Expiring Visa

I am a British male 57 in full time employment working 28 x 28 rotation. I obtain my 'O' Non-immigrant visa in Bangladesh. My visa is valid until May 17th 2005 and I was given the normal 90 day stamp when I entered Thailand last month.

I am due to leave for work May 19th and will have my visa renewed for a further year when I get back to Bangladesh.

If I stay until May 19th are they likely to

a) Notice the visa date

:o Fine per day as they do with 30 day no visa

c) Is it likely to cause problems next application.

Do I need go out to Singapore, for example, and return for the 30 day no visa stamp to cover me for the two days extension I need or can I do anything at the Immigration Police?

Many thanks

I am a British male 57 in full time employment working 28 x 28 rotation. I obtain my 'O' Non-immigrant visa in Bangladesh. My visa is  valid until May 17th 2005 and I was given the normal 90 day stamp when I entered Thailand last month.

I am due to leave for work May 19th and will have my visa renewed for a further year when I get back to Bangladesh.

a) Notice the visa date

Do I need go out to Singapore, for example, and return for the 30 day no visa stamp to cover me for the two days extension I need or can I do anything at the Immigration Police?

Many thanks

May I suggest you go to immigration before the 17th, and explain the situation. I am almost sure you can get an extention. You'll probably have to pay for it, but you'll get it. But DO report ahead of time to avoid any trouble. Others on this board will correct me if I'm wrong. Good Luck.....Ernie

Edited by RDN

I am a British male 57 in full time employment working 28 x 28 rotation. I obtain my 'O' Non-immigrant visa in Bangladesh. My visa is  valid until May 17th 2005 and I was given the normal 90 day stamp when I entered Thailand last month.

a) Notice the visa date

Many thanks

May I suggest you go to immigration before the 17th, and explain the situation. I am almost sure you can get an extention. You'll probably have to pay for it, but you'll get it. But DO report ahead of time to avoid any trouble. Others on this board will correct me if I'm wrong. Good Luck.....Ernie

a) Notice the visa date

Many thanks

If you got a 90 day stamp last month you have nothing to worry about :D

Check the 'admitted until' date on your last stamp, it is this that decides when you must leave, NOT the end date of the visa.

Thialand visa rules are not the same as the UK where you must leave before the end date of the visa.

You can arrive on the last day of your visa and get the full 90 days, this is why you can stay in Thailand for about 15 months on a 1 year visa.

Rest easy.

a) Notice the visa date

Many thanks

If you got a 90 day stamp last month you have nothing to worry about :D

Check the 'admitted until' date on your last stamp, it is this that decides when you must leave, NOT the end date of the visa.

Thialand visa rules are not the same as the UK where you must leave before the end date of the visa.

You can arrive on the last day of your visa and get the full 90 days, this is why you can stay in Thailand for about 15 months on a 1 year visa.

Rest easy.

That sounds good and is just what I need as am admitted until July, I'm restin

If you get a re-entry permit before you leave, you can come back after your 28

and still stay until the July date.

Alternatively apply for a new visa while you outside the country.

If you get a re-entry permit before you leave, you can come back after your 28

and still stay until the July date.

Alternatively apply for a new visa while you outside the country.

AND (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) you can go to immigration before your final 90 days are up and get a 30 day extension for a fee.