February 17, 201016 yr There are many threads on here about getting the initial or converting from farang-land a Car and Motorcycle license. I have read in one of those threads (can’t find the link now) that it had to be a annual Visa, this may have been some ones belief. I am trying to find out if this is true. I went to the Driver center today, the form in English clearly said a copy of “Non Immigrant Visa”, amongst many other things they want copies of that have been done to death on here. So, I presume that a Non Imm O multi entry that needs a visa run to a bordering country every 90 days is all fine then. I am currently on a Non Imm ED that is for a year and have to go to the Immigration center every 90 days to pay 1900b tax for a extension. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Thank you in advance
February 17, 201016 yr You need a place of ‘residence’. Depending on the place where you’re applying, it could also be the address of a hotel and 500 baht. You’re good to go with a Non-O. They might make an eye-test and a written one, but you can skip it with cash. Good luck.
February 17, 201016 yr You need a place of ‘residence’. Depending on the place where you’re applying, it could also be the address of a hotel and 500 baht. You’re good to go with a Non-O. They might make an eye-test and a written one, but you can skip it with cash. Good luck. Skip it with cash. maybe in the sticks. Where some info on what to do. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Applying-1-a...g-L-t27462.html
February 17, 201016 yr Author I have the letter, stamped from my Embassy to say I live were I do. I have all the stuff, except I didn’t get around to do it, while on the Non Imm ED visa, and I am unexpectedly going change Visas a month before I was planning to do to other circumstances, I am just trying to make sure I can do it when I get back to avoid an unnecessary difficult time before I go. It appears to be Non Imm Visa as the requirement. Not Work Permit, not a 12 month visa. Thx again
February 17, 201016 yr Your ED visa is a non-immigrant visa, so you should be fine, BUT you do need the letter confirming where you live.
February 18, 201016 yr I am on an APEC 3 month visa (asia pacific economic co-operation) and i am on my second 1 year temp thai licence. You shud have no problems whatsoever getting a thai licence. Anyone with a 3 month visa or more can do it. You need to have a farang licence that is current. You do some simple eye and reaction tests and then u get it. I did mine at the motor vehicles department on sukhumvit rd rgds Mark
February 18, 201016 yr I got my first 1 year driving licence yesterday (Feb. 17th.) in Khon Kaen province, with a Non-Imm. O visa. My wife completed the Thai application form and we gave that to the licensing people with copies of International & UK driving licences, passport & visa pages, confirmation of address from local police station and the doctor's confirmation of being alive & breathing. Oh and 160 Baht. No instruction lecture or practical test, only the colour blindness test and I got licences for both bike & car.
February 18, 201016 yr I'll move this to motoring, there is a pinned thread at the top of the forum with requirements etc. "I don't want to know why you can't. I want to know how you can!"
February 18, 201016 yr I got my first 1 year driving licence yesterday (Feb. 17th.) in Khon Kaen province, with a Non-Imm. O visa. My wife completed the Thai application form and we gave that to the licensing people with copies of International & UK driving licences, passport & visa pages, * confirmation of address from local police station and the doctor's confirmation of being alive & breathing. Oh and 160 Baht. No instruction lecture or practical test, only the colour blindness test and I got licences for both bike & car. * this is important Some may ask for a translation of your intern. driving licence. Ask them first.
February 19, 201016 yr I got my first 1 year driving licence yesterday (Feb. 17th.) in Khon Kaen province, with a Non-Imm. O visa. My wife completed the Thai application form and we gave that to the licensing people with copies of International & UK driving licences, passport & visa pages, * confirmation of address from local police station and the doctor's confirmation of being alive & breathing. Oh and 160 Baht. No instruction lecture or practical test, only the colour blindness test and I got licences for both bike & car. * this is important Some may ask for a translation of your intern. driving licence. Ask them first. And the confirmation of address is not required if you have a WP If you have an international license, you will not need a translation either....and the THB I assume is for the doctors certificate not DL, as DL these days are around THB 500
February 19, 201016 yr I am on an APEC 3 month visa (asia pacific economic co-operation) and i am on my second 1 year temp thai licence. You shud have no problems whatsoever getting a thai licence. Anyone with a 3 month visa or more can do it. You need to have a farang licence that is current. You do some simple eye and reaction tests and then u get it. I did mine at the motor vehicles department on sukhumvit rdrgds Mark Curious to know why you are on your second 1 year license, after expiry of the first one year license you shiuld be able to get your hands on a 5 year one
Create an account or sign in to comment