New Life To Unfinished Buildings?

Belligerent

Does anybody know what is going on with the 2 X unfinished office blocks behing Tesco Lotus on Phaholyothin Road? These towers look as though they were left behind back in 1997 crisis. Now I notice that there is a type of cladding being put up around the taller of the 2 towers. At present, the cladding covers maybe the first 7 floors. Can you go back to these buildings when they have been left for so long?

Edited by Belligerent

I would LOVE to redesign all kinds of abandoned industrial projects here... including those discusting abandoned skytrain structures in Nonthaburi !!!!

Have many ideas about what to do with these monsters.

They need to be demolished, 10 years old concrete and steel with rain and tear, sensible people will not buy them.

Edited by simcity

I would LOVE to redesign all kinds of abandoned industrial projects here... including those discusting abandoned skytrain structures in Nonthaburi !!!!

They need to be demolished, 10 years old concrete and steel with rain and tear, sensible people will not buy them.

Better stay off the skytrain then.

What you said is just.

But I am not a builder or civil engineer, perhaps the type of cement and reinforcement they use for outside structures are not the same as the one for condos floor and structure who supposedly need to be enclose.

The steel reinforcing bar on the skytrain is encased in concrete. On the Hopewell structures it has been left to rust. Possibly still fine, but doing all the tests to prove it will take a lot of effort.

Do you mean those to huge skeletons which are next to the go kart park on the even side? They look quite scary during dusk. It looks like homeless people live there. Those structures should be torn down. I asked my wife about those buildings in December when we were at the Gift Fair.

Supposedly many of those abandoned structures are owned by companies that went broke and cannot afford tearing the places down. There are a few eyesores along Ratchada, too.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid