Red Shirts To Rally At Bangkok Bank's Headquarters Friday

webfact

PS There are few army trucks behind massage parlors near MenJay junction. With armed personnel. Thu Feb 24,2010

Perhaps they are using their personal bomb detectors in Caesars ;-)

I would guess, as an observer, that perhaps the reds will go for one final push, because it is clear they cannot drum up numbers for lots of little things like the BBL; their canvassers seem unable to get the taxi drivers, maids, motorcycle taxis, security guards etc in a large enough group to protest (I don't doubt there must be at least 10,000 red shirt supporters in BKK, but a lot of them are actually busy working and stuff) so it ends up being a waste of everyone's time.

I watch the canvasser in our area, walking from condo to condo, talking to the key security guards. He doesn't dare talk to me; I am confident I'd shut down any point he could make on behalf of the red shirts which he couldn't answer - our security guys lap it up though.

Wearing a nice new jacket, branded red shirt, branded cap and all those hankerchiefs and branded red shirt memorabilia.....this is a professionally funded PR campaign - at least within Bangkok. Problem with PR is talking up a non story month after month....it gets dull. Yellow shirts had the same issue.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS There are few army trucks behind massage parlors near MenJay junction. With armed personnel. Thu Feb 24,2010

Perhaps they are using their personal bomb detectors in Caesars ;-)

I would guess, as an observer, that perhaps the reds will go for one final push, because it is clear they cannot drum up numbers for lots of little things like the BBL; their canvassers seem unable to get the taxi drivers, maids, motorcycle taxis, security guards etc in a large enough group to protest (I don't doubt there must be at least 10,000 red shirt supporters in BKK, but a lot of them are actually busy working and stuff) so it ends up being a waste of everyone's time.

I watch the canvasser in our area, walking from condo to condo, talking to the key security guards. He doesn't dare talk to me; I am confident I'd shut down any point he could make on behalf of the red shirts which he couldn't answer - our security guys lap it up though.

Wearing a nice new jacket, branded red shirt, branded cap and all those hankerchiefs and branded red shirt memorabilia.....this is a professionally funded PR campaign - at least within Bangkok. Problem with PR is talking up a non story month after month....it gets dull. Yellow shirts had the same issue.

The yellow had luck with Samak. Whenever it went boring, Samak did some barking in TV, than came constitution change story than the temple issue.....If Samak would have been more friendly, don't push for a constitution change and wait with the temple issue, the yellows would have gone home as well. Samak was indeed the best thing that could happen to the PAD