Antibiotic Immunity

Regular basis isn't the right word but at times when my guts have been liquidized by a heavy night on the sauce, (reasonably often) - and especially at times when I know I will be taking a long taxi or coach journey - I take 400mg of Nofloxin as it is an effective diarrhoea preventative and is less harmful than Immodium which is apparently not very good for you, some bloke down the pub told me.

However, is it also unwise to take antibiotics for diarroeah when doing so could possibly build up an immunity so that I would have to take stronger and stronger antibiotics when I really needed them for some future malady?

some bloke down the pub told me.
:o

Quality source.....

Immodium is fine....Much harmless then Norfloxin which is a wide spectrum 3rd generation antibiotic...Anyhow just taking one wouldn't do much anyhow, you must take a course of antibiotics for atleast 5-7 days, not one pill every once in awhile. Antibiotics are also known to cause stomach ailments, that plus the large amounts of alcohol will do wonders for your body.... :D

some bloke down the pub told me.
:o

Quality source.....

Immodium is fine....Much harmless then Norfloxin which is a wide spectrum 3rd generation antibiotic...Anyhow just taking one wouldn't do much anyhow, you must take a course of antibiotics for atleast 5-7 days, not one pill every once in awhile. Antibiotics are also known to cause stomach ailments, that plus the large amounts of alcohol will do wonders for your body.... :D

I'm with you there.As far as I know, all Immodium does is act like concrete,thus keeping the bug inside you,but stopping the shites.natures way is to flush the bad stuff out of you.

antibiotics are a different kettle of fish altogeather.Only to be taken when needed..as Pluto says.

If your picking between the two, the concrete is the answer.If you do get a really bad bug, the IMMODIUM or orally taken anti-biotics wont help anyway....they just get woooooshed away. :D