Looking For Lawyers In Thailand?

Lawyers in Thailand are not going to be the same as lawyers where you are from (which may be good or it may be bad of course).

I have direct and detailed experience of paid-for dealings with 3 law firms in Thailand and am happy to share that experience in confidence if it helps. The four are:

Poovong Posai (Poovong Law Office - also a part of thailandlawyers.com) in K-Building Sukhumvit Soi 35

JTJB lawyers in Asoke (K Building - jtjb.com)

Thai Legal Pro (freelance)

Tilleke and Gibbons

If you are looking for an honest appraisal/opinion of their service and effectiveness then you can drop me a line. We can arrange to speak on the phone if required. Everyone is different so your mileage might vary, but when I was looking, I would have been happy to get advice someone who has actually dealt with Thai lawyers and who could have given me some insights as to dealings with lawyers in Thailand.

What's my motivation? I think my experience is typical and oddlly enough, I would quite like to help some x-pats in this sometimes rather dodgy area. No other agendas.

Another shady area that is slightly related, and sometimes used by Thai lawyers, is the Thai Private Detective/Investigator.

If anyone has experience of one that can either "detect" or "investigate" anything, then would love to know who they are!??

<br />Another shady area that is slightly related, and sometimes used by Thai lawyers, is the Thai Private Detective/Investigator.<br /><br />If anyone has experience of one that can either "detect" or "investigate" anything, then would love to know who they are!??<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Indeed. If Thai investigators are as competent as other Thais, I would say finding their ass using both hands is a possibility. But not a certainty. On the other hand, there are a few expat 'investigators who are decidedly shonky, I used one myself last year and can only look back with shrieks of laughter echoing in my mind. Fortunately I didn't spend a lot with him and he was welcome to it - his need evidently greater than mine, and not just for money. Claimed to be loosely associated with a certain law firm prominent on this site...

Do you have experience of any lawyers in Pattaya?

Using one at the moment in Pattaya Tai for a 'domestic dispute', early days but so far so good.

Sometimes find him/them a little slow to respond (better than the negative or no response from my other half) but I guess that's the Thai way so cannot criticize him.

Boonsom K. 0855148346

Just had a couple of unpleasant PMs from someone called isee - no profile details and no posts but desperate for me to express what he believes are uncomplimentary opinions about the 4 lawyers I mentioned. Became abusive when I pointed out that since he didn't know them and was not proposing to deal with them (his statement), then my opinion would not help him in any way.

Take all sorts I suppose, but this guy is obviously a troll, and evidently a particularly needy one at that.

Just to be aware of.