Opening Account At Siam Commercial Bank

Hello

Yes yes. I am aware that these days its not easy to open bank account in Thailand. But quiet frankly I have one at Kasikorn and Bangkok Bank and never had any problems at all in creating the account.

Sadly however I would need an account at Siam Commercial Bank specifically and have been denied several times. Anyone know a branch that accepts requests from foreigners with only a tourist visa? Or better to give up and be happy with the other accounts ?

it all depends on

what and how much you intend for the initial deposit....?

if you have a sizeable amount for deposit.... most banks including scb would probably not refuse to open up an acct for you.... within the limit of the current banking laws, that is....

Edited by nakachalet

money talks,if ya have 100000 baht or more,you can open an account anywhere,no need for A visa.Just show them about 100 or more of those 1000 baht notes

You're not nice, 100.000 is kinda cheap!

But without joking, and for the OP, just give a call to their national call center. They speak quite good english, and are very informative. They will tell you for example that you only need some kind of residency in Thailand to open a bank account.

What you will get as services will depend more on the money, how you earn it and so on.

And by the way, just tell any employee you called their call center, they will then agree on nearly everything!

Edited by DTiger

"Sadly however I would need an account at Siam Commercial Bank specifically and have been denied several times. Anyone know a branch that accepts requests from foreigners with only a tourist visa? Or better to give up and be happy with the other accounts ?"

that you have not mentioned your location helps a lot in giving you some advice :)

Haha. True. I should have added the location, that was a little naive :)

Opened account in a branch in TUKOM which is a quiet known shooping mall in Pattaya. Was no problem at all, even got the fixed income account that I wanted. Opened account with 100k in Thai bath. Again, thanks for the help.

Edited by Paundit