Ubc Channel 8

bkk_mike

UBC, at least on satellite, seems to be broadcasting a sampler of the gold package channels which can be picked up by people, like me, who stuck to the silver package.

Seems to be Animax in the late afternoon / early evenings, Star World in the late evening, then BBC Prime in the small hours, before switching to "TVB"? around 3am.

I stuck to Silver because I chose not to pay an extra 500 a month for BBC Prime and Star World, the only two channels in the Gold package I'd be remotely inclined to watch - If they'd added Disney for the kids, it would have been a no-brainer, but for some reason they didn't (it's not like Disney's not broadcast to Oz / Phillipines, so it's available, at least in English).

UBC, at least on satellite, seems to be broadcasting a sampler of the gold package channels which can be picked up by people, like me, who stuck to the silver package.

Seems to be Animax in the late afternoon / early evenings, Star World in the late evening, then BBC Prime in the small hours, before switching to "TVB"? around 3am.

I stuck to Silver because I chose not to pay an extra 500 a month for BBC Prime and Star World, the only two channels in the Gold package I'd be remotely inclined to watch - If they'd added Disney for the kids, it would have been a no-brainer, but for some reason they didn't (it's not like Disney's not broadcast to Oz / Phillipines, so it's available, at least in English).

Looks promising, reports as 'future channel' currently showing animax (18:00) check it out later for Star and BBC.

Thanks for the tip, didn't see that.

The channels you mentioned --- BBC Prime, Animax, Star World --- are only available in the Platinum package for about 150 baht a week more than the Gold package.

If you upgrade to Gold you still won't get any of those channels. You can watch extracts on the Channel 8 preview channel.

Agree with with you about Disney. That should be a natural. Time to lobby UBC.

The channels you mentioned --- BBC Prime, Animax, Star World --- are only available in the Platinum package for about 150 baht a week more than the Gold package.

If you upgrade to Gold you still won't get any of those channels. You can watch extracts on the Channel 8 preview channel.

Agree with with you about Disney. That should be a natural. Time to lobby UBC.

No, these channels are available with the silver package too!

Yep. You're right there. Just checked UBCTV.com and Silver has been revamped. For the money it's not a bad deal at all.

Now if BBC Prime would just lose some of those tired old promos they drown us in every 10 minutes...