become a refuge for the world`s undesirables.

The sooner they implement this system, the better.

You even read what I wrote, idiot?

I'm not even an 'undesirable' in my own country, what makes me one here? It is a minor incident that I merely need to appear in court for, pay a fine and that will be that. Basically a step up from a jay-walking charge.

My post does not prove that Thailand has become a refuge for 'me and people like me'. I lived here long before this ever happened and was simply in California for a wedding when it happened. After the wedding a came back home.

Wipe some of that self righteous smegma out of your eyes and read next time you want to make some silly admonition of a whole group of people you know nothing about.

Well, this scares the shit out of me. Can anybody tell me if I have anything to worry about in the short or long term?

I am 'wanted' on a misdemeanor charge in California. I spit on somebody and they pressed charges calling it battery. I was just visiting for a wedding at the time and promptly came back to Thailand, ignoring my responsibilities to go to court etc. It is such a minor matter I figure I'll just deal with it whenever I go back to California again. The bail on it is just $2,500 (very low) and it is listed as a 'can cite' warrant - meaning that if I come in contact with law enforcement in the US they can give me a citation to appear in court, they do not have to arrest me. So if picked up in Florida, for instance, if they somehow discovered this warrant there is basically no chance they would extradite me over it and probably wouldn't even take me into custody.

If Immigration picks up on this are they likely to deny my Visa extension and/or actually deport me....?

YES.

For you and others like you, your days are numbered.

Some of these posts prove that Thailand and other South East Asian countries have become a refuge for the world`s undesirables.

The sooner they implement this system, the better.

You even read what I wrote, idiot?

I'm not even an 'undesirable' in my own country, what makes me one here? It is a minor incident that I merely need to appear in court for, pay a fine and that will be that. Basically a step up from a jay-walking charge.

My post does not prove that Thailand has become a refuge for 'me and people like me'. I lived here long before this ever happened and was simply in California for a wedding when it happened. After the wedding a came back home.

Wipe some of that self righteous smegma out of your eyes and read next time you want to make some silly admonition of a whole group of people you know nothing about.

Agree with you YanTree ^^

Whilst I'm all up for nonce's and terrorists to get extradited/punished, the minor offenders I couldn't give a toss about.

I would like to implemnent a sysytem where one is extradited on charges of stupidity. The main perpetrators being the idiotic wannabe Thais that live here. Don't get me wrong I love it here, it's the "Im Bernie from Bradford, Ive been coming to Thailand for 20 years, have 2 Thai kids and a WP. Anyone who is not in this category is scum filth and should be banished from Thailand forever I am more Thai then a plate of Tom Yum Goong. :):D:D

Get rid of half of these idiots and we would all live in a better place.

You truly believe in fairytales. The honest folks have nothing to fear..... Hmmm when did you came out of your egg? Honest folks have lots to fear, only lots of those are very ignorant or simply naif.

Honest folks do have plenty to fear about this. There are already some horror stories regarding the new 'fast track' international arrest warrant which is now in use in Europe. People arrested on an international warrant for petty crimes are treated like terrorists and immediately sent to high security jails for months whilst awaiting extradition. I suspect this will be a massive failure and will pick up ordinary people with minor legal issues.

I wonder what kind of warrant information they have access to and what they will act on, for example warrants are issued in the UK by courts for non payment of council tax (property tax in the US). Would this be a good enough reason to arrest someone whilst they are on an extended holiday and then throw them in prison whilst they await an expensive extradition flight ? As strange as this might sound these warrants are often issued with the wrong persons name on it after they have vacated a property and moved elsewhere. Of course they are no longer liable for the tax as they don't live there but that hasn't stopped them hauling people before the courts on many occasions before, sometimes on cases which go back years.

Actually that part about the honest people being ok was meant tongue n cheek. You better believe I fear what is happening. I would not have made the reference to 1984 otherwise. Quite honestly I am very fearful of the liberties being taken here in the USA with "our rights". I no longer consider the USA the land of the free and home of the brave. Government at every level is intrusive in our lives. I could go on and on but surely you see my thinking now.

That is the true, before you were innocent till proven guilty, but now if someone accuse you of a crime, you have to prove you are innocent before you actually get charged.

Things are really getting different for everyone now, not more freedom unless you have permits (off course issued from the correspondent gov. department) and so on