Plastic Surgery At Bumrungrad Hospital

JennaJJ

Hello,

I hope anyone who's had cosmetic surgery at Bumrungrad / Thailand will post here...or even if you're planning to go and haven't had surgery yet.

I'm planning to go in August or January for a facelift and browlift, and possible rhinoplasty. I contacted Bumrungrad via their website for a consultation, but the list of doctors available is long and it's an arduous task trying to figure out which physician is the best.

So that's the most crucial thing, find the right doctor.

There's also information on the website about accomodations. I'm not sure if people stay in the hospital the entire time they're there? Do they? The costs per room are here (and I hope it's in Baht!):

http://www.bumrungrad.com/plasticsurgery/c...comodations.asp

The average cost on that page is about $100 per night. They ask that you bring someone with you, so I wonder too if the patient shares the room with the person they bring along for support?

So that's the next thing, accomodations.

If anyone has anything to share, please do! I would love find out the approximate cost for a full facelift if anyone knows.

Smiles,

Jenna

Hello,

I hope anyone who's had cosmetic surgery at Bumrungrad / Thailand will post here...or even if you're planning to go and haven't had surgery yet.

I'm planning to go in August or January for a facelift and browlift, and possible rhinoplasty. I contacted Bumrungrad via their website for a consultation, but the list of doctors available is long and it's an arduous task trying to figure out which physician is the best.

There's also information on the website about accomodations. I'm not sure if people stay in the hospital the entire time they're there? Do they? The costs per room are here (and I hope it's in Baht!):

The average cost on that page is about $100 per night. They ask that you bring someone with you, so I wonder too if the patient shares the room with the person they bring along for support?

If anyone has anything to share, please do! I would love find out the approximate cost for a full facelift if anyone knows.

Smiles,

Jenna

Jenna,

If you have to stay in the hospital post op it will prob. be for one night. Check out the serviced apartments at Bumrungrad(BH Residence). These are units right on the hospital grounds but you are not "in the hospital" but next door if you have any problems. They start out at about $25 US per night and are safe and secure.

Pgrin

• 3 weeks later...

I come from Taiwan. I am planning to have cosmetic surgery in Bumrungrad.

In my planning, I want to stay in the accomodation of B'grad. The surgery i plan to do is breast enlargement.

Any good doctors u can recommend to me?

Is the service and after care of B'grad good?? :o

bytheway, I plan to come this month. Quite hurry...really really want to know more about it....ths

Hi Eunice / Pgrin,

Wow, I just noticed what Pgrin posted above. I didn't know there was a BH Residence. That sounds like it would be a great alternative to a hotel for many people.....especially those who are reticent to travel back and forth to the doctor with bandages for post-op appointments! Really convenient to be so near (if not "in") the facility itself.

Eunice, I'm sorry I don't have a doctor's name to give you. I am using a third party to assist me in that task. One thing I don't understand though - how is it that you have your surgery scheduled without a surgeon?

Jenna

Edited by JennaJJ

Hello,

Smiles,

Jenna

Sorry about that, I'm new and messed things up. However, I'm having surgery in July (face, neck, lower eyes) with Dr. Amorn. I'm staying across the street at the Zenith Hotel. Hope that helps.

Marcia

Sorry about that, I'm new and messed things up. However, I'm having surgery in July (face, neck, lower eyes) with Dr. Amorn. I'm staying across the street at the Zenith Hotel. Hope that helps.

Marcia

Marcia,

Just curious, your doctor's name (Amorn) doesn't sound native to Thailand. Is he from the U.S. or Europe?

Smiles,

Jenna

• 2 weeks later...

:o

Hello,

Smiles,

Jenna

:o:D

Hello,

Smiles,

Jenna

Hello,

Smiles,

Jenna

Hi Jenna I am having trouble using this site too.

My friend and I are going to bumrungrad in August 5th 05 we are having tummy tucks, liposuction, and I am having breast implant and lift. We are staying at the Zenith hotel which is right next door to the hospital we are paying $40 each twin share. You can book everything thought a travel agent in sydney called sabra travel just google the name and their site will come up they arrange acc, trav, car etc and book your produces we are using Dr Teerasit because he is american board certified also he can do all our procedures and also because he is there 5 days a week in case something does go wrong we can see the same doctor . Dont hesitate to email doctors they are happy to answer your questions. hope this helps

Cheers

Kaze

Hello,

Smiles,

Jenna

• 3 years later...
from previous threads about this topic, it was the consensus of the forum that Dr. Amorn Poomee was the preffered surgeon at Bumrungrad for eyes.

My wife had breast augmentation, upper and lower blepharoplasty, and rhinoplasty done by Dr. Amorn Poomee back in 2005. It was our first trip to LOS. We stayed at the BH residence for 7 days. FYI there is a limit on the number of days you can stay in the residence and you need to reserve well in advance to stay there. It is very convenient. There is a walkway from the apartments directly into the mezzanine level BI. We had to stay a bit longer because the doctor was delayed 3 days so we ended our stay in the BH Suites. Very nice $120 for a suite with full kitchen, washer and dryer, and the full UBC channel line-up.

I stayed in my wife's hospital room from the day of her surgery until she was discharged. As for the price, the quote of the package deals listed on their website were pretty spot on. We actually payed a little less. For the first time visitor to Thailand BI takes care of everything. They have a limo pick you up at the airport, if you request it, there is a McDonalds, Starbucks, Au Bon Pain, and Italian and Japanese restaurants in house. They also have an excellent cafeteria (really more like a restaurant). And if you have a room at the BH Suites they have a shuttle cart to the hospital.

All around we were very satisfied and it was a great value compared to the price of treatment in the USA. They aren't the cheapest but it was worth the extra cost IMHO

Hello,

I have had Surgery at Bumrungrad and Dr Charan's Private Clinic in Sukhumvit. lot of Australian and U.K patients use Dr Charan.

Smiles,

Jenna

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am also going to be travelling to Bangkok in November08 to thailand for multiple cosmetic and plastic surgeries. It has been help full looking at everyones info posted because it has helped me make a more informed decision.

Ill be going to Bumrungrad hospital to receive breast augmentation, lipo of the abdomen and cheeks. I will also see a dermatoligist for a lip filler. I have sent the hospital's cru-information unit, approx four photos for them to consider and evaluate. They are very speedy in their reply- which is pleasing because I get very excited for a reply.

I regards to the surgeon- I asked them to recommend me someone who can complete all these procedures. They have not sent a reply yet, although I did mention considering Dr. Charan. Mahatumrat and Dr. Vichai Srimuninnmit for the ops.

I will keep you posted on progress and also after I get it done will definately let you know how it went :o . I do this because the posted comments assisted me!

Hi there,

I am also going to be travelling to Bangkok in November08 to thailand for multiple cosmetic and plastic surgeries. It has been help full looking at everyones info posted because it has helped me make a more informed decision.

Ill be going to Bumrungrad hospital to receive breast augmentation, lipo of the abdomen and cheeks. I will also see a dermatoligist for a lip filler. I have sent the hospital's cru-information unit, approx four photos for them to consider and evaluate. They are very speedy in their reply- which is pleasing because I get very excited for a reply.

I regards to the surgeon- I asked them to recommend me someone who can complete all these procedures. They have not sent a reply yet, although I did mention considering Dr. Charan. Mahatumrat and Dr. Vichai Srimuninnmit for the ops.

I will keep you posted on progress and also after I get it done will definately let you know how it went :o . I do this because the posted comments assisted me!

Dr Charan Mahatumarat is the preferable of the two - English is very good.

Good Luck

Hello,

Smiles,

Jenna

It has been about three years now but Dr. Poomee Amorn was the Dr. who did my wifes facelift. He is a true artist when it comes to plastic surgery. Really knows his stuff. He is Thai but worked in the US and Canada for ten years before coming back to LOS. Have never heard anything bad about him but a lot of good comments. We would highly recommend him. He is in his 60's so don't know if he is still practicing or not. I think so though.

We stayed at the BH Residents not part of but attached to the hospital. It was very comfortable and reasonable priced. Handy, as it is just a short walk to the Hospital.

My wifes surgery turned out really great. Go for it. :o

• 2 years later...
All the information on this subject was posted a few days ago at http://www.thaivisa....showtopic=33281

Hi, I too am having a face and neck lift in October, my surgeon is Dr Charan, does anyone know this doctor...?

Who will be performing your procedure...?

Hi did you end up having the face lift with Dr Charan and were you happy withthe results and scars as I have picked him myself to do a facelift in March

janmac

Hello,

Smiles,

Jenna

Jenna,

If you have to stay in the hospital post op it will prob. be for one night. Check out the serviced apartments at Bumrungrad(BH Residence). These are units right on the hospital grounds but you are not "in the hospital" but next door if you have any problems. They start out at about $25 US per night and are safe and secure.

Pgrin

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Jenna ,

I'm planning to have a rhinoplasty (Asian nose) and eyelid surgery at Bumrungrad in a few months. My first preference was Dr. Poomee but he has referred me to other surgeons, stating he generally does rhino and eyelid surgery on Caucasians. I was very disappointed and back to square one in researching surgeons. I would be interested to hear how your surgery went, which surgeon you used and if you are happy with the work that was done.

There is so much info and reviews on BAs but not so much on eyes and rhino. I've read that for eyes, one should get a surgeon who specializes in eyes and with rhino to use a surgeon who specializes in noses. Can't seem to find a surgeon who specializes in both. Dr. Teerasit has great reviews but no mention of noses. Dr. Montien specialists in nose but can't find much reviews on him and not sure how he would go with eyes. Also considering Dr. Chartchai bc there's a lot of good reviews on him but nothing specific to eyes and nose :/

I've been dealing with GHT. Everyone in the web have given them great reviews, saying how quick they are in responding to queries. My experience has been quite the opposite and just not getting the information I need so have had to turn to these forums for help.

Hope to hear from you :)