Time To Say Thank You!

She has a lot of good friends of mine (girls)  dying to be her friend and take her out. she should be fine, i dont think she will get too bored, as she only stays in her room in thailand, with no tv. she says shes bored with thailand and really wants to come here. The funny thing is whan i ask her what she wants to do when she comes to england, all she seems to say is clean!

I'm a bit of a perfectionist and very clean so there isnt much there for her to do  :o  :D

Well done,(catching up)just got back to brum,from a month in thailand with the wife,she's been here for 3 yrs now,another ball game,from when she arrived.

Give it 6 months,your wife may like to work,it's there nature not to sit around, if there's a chance to earn,been there,done that,edited the video,in the furture need any advice IE.N I number procedure,where to get work etc no probs give us a shout anytime.anyway big spuds i'm sure you will be ok,good luck to you both.

is your wife allowed to return to Thailand in the initial 2 years?

My wife's Thai Aunty is in Eastbourne and seems to believe she isn't allowed to exit UK whatsoever for 2 years !

I believe they can leave if they want. But i might be wrong.

My wife's Thai Aunty is in Eastbourne .........

No wonder she wants to leave...... :o

She can come and go as she pleases within the 2-year validity of the visa providing that her circumstances remain the same; i.e. she's still married and can be maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds.

Scouse.

You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 5 years before the application date (3 years if married to a British citizen). The application date is the date on which it is received by the Home Office. i.e. if your application was received on 20/11/2003 you should have been physically present in the United Kingdom on 21/11/1998 (or 21/11/2000 if married to a British citizen). This is called the residential qualifying period.

You should have been here legally during this period. In other words you must have had the necessary permission under the immigration laws to be in the United Kingdom.

You should have been free from immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of this period. Usually there is a stamp or sticker in your passport saying that you have indefinite leave to enter or remain or no time limit. If you do not have a passport which says this and you have lived here many years you may still be free from an immigration time restriction. If you are married to a British citizen you only need to be free from immigration restrictions on the day you apply.

Some discretion may be exercised over the other residence requirements if there are special circumstances. If you do not meet the residence requirements but believe that there are special circumstances in your case, you should explain them when you apply.

Time spent in the United Kingdom while exempt from immigration control (for example, as a diplomat or a member of visiting forces) or while in any place of detention (or unlawfully absent from such a place) does not normally count towards the residence period.

During the 5 year period you should not have been absent from the United Kingdom for more that 450 days of which no more than 90 days should have been taken in the last 12 months. If you are married to a British citizen you should not have been absent for more than 270 days of which no more than 90 days should have been taken in the last 12 months. There is discretion to allow absences above these normal limits -

ind.... :o

• 2 months later...