Thai Court Denies Bail For 'Merchant Of Death', Victor Bout

webfact

The fact that these purchasers were US Agents should negate any terrorism charges. There was absolutely no danger that the weapons would have ever fallen into the wrong hands should a successful transaction have been completed. It sounds like he was baited, lured and entrapped to me.

It is just amazing the ideas idiots come up with. You have absolutely no knowledge of law enforcement procedures, international law, or the history of Mr Bout. Not only are you not informed at all, you apparently don't want to be. Stupidity may not be a choice, but ignornce sure is.

All the US is doing is trying to get rid of the competition! Pure supply and demand. Victor is most likely the thug he is purported to be so why not just try him here - or leave him to rot in piece. He no doubt is not enjoying Thai prison life!

But I can't help wondering why no one can remember endorsing the US as the self appointed police force for the world! Or even why we tolerate them! Robin Williams suggests they pull all US interference out of all foreign territories and I agree. Let the low level countries fight it out for themselves and stop interfering. Leave Islam to Islam let them stay within their own borders and sort out their own problems but that is wishful thinking because they have 'assets' the US wants. If people want to have guns then let the supply dwindle and then we may see some changes. As long as the US manufactures weapons (along with many other countries) the human race will continue to use force because they can!

A one off arms dealer is only the thin edge of the wedge. One finger points forward and three are still pointing back at the accuser so who is to blame?

Now this statement will put the cat amongst the pigeons! :)

so why is it that only the USA thinks it can sell weapons?

Something like so they can have the monopoly on weapons sales, but couched in "freedom and homeland security" lingo.

In capitalism everyone has the right to prosperity and Russia and elsewhere have some good deals to offer on arms. So, the US should honor their credo of capitalism and not take offense to such entrepreneurship.

Of course I am a pacifist, and wholeheartedly disagree with arms as a whole, but ethically the US has no right to act the way it does with its false ethical standpoint when it comes to non-US involved weapons trade/deals..

I have often wondered why the US has assumed this authority of global cop/dicktator.

Signed,

An American Patriot in the Mark Twain sense of the word

You claim to be a patriot. More likely a wacko. Please do not falsify the facts. The US has is just one of many countries that tevelops arms and markets and sells them to others countries for their defense (US, Russia , Belgium, UK, France Italy,Israel...). An enterprise that develops and sell arms to terrorist organizations is just an extension of the terrorists. We should all hope that reasonable nations will continue to regulate the sales of arms with laws and people and rogue countries what violate the law should be brought to justice.

Wackos who advocate the unfetered sale arms make us all unsafe. Your spreading of falsehood places everyone in danger. That is unethical.

Regards.

Something like so they can have the monopoly on weapons sales, but couched in "freedom and homeland security" lingo.

In capitalism everyone has the right to prosperity and Russia and elsewhere have some good deals to offer on arms. So, the US should honor their credo of capitalism and not take offense to such entrepreneurship.

Of course I am a pacifist, and wholeheartedly disagree with arms as a whole, but ethically the US has no right to act the way it does with its false ethical standpoint when it comes to non-US involved weapons trade/deals..

I have often wondered why the US has assumed this authority of global cop/dicktator.

Signed,

You claim to be a patriot. More likely a wacko. Please do not falsify the facts. The US has is just one of many countries that tevelops arms and markets and sells them to others countries for their defense (US, Russia , Belgium, UK, France Italy,Israel...). An enterprise that develops and sell arms to terrorist organizations is just an extension of the terrorists. We should all hope that reasonable nations will continue to regulate the sales of arms with laws and people and rogue countries what violate the law should be brought to justice.

Wackos who advocate the unfetered sale arms make us all unsafe. Your spreading of falsehood places everyone in danger. That is unethical.

Regards.

America does all these things for freedom. But at what cost?

PS. If you don't know - America funds extremist groups to fight its enemy. Like they say, enemy of an enemy is a friend.

Pindoses tried to do "catch-and-run" within one night. As ussual they failed. Now everybody lost faces, while pindosses still mumbling "didn't you see the movie?". Almost everytime they try to do some smart-a*s trick in international affairs - they fail. Middle east, Asia, China affairs, Iran, Iraq - every place they simply s**k.

Signed,

Regards.

i have never read such nonsense

The fact that these purchasers were US Agents should negate any terrorism charges. There was absolutely no danger that the weapons would have ever fallen into the wrong hands should a successful transaction have been completed. It sounds like he was baited, lured and entrapped to me.

It is just amazing the ideas idiots come up with. You have absolutely no knowledge of law enforcement procedures, international law, or the history of Mr Bout. Not only are you not informed at all, you apparently don't want to be. Stupidity may not be a choice, but ignornce sure is.

Fact still stands, the charges are <deleted> as the crime never occurred and could never have occurred.

Let me quote myself:

Kinda like how they would put a guy on the corner with a donation box and a sign saying <deleted>. You might giggle and give the man a coin, but you are then guilty of financially supporting a terrorist organisation.

(<deleted> = Moro Islamic Liberation Front)

Would you accept that charge and not protest it?

Obviously an a hole responsible for the deaths of countless people so hope he rots in the BKK Hilton or anyother international state run hotel. Does anyone honestly believe a man like that is safe to be bailed out when he surely has a large stash of cash hidden somewhere to do a runner. It's a no brainer!

ok then lets lock the half USAmerican government in too, and dont forget the german, austrian and other armsdealers :)

Well then we should be shooting George W. Busy, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, many employee's of Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grummand (sp), Halliburton and a whole lot of other heads of state, ministers of defense and war profiteers around the world.

Read that article. He did what so many people around the world do on a regular basis - he just did it on a freelance basis, not for any one country or one company. He was a contractor of the Pentagon in Iraq. If you don't think they knew his background before going into business with him, you are a fool. And they would use him again if it suited their needs - might even have him running shipments for them while he is in prison in the USA.

hel_l I think that scene from Lord of War where they release Orlov is probably pretty accurate and it makes me wonder why he is fighting extradition.

I'm not approving of what any of these people do - war is disgusting and I wish it did not have to exist at all. But the only difference between him and the CEO's of companies who supply American and other military forces with weapons is that they (allegedly) do not violate various sanctions imposed by the UN and others - which are only sanctions put in place to protect their own interests. If anything he is better than these guys - he gives the little guy a chance to level the playing field and have access to the same weapons the other side has.

How is an army supposed to win if they are sanctioned not to receive any weapons yet their opponents are not only given access to every major arms supplier in the world but probably US financial assistance on top of that?

Shoot the as**ole, and just eliminate one more worthless <deleted>** on this planet!

Signed,

It's not a question of America or anyother nation it's a question of ethics. Selling guns to African rebels who kidnap kids and arm them to kill there own families and people with the guns and grenades that the likes of this s_ithead sell is wrong. This dude does it to line his own pockets with the misery of others so I don't care who gets to sentence him even the USA. The USA are by no means perfect so lets get that health plan sorted and maybe some of their dirty arms money can be used to save lives rather than take it.

We're human, killing eachother is what we do but if one pawn in the illegal arms game can be eliminated then good ridance!

As I understand it, the Thai courts were all set to send him to the USA, but after a meeting with the Russian ambassador, sending him to the USA was cancelled.

Fairly obvious why really. The Russians do not want him handed over to the Americans because as soon as he arrived there, he would have been sent straight to the mindbenders and forced to tell the USA all he knows about Russia.

That's why Russia want him safely locked away in a Thai jail, because the Americans can't get near him.

True its a bit strange, even if there are boycotts countries seem to ignore it. Why this guy has to go to jail is strange.

More than that: why TH must extradite him directly to US - bypassing RU? He is NOT a US citizen (so any direct US claims must be thrown away), he is NOT a TH citizen (so TH has NO ANY RIGHT to send him anywhere else but to his country of origin). And even more than that: why his own embassy (RU) keeping goddamn quiet about this all?

He is Russian, and in case of extradition (IF there will be any claims from Thailand) - he must be sent back to Russia. Nowhere else. US stays away from this all, and if they have something to deal with that - they must be dealing with Russian MFA.

That's how I understand this all.

victor bout has caused tremendous pain and suffering in the world.
my condolences to the friends and family

however the USA has and still does cause more suffering (through their arms sales, terrorist propagander and WMD red flagging) in the World than any other country combined. But as they have the big stick they can silence their detractors and or competition.

Victor is an amateur

and was only making sure that the rest of the World enjoyed the same rights as the USA citizens

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects a right to keep and bear arms.[1]

Edited by BlackJack

HERE HERE, I'm with you on this but you know what they say "ignorance is bliss",extradite him to the USA, many of the people on here are so ignorant but they make statements that they know nothing about, they have NEVER experienced being in a combat zone,they juse feel the need to post something/anything to boost their post adds. to them, I say "GET A LIFE"

my condolences to the friends and family

however the USA has and still does cause more suffering (through their arms sales, terrorist propagander and WMD red flagging) in the World than any other country combined. But as they have the big stick they can silence their detractors and or competition.

Victor is an amateur

and was only making sure that the rest of the World enjoyed the same rights as the USA citizens

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects a right to keep and bear arms.[1]

AN AMATEUR he may well be but he made money by selling weapons to dissidents and terrorists, the bill of rights may well protect the right to bear arms but NOT THE RIGHT TO BE A GUN RUNNER, and I'm an English man.

The posts in this thread set a new low for Thai Visa.

1) The world's most notorious arms dealer, who allegedly will sell (I'm sorry, "transport") any weapon to any buyer, is morally equivalent to the United States, who therefore has no right to pursue him.

2) US courts are morally equivalent to Thai and Russian courts. If you believe that, I strongly urge you to go to the US, get yourself in trouble, and attempt to bribe the judge. Please report back your experiences.

I sure do learn a lot on Thai Visa.

By the way, FARC is considered a terrorist group by the EU and Columbia, too.

Ok then so has the AK47 and the Grenade and whatever aircraft are used to drop bombs and people and shoot missiles.

He doesn't kill people or wage war he just supplies weapons to those who want to do battle. If he didn't they would get them from somebody else.

When he sold weapons to the USA to fight insurgents in Iraq he was a hero or simply just another 'contractor'. When he supplies them to somebody we don't like suddenly he becomes the devil. He didn't view either as anything more than business.

Mr Bout has now been in prison for 23 months and there is still no date for the appeal hearing. If he were Thai, he would not have been subjected to this indefinite detention without charge or bail.

I believe the reason is that for most of that time the subject of extradition has been what they are dealing with. Once that is out of the way they can decide what to try him on in Thailand. It is not as if they just arrested him and are holding him without charging him and without cause. He is fighting extradition and the US is fighting hard to get him. Extradition proceedings often drag on for years - look how long that one dude fought to be extradited from Canada to Thailand, Rokshesh Haksena or however you spell it. And I believe Roman Polanski is still being 'incarcerated' in his Swiss Chalet pending his extradition proceedings there - probably will be for a few years.

Lock him up and throw away the key, he sold weapons to terrorists who in turn used them to kill our lads, he deserves NOTHING but life inmprisonment or EXICUTION that would be cheaper.

Cheaper than sending you back to school I am sure. But that is not how we evaluate what punishment people should get.

And just so you know, he mostly sold weapons, sometimes to both sides, to conflicts where they where NOT used against 'your lads'.

Places where some other arms dealer didn't bother to go, since the areas was dangerous themselves.

Now, if you want to know who manufactures the weapons used against 'your lads', there are others to point fingers at...

By the way, FARC is considered a terrorist group by the EU and Columbia, too.

Which has zero point, as 1) The agents wasn't really from FARC and 2) Only in a fascist world is some groups allowed to purchase arms and not others, based on what some big countries think of them.

But do tell, why is it ok for nations to sell arms directly to terrorist organisations, but not for private merchants?

Neither Mr. Saxena nor Mr. Polanski had to spend years sleeping on a concrete floor, packed tight into a cell with 16 inches width per man, eating 1100 calories a day (admittedly you can bribe for more) and having highly inadequate medical treatment (see Prince Cristoph von Hohenlohe).

If you had done any research you would have found out that there are many private, legitimate arms dealers from many countries. While the FARC in Colombia are a half word away and don't get much attention in the local or Europe press, they are a large terrorist group that have caused misery and fear for decades in that country, and anyone supplying arms to them is acting illegally and profiting off the misery of others. The U.S. has done many things to be held accountable for, but to accuse it of trying to create a monopoly in arms sales is patently false and, to be quite honest, just stupid.

oh please -

stay on subject

bring in other crap to support your way off target comments

we are talking about the Russian in Thailand that the USA wants

focus sunshine focus

Oh Topic policeman. It was Russian, in Thailand caught in a law enforcement sting by US agents posing as Columbian terrorists. I found the Post to be both, on Topic and informative. Columbia is mentioned in the OP, so was the OP 'off topic'? ROFL

While I can form an opinion that the USA is biggest Thug the world has ever known and I, also, believe all the internet BLOGS claiming the CIA is the biggest drug dealer in the World, I just can't understand how that makes mr Death a saint or something!?

He more than probably has blood dripping all over the world. He has had a good ride, I don't care if his bus has finally crashed.